• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Teknoman

Having Borderlands syndrome though. Its cool SP, but 3x more fun in co-op. Even doing mundane stuff like just messing around a pool is more fun with other players. Is there an official way to report bugs?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Come on, GMG, I want my code! I know it's not your fault, but grrr. I don't want to ask for a refund cuz you guys seem cool.

Derrick01

Banned
Kind of a snoozefest so far. I've wandered a good 30 minutes and I've only come across some bunker that had nothing in it but a couple bucks.

DrBo42

Derrick01 said:
Kind of a snoozefest so far. I've wandered a good 30 minutes and I've only come across some bunker that had nothing in it but a couple bucks.
It's almost essential to play with friends.

Artadius

The Lost quest doesn't give you a marker, but you won't find Maggie until you get to the Lighthouse.

There are a handful of quests like this which do not have actual tracking. Best just to not fret with those and go about your way with other quests and you'll probably find yourself finishing them along the way anyways.

Artadius said:
The Lost quest doesn't give you a marker, but you won't find Maggie until you get to the Lighthouse.

There are a handful of quests like this which do not have actual tracking. Best just to not fret with those and go about your way with other quests and you'll probably find yourself finishing them along the way anyways.
Good to know. Do quests disappear after a while?

Teknoman

Artadius said:

Ohhh so its one of those quests. Should have figured that out on my own lol. Thanks for the heads up though. Oh and everyone should turn the music volume up a bit. Its actually pretty good, and really sets the scene.

Derrick01

Banned
DrBo42 said:
It's almost essential to play with friends.

Nah that will bore me more. If I'm not enjoying a game alone then it's not worth playing. I enjoyed borderlands alone just fine. I will soldier on for now.

Teknoman

Derrick01 said:
Nah that will bore me more. If I'm not enjoying a game alone then it's not worth playing. I enjoyed borderlands alone just fine. I will soldier on for now.

You probably just need more zombies/harder enemies. Have you reached some of the faster zombies/larger numbers yet? Also, doesnt the game scale like Borderlands, making the game more challenging with more players?

Derrick01

Banned
Teknoman said:
You probably just need more zombies/harder enemies. Have you reached some of the faster zombies/larger numbers yet? Also, doesnt the game scale like Borderlands, making the game more challenging with more players?

Nah I figured it was only really boring because it's the starting areas. Though I do get a little nervous when I hear the growl or whatever. Sometimes these things just come out of nowhere...literally. I fought a zombie and was attacked by one from behind that was in the direction I had just looked a few seconds earlier.

Teknoman

Derrick01 said:
Nah I figured it was only really boring because it's the starting areas. Though I do get a little nervous when I hear the growl or whatever. Sometimes these things just come out of nowhere...literally. I fought a zombie and was attacked by one from behind that was in the direction I had just looked a few seconds earlier.

Hmm I dunno if it spawns them on purpose like that, or they might be one of the victims you passed earlier. Was just walking around awhile ago, and I came across a zombie eating someone, that turned into a zombie the minute I started attacking the first one.

Aselith

Derrick01 said:

Act I seems to be to let you get used to the game. Act II things start to get vicious.

I finally solved one of my problems. If anyone has the issue of starting the game to a black screen, disable your second monitor. Apparently the game hates dual monitor setups.

Teknoman said:
Hmm I dunno if it spawns them on purpose like that, or they might be one of the victims you passed earlier. Was just walking around awhile ago, and I came across a zombie eating someone, that turned into a zombie the minute I started attacking the first one.

Teknoman, did you say there is a bug where you can't use the 360 headset with a 360 controller?

Teknoman

Sutton Dagger said:
Teknoman, did you say there is a bug where you can't use the 360 headset with a 360 controller?

No, just that you cant press enter to text chat while using a 360 controller. Can you actually use a 360 headset while its plugged into the PC?

notsol337

marked forever
I hate bills. They keep me from playing games.

HOWEVER, I am getting a rather large settlement from a car accident.

Should I just shut up and buy this already? My roommate has it and I want to co-op!

Teknoman said:
No, just that you cant press enter to text chat while using a 360 controller. Can you actually use a 360 headset while its plugged into the PC?

Oh ok. Yeah I plugged mine in and selected the headset setting in Steam, seemed to work fine according to the tests. I only found out last week after giving it a shot.

Edit: I'm talking about the wired one that attaches to the controller btw :)

Dennis

Banned
^^ Try posting one or two

Also, the game is €49.99 on Steam for me. I want to play but that is a lot of money for a broken game.

Teknoman

E75F77C2F50B354785CE812F64E174D68BB60776

18CF32142AEE3DE568313B746C851FA52611C66B

42E4A4E09F079C78D027DF434EBEC4573CFBD4B4

2F59E56F24278E9B87512E365E211C606F71ACF0

Teknoman

DennisK4 said:
Game looks pretty good there.

Lots less jaggy than other screens I have seen. How much AA and what type?

I havent messed with the ini files so whatever the default is. I do have Adaptive AA enabled in Catalyst control center, so maybe thats helping. The intro area blinds are still kinda jaggy...and i'm missing having some form of AF enabled.

I usually like to use application settings for AA and AF.

Card Boy

Banned
G_Berry said:
Wow, the Giantbomb quicklook really has me pumped for his game.

The game itself is really good, they just need to fix afew bugs. If you like Borderlands and Fallout you should like this.

Aselith

Yamibito said:
Uhm, I see you're enjoying the game?

You might say that. /creepy smile

Nah, I usually just screenshot static stuff like posters because I don't think about it in combat. I figured those were the ones close enough that you could see textures and whatnot. I did edit in a combat picture though!

That lady has a ton of moles on her boob though. How weird is that!?!

Echoplx

TheVampire said:
Something is weird with this game.
Im hardly getting and gpu usage on my 2nd gpu processor (gtx590)
By weird you mean standard for new release games.

Just wait for the SLI profile.

vaelic said:

I don't think it's a bug. Stuff like that quest and the water quest are never ending. There's no breadcrumb trail on the map for those quests, just an icon popping up when you happen to be near the item.

Zimbardo

use nvidia inspector to add the correct game .exe file to the Dead Island profile and see if that helps.

the exe associated with the profile is deadisland.exe ...but its actually deadislandgame.exe that's in the Steam directory, i believe.

try adding it and see what happens. probably not much of a difference cus the game is easy as pie to run anyway.

jersoc

wow fuck this game. it reset my progress so now i'm at the prologue again with all the weapons i had prior. jesus fucking christ. glad i wasted 3 hours.

oh wow, it was with the patch. just awesome.

Aselith

jersoc said:
wow fuck this game. it reset my progress so now i'm at the prologue again with all the weapons i had prior. jesus fucking christ. glad i wasted 3 hours.

Wait until you see the surprise that awaits when you finish going through the hotel part. I hope you aren't attached to those weapons.

jersoc

Aselith said:
Wait until you see the surprise that awaits when you finish going through the hotel part. I hope you aren't attached to those weapons.

i'm more attached to not wasting my time, actually.

Top Bottom