• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Derrick01

Banned
Carm said:
So as suspected the new patch just removes the noclip and the files in the folders, I see no fixes in game. FOV is still shit, sound crackles no matter what and strafing makes you feel like you're in molasses.

I'm just guessing but when they said earlier today the "full" version would be out today I was assuming a 75mb patch wasn't going to fix everything. I'm going to wait until later and see if anything else comes.

linsivvi

Derrick01 said:
I'm just guessing but when they said earlier today the "full" version would be out today I was assuming a 75mb patch wasn't going to fix everything. I'm going to wait until later and see if anything else comes.

75M is pretty big though. All they need to do is to patch the code. The art and sound assets are already there, and that's what takes up the most space.

DryvBy

Concept17 said:
Brink. I still can't play that game.
Brink was the first game I returned since the 90s. Literally. I played through it and ended up sending it right back to Amazon 3 days later.

Carm

Teknoman said:
Yeah FOV options would be nice, but no sound problems for me so far.

If you choose restart from last checkpoint, it should put you at a decent point (might be the beginning of the game) with your current inventory and stats intact. Other than having to do that, no strange bugs for me so far. Maybe its having issues with DX11 cards?

I might sound like a dead island defense force guy at this point, but i'm not running into any bugs, performance issues, or glitches...

From the limited browsing I did on the Steam forum, the sound crackling may be an issue with USB headsets, I dunno though.

Teknoman

Honestly that wasnt really something you were supposed to just play through. Really a missed opportunity on Splash Damage's part.

jet1911

This game is really, really fun! :D

The only thing I'd like is an option to remove the bloom. Whaking zombies with a baseball bat full of nails is really satisfying lol

Artadius

Newest patch adds the ability to set the number of private slots in addition to public slots to your game. This way, I believe, you can set public to 0 and private to 3 so that only friends can join your game instead of anyone public.

Another thing... I've fixed the stuttering and performance by disabling my second monitor and changing the deadisland.exe shortcut to disable windows theme so that the Aero Windows 7 effect is turned off during the game. Seems to have helped quite a bit.

Flunkie

Banned
Teknoman said:
I might sound like a dead island defense force guy at this point, but i'm not running into any bugs, performance issues, or glitches...
Yep.

You know what's entertaining? Actually playing this game. :)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Teknoman said:

I'm running a 6850 on a 2.8 intel quad core under win7 64.

Latest ATI drivers, playing at 720p on my TV with a 360 controller, and it's smooth as butter with no bugs after two hours. This is pre patch, from last night. I'm pissed about losing that 2 hours, but I'm not having any performance issues with the game.

Flunkie

Banned
I wish they'd actually come out and say, "Here's exactly what happened and here's exactly what we're doing to fix it." I think being straight-up with consumers is easily the better way to handle things. That said, I'm going to go play some more.

Flunkie said:
I wish they'd actually come out and say, "Here's exactly what happened and here's exactly what we're doing to fix it." I think being straight-up with consumers is easily the better way to handle things. That said, I'm going to go play some more.

I don't think there is any chance they are actually going to confirm they released a dev build and explain why did happened. That's just too painfully embarrassing. That said they already stated there will be a new version today.

Concept17

abracadaver said:
So is it true that there is no real punishment when you die ? You just respawn a few feet away ? That really sucks if true

You lose money and respawn at the nearest location/outpost.

Confirmed one of the worst recent pc releases with this new patch just messing things up more? Feel real bad for Techland considering the core game is actually really fun.

Oh man I just knew the save games were going to get invalidated. Sigh the game is actually a lot of funny, but so buggy. Hell I drove wonder womens car earlier (well two blue doors were visible). Well the fact I only paid 34 bucks for it makes it a lot easier to deal with. Perhaps updating my nvidia drivers might help too.

Just posted on FB page:
We deeply regret that an incorrect version of Dead Island was inadvertently made available to players on Steam launch in North America.

We are very sorry for any issues you may have experienced while playing the game - the correct, patched version will be made available to North American players ASAP.

Other territories are not affected by this situation, the fully patched game will be available on Friday as announced.

So it's true that the patch we got earlier is just a hotfix.

Yaska

Also if you somehow managed to bypass the eu launch date (vpn) the patch decrypts some of your files again.

Top Bottom