• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

codhand

Techland is investigating the PC issues

XN1eC.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just tried the PC version dam the screen tearing is aweful. Turning makes a straight line look like a stair case. I'll give it a while to see if it gets patched but my PC plays witcher 2 maxed out so I doubt its me.

I'm disapointed

milesdm

Yamibito said:
Just played an hour or two with a friend, it's quite buggy but wow is it a lot of fun.
I can testify -- this game is surprisingly fun, moreso than anticipated.

Edit: forgot to mention the screen tearing is some of the worse, though.

Is there any way to tell where to go for a quest? I have enhanced navigation set to on but there are no markings on my minimap or the large map. I've been wandering around for like an hour trying to find the first sidequest.

derFeef

Warnen said:
Just tried the PC version dam the screen tearing is aweful. Turning makes a straight line look like a stair case. I'll give it a while to see if it gets patched but my PC plays witcher 2 maxed out so I doubt its me.

I'm disapointed

Can't you just force vsync within the drivers or tools like radeonpro? Seems like a small issue to be solved fast.

Gritesh

Played last night for about 30 minutes and then had mad stuttering.

Quit the game, restarted computer and got back in, played for about 2 hours and then started to get stuttering again.

Tried this morning, 3 minutes into the game stuttering starts again. Annoying as hell, it can't be my computer because it is definitely more than capable, why is the patch coming on Friday? Should come today or tomorrow IMO.

This is the problem with the digital age nowadays, developers seem to be getting lazy and just going into release day with the mindset of "We can fix it later"

played for a bit. had no problems other than i need to turn on v-sync. i thought my color was off then i realized the gamma thing. i can't read and thought it said adjust until you see the dead island logo clearly.

sucks that the zombies won't go INSIDE your survivor hut. they just stop at some point and turn around.

melee combat is nice. thought it would feel like fallout or something which it doesn't at least to me.

R1CHO

By the way, looks like no analog combat with mouse... i am playing with a controller and i think that option is fun and more entertainment that digital combat.

What do you think about that guys?

anddo0 said:
It's VSync() right? Do I have to add a value to that?

No i dont think so. But there are two files one in the game folder and another in documents, the one that works for me is the one in documents

If anyone wants to play in 2 and a half hours from now let me know. I'm gonna play Dead Island and Space Marine all day till my evening class and then moar tonight !!!!1!!1 :D
(reposted)

KPunk

does coop work in this game as it does in like borderlands? i really want to play this entire game with buddies. if not how does it work?

Peterthumpa

Good news about the Steam patch.
Also, is it just me or the graphics are kinda... great?

Haven't seen any HD movies yet but environments and character models look really good (PC version).

Twinduct

@Stitch Well not sure. It just seems like a way to circumvent a DRM measure. In that light alone I'm just scared of getting the wraith of gaben :p

Sethos

Banned
Twinduct said:
@Stitch Well not sure. It just seems like a way to circumvent a DRM measure. In that light alone I'm just scared of getting the wraith of gaben :p

Then again, you could say the entire 'gifting' aspect of buying a game in the US and gifting it to a European to save all the taxes and weird currency exchange - Just the fact that you remove taxes through this method and it's on a new product actually makes it against the law in Denmark for an example. So I doubt they care much about rules and regulations.

Twinduct

@R1CHO Ah ... That makes combat look pretty fun. Although I hate playing FPSs with a controller :|

Gah, maybe it's something they'll fix with an update? :p

Stitch said:
so can you get banned for unlocking a game earlier through VPN? :3

Yes. You definitely CAN get banned for it. It's not very likely and I don't know if Valve actually banned anyone for this but it's in the Steam TOS/EULA.

codhand said:
investigateY.jpg

That's pretty mean, but I still had to laugh.

KageMaru

Was about 2 hours in a co-op campaign game before realizing one of the assholes I was playing with activated a side quest before I could join the game, so this meant the side quest was no longer available to me. So I quit the game, deleted my save, and started over. Played another hour and a half by myself.......Fucking. Awesome. /sarcasm

Love the game, but unless I can find a crew of people that aren't eager to rush through the game, compete for kills for a minor XP bonus, and fail to communicate, I just may trade this game in already.

Not really the best first experience to one of the games I've been looking forward to the most.

felipepl said:
Also, is it just me or the graphics are kinda... great?

Yeah, I thought the game would look pretty good, but the environments especially look good IMO.

Princess Skittles said:
Wait. A game that became an internet meme because of a shitty, deceptive, fruity trailer ends up not being any good?

I am shocked. The trailer clearly indicated this would be the game that would forever change the landscape of gaming.

As if Edge has the final saying in anything... Their review scores are all over the place.

Stitch

Gold Member
We deeply regret that it was not possible to make the final patched version of Dead Island available to players at launch in North America.
We apologize for any issues you may have experienced while playing the game, the final patched version will be made available to North American players today.

Other territories are not affected by this situation, the fully patched game will be available on Friday as announced.

http://www.dead-island.com/forums/d.../2008-issues-digital-release-info-here-2.html

Stitch

Gold Member
No idea. i also got that patch... btw I've unlocked the game through VPN and now i can start it fine with the game exe :D

Steam still says pre-load haha

Was super excited to get home and try the game out (PC version) but reading through this thread at work has me worried, I hope it's not as buggy as people are making it out to be.

Maddness

Heavy said:
I got the Ripper weapon DLC unlocked automatically and ordered from GMG

Sweet. Thanks Heavy. Good to see they're patching the game and fixing it up. Can't wait to start the co-op on this tonight!

Top Bottom