• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Is 1.0.0 the patched version? Steam doesn't seem to want to update anything. Massive screen tearing during the opening cutscene. I don't want to brave the game yet until I know I at least have the first patch...

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
So is it really on steam now? Not going to be using my PC for a few hours so I figure I should just delete and reinstall if its up.

milesdm

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Is 1.0.0 the patched version? Steam doesn't seem to want to update anything. Massive screen tearing during the opening cutscene. I don't want to brave the game yet until I know I at least have the first patch...
It's the patched version of the old/wrong build, a.k.a. the-one-that-has-broken-the-game-even-further.

Deep Silver claim the correct version is now there, ready, but I haven't seen a report of such from anyone else otherwise.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I'll go try I'll report back if no one else does. On cable so it will be awhile.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Dudes, let me know if I should pull the trigger on the PC version. Amazon wants my money, and I'll gladly join the co-op fun, but uh, I need a working game.

robot

Went to best buy for a new controller and looks like the 360 was sold out. Shelves were picked clean and the woman said she thinks same goes for the PS3 version. So I guess that's good news!

Doesn't look like anyone bought Space Marine though.

milesdm

Just validated the files and all that was downloaded was something of 78 bytes. The same happened to a friend, too.

Gonna wait this one out, just in case...

Bollocks

Oh man, I love those "experts" on the steam forums and their theories, most prominent one: this is the 360 build following a long ass post about multiplatform development, what a port is and how this isn't one cause it's the 360 build. All based because they found some strings referencing the 360.
No shit jack it's a multiplatform engine available for 3rd party developers just like UE3, CryEngine of course you'll find references but that doesn't mean shit.
There are also PS3 references, is it the PS3 version then?!
"This isn't the 360 version it wouldn't even run besides why would you be able to alter the resolution, where's live, why is there keyboard support?"
"You have no idea, read my post first, I explained it"
"They took the 360 version and compiled it for the pc, that's why it's buggy"
Someone get those noobs to stfu.

As it looks like, Techland released a debug build, as is the nature of a debug build it's quite messy, nothing more nothing less.

Nelo Ice

Banned
verifying the cache worked for me unless im mistaken ur supposed to have version 1.0 and i noticed theres options for private slots and a vac secure game and when i press Y i dont no clip lol.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the H we'll have to re-download the game? the patch does nothing?
I honestly have no idea where anyone is getting this from. Just because it was a "dev build", some people think that redownloading the entire game will be required. We got the "dev build" by preloading, and the retail discs have the "dev build" on them as well... the problem is that we were supposed to receive that day 0 patch last night, which would have patched it into the retail version 1.0.0.

I'll admit I thought there would be another patch today, though. The wording on their second Facebook page post suggested as much.

Dizzle24

JambiBum said:
Anyone know how to get empty alcohol bottles for the molotovs? Partner and I can't figure it out.

Equip and drink bottle of alcohol? Haven't tried this, but it seems like an idea!

Carm

Nelo Ice said:
verifying the cache worked for me unless im mistaken ur supposed to have version 1.0 and i noticed theres options for private slots and a vac secure game and when i press Y i dont no clip lol.

That patch was from earlier this morning. We are unclear if that is the one they are talking about or a new one. If it's that one, the patch broke the game even more than it already was. I'm downloading the game again at the the moment to see if there is any change again.

something weird just happened. i downloaded the patch and started playing. everything was fine, i continued where i was at from last night. no issues.

then i took the controls from Xbox 360 pad (which i've been using) to keyboard (to test out the Y thing) and the game goes to complete shit. stuttering, framerate looks like crap, garbage. i change it back to 360 controller and it's back to normal. wtf?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Carm said:
That patch was from earlier this morning. We are unclear if that is the one they are talking about or a new one. If it's that one, the patch broke the game even more than it already was. I'm downloading the game again at the the moment to see if there is any change again.

damn they really need to make it clear what version ur supposed to have.

Card Boy

Banned
Games seems pretty good so far on PC despite the bug complaints. Gave it a spin for half an hour.

Seems like Borderlands/Fallout. God dam at the cheesy backstories on the main characters.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
then i took the controls from Xbox 360 pad (which i've been using) to keyboard (to test out the Y thing) and the game goes to complete shit. stuttering, framerate looks like crap, garbage. i change it back to 360 controller and it's back to normal. wtf?

I thought it was me, but i seem to be getting this aswell.

Gez said:
Seems like Borderlands/Fallout. God dam at the cheesy backstories on the main characters.
Definitely getting that feeling, would love to buy this for PS3 but the comments about bugs are making me wait.

cleveridea said:
wow nice box has 3D vision ready on it, cant wait to try it. installing now...

hmm 3D effect is a little...wrong.

light and shadow seems to conflict and gives me a headache, also markers are rendered at incorrect Z.

this game may be better played in 2D

eneko

Tempted to re-download the correct version, but I bet the patch will be out by then. That shit always happens to me.

amrod

Still 1.0.0 after re-download in game

CPybb.png
and .exe properties

Sullichin

Anecdotal evidence ahoy, I think this game's going to sell very well. I guess zombies is a good subject matter to reach the lowest common denominator... one gamestop and one target were sold out, one gamestop was sold out of 360 and I took one of the last PS3 ones. Time to dive in.

kamspy

Why would they be patching this game if it's a completely wrong build? Wouldn't they just find the files they were supposed to release and release those? They said these files exist right? But yet they're patching the dev build....

This smells like bullshit.

Top Bottom