• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Oh good, a patch to get rid of the Ripper bonus...I was worried that I might get to keep the day one DLC when I bought it from the wrong people. Thanks for keeping me honest guys! Now, uh, could you maybe, uh, upload your final product? Thanks.

lennylightspeed said:
Oh good, a patch to get rid of the Ripper bonus...I was worried that I might get to keep the day one DLC when I bought it from the wrong people. Thanks for keeping me honest guys! Now, uh, could you maybe, uh, upload your final product? Thanks.
^

Eh, I had a blast with the dev build last night for a few hours but I knew something was up so I cut my session short in hopes for a patch today.

Unfortunately, I loaded up last night's save with the new patch just now and I still have my weapons and levels/skills, but absolutely no missions completed/pending/etc. -_-
Oh well, at least it isn't much to restart.

Anyway, anyone have luck forcing AA?

Stitch

Gold Member
lennylightspeed said:
it also breaks most savegames and configs and after the prologue it takes all your weapons away.

are the guys at techland high or something?

The game is really a lot of fun. Played for 3 hours straight before I had to go to bed so I was awake for work, haha! I couldn't join my friends in co-op though. We were all in the exact same location but it would refuse to show us each other while searching for people near you. And they were not in the friends list either. Really weird.

Thanks, Stitch, I quit it before getting into the meat of the new features. I think that having no missions will really let me focus on the world, and the lack of weapons will further immerse me in the story of hopelessness. Man, this is such a fun game, but they are trying very hard to make me hate it.

Sullichin

This is quite an entertaining thread. Planning on picking up the PS3 version, glad it seems devoid of the problems plaguing the Steam PC release.

So, you can play co-op pretty much right away, right? What if I'm a few quests ahead / behind a co-op partner, will it cancel those quests for me/him if we are in the same game?

Dev build savegames and configs aren't completely compatible with the retail product? nowai!

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing what exactly happened to the day 1 patch that was supposed to be delivered last night. I'm not putting the blame solely on Techland until I actually understand some of the situation, because I've seen many Steam patches delayed until a certain time interval (usually around noon EST) for no apparent reason.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
The fuck. Apparently anything other than level progress doesn't carry over from co-op. Just turned my game on and there's no one at the lifeguard station and I was locked on the roof.

Sullichin

vitaminwateryum said:
The fuck. Apparently anything other than level progress doesn't carry over from co-op. Just turned my game on and there's no one at the lifeguard station and I was locked on the roof.

wait, really? I thought you can continue/switch between doing your campaign in single player or coop?

DrBo42

Pulled the trigger after watching some streams, looks like ridiculous fun that I cannot pass up. If anyone here is playing on Steam, add me. DrBo

JambiBum

vitaminwateryum said:
You have to make sure that it doesn't say that the current quest won't count towards your progress. It's the same thing Borderlands 1 had. If you get out of line with your co op partner it won't save for your single player quests.

Going to try this on 360 today (rented it), but don’t have any plans on playing through this coop. Hopefully it doesn’t ruin my experience too much, but I don’t know anyone else that has this on their radar. Of course, if anyone wants to try it out on 360 later tonight or tomorrow, add me, please! Gamertag is ThingontheFloor

why is it that nobody joins my session? the game wants you to join others.. but yeah i stopped playing until the final version is released

Derrick01

Banned
So I went to bed after how awful the game ran last night.

Now I wake up to find out they released a fucking dev build? Hopefully this ~75mb patch I just downloaded fixed everything but honestly I just don't care enough right now to even try. These guys are far worse than Bethesda or Obsidian are in my eyes, I've been able to actually play their games on day 1 with minimal problems.

Zomba13

lennylightspeed said:
Awww really? I was kinda looking forward to getting that Ripper even though I got the game from GMG.

Also, if they can 'fix' that pretty quick, why not upload the final version for everyone now? Unless they've not finished it?
Or this is the final version and they thought people wouldn't notice that noclip was bound to y and the game is very buggy?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
JambiBum said:
You have to make sure that it doesn't say that the current quest won't count towards your progress. It's the same thing Borderlands 1 had. If you get out of line with your co op partner it won't save for your single player quests.

Also there are no quest givers at the starting point and I'm locked outside of the little hut, there is however a giant arrow pointing down at the ground right next to it. Looks like I'm starting over :/

Hmm, neat trick. Starting a new game and them starting from chapter 2 seems to work.

mercenar1e said:
same thing happened to me.. i just started from the last checkpoint

Hm, I'll give that a shot. Eh...reloading last checkpoint restarted me in the prologue and then the game flopped down to a low frame rate. Fucking a.

Talamius

So, any way to save my level 12 character or am I pretty much boned? What a clusterfuck of a launch. Locked on the roof, and everyone up there was a zombie.

Edit: Ok, now I'm back at the beginning of the game, but I kept all my gear and levels.

vitaminwateryum said:
Also there are no quest givers at the starting point and I'm locked outside of the little hut, there is however a giant arrow pointing down at the ground right next to it. Looks like I'm starting over :/

same thing happened to me.. i just started from the last checkpoint

panda21

still cautiously optimistic about the PC version but the EDGE review makes it sound pretty bad.

zombies always respawn in the exact same positions so you just learn where they will be? items just respawn infinitely?

panda21 said:
still cautiously optimistic about the PC version but the EDGE review makes it sound pretty bad.

zombies always respawn in the exact same positions so you just learn where they will be? items just respawn infinitely?

Right now it's hard to tell what is a bug and what is a design decision.

Luigi87

I'm suddenly glad GMG ran out of keys and enabled refund due to that...

I'll likely pick this up during a future Steam sale, but for now I'm out.

Teknoman

Stitch said:
by the way, why is almost everyone in this game australian?

Takes place in New Guinea I think.

EDIT: I havent seen a zombie respawn in the exact same spot yet. Sometimes there are zombies in places where there werent any before. Also this isnt anything like Brink, where everyone was getting performance issues from the start/online issues.

Has issues that need to be fixed? Yeah and asap. But crappy/shitty/whatever other form of the word? No.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Welp, my save file broke with the patch.

I guess I should be thankful the numerous bugs put me off from playing more before, or I'd have lost even more progress.

Carm

So as suspected the new patch just removes the noclip and the files in the folders, I see no fixes in game. FOV is still shit, sound crackles no matter what and strafing makes you feel like you're in molasses.

And the Ripper Blueprint is missing from GMG copies. Not that it was suppose to get it anyway, but still... Release broken ass game, release patch that removes items.

Teknoman

Carm said:
So as suspected the new patch just removes the noclip and the files in the folders, I see no fixes in game. FOV is still shit, sound crackles no matter what and strafing makes you feel like you're in molasses.

Yeah FOV options would be nice, but no sound problems for me so far.

Great Rumbler said:
I was having a lot of fun until my savegame got murdered...

If you choose restart from last checkpoint, it should put you at a decent point (might be the beginning of the game) with your current inventory and stats intact. Other than having to do that, no strange bugs for me so far. Maybe its having issues with DX11 cards?

I might sound like a dead island defense force guy at this point, but i'm not running into any bugs, performance issues, or glitches...

Top Bottom