• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

derFeef

Not feeling the analogue controls. It's like the swings have no speed or whatever. With mouse I can target more precicesly and the hits are somehow harder.

Truant

derFeef said:
Not feeling the analogue controls. It's like the swings have no speed or whatever. With mouse I can target more precicesly and the hits are somehow harder.

Stick with them. They go from feeling

WHAT IS THIS I HATE TECHLAND > MEH > I guess > They're ok, could be better > Digi-what?

derFeef

Truant said:
Stick with them. They go from feeling

WHAT IS THIS I HATE TECHLAND > MEH > I guess > They're ok, could be better > Digi-what?
We will see, I give it a shot as the controller feels good otherwise. I just don't like the back and forth swtiching of the ready stance to aim at body parts. Or am I doing something wrong.

So, you can't play Dead Island offline? Yet it doesn't say this on the Steam store. A case of inaccurate advertising? If I had known I wouldn't have bought it.

Carm

Slackbladder said:
So, you can't play Dead Island offline? Yet it doesn't say this on the Steam store. A case of inaccurate advertising? If I had known I wouldn't have bought it.

Yea.. I'm hoping that's a bug and not a feature, would be the first time I know of a Steamworks game anyway, that couldn't be played offline.

Truant said:
You can, just go to the "Online" part of the options and set it to "Single Player" before starting up a game.

He means totally offline, game won't start if Steam is in Offline mode, pops up an error saying it needs Steam.
deadisland.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh, I see... to fix the "deletes your game save problem", they.... delete your game save?

Fuck this dev, man.

And the funny thing is, I recall reading that this isn't even the patch that fixes the games save thing... so after they delete your shit, you still have to worry about them deleting your shit.

Someone post an Xzibit pic.

Enco

Slackbladder said:
Well that sucks.

I hate always on DRM. There should be a mega list of every game that has this so I don't waste my money.

Looking forward to playing this later today though.

stupid_dad

Neo Member
My save is still there but checking my trophies ingame and its wiped all my kills and also wiped all my challenges progress

Lol. Wow

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dead Island |OT| Island of you're never safe on the PS3 version.

Darklord

Banned
I dunno what was going on with my GMG key. I got 2 in the one e-mail. Tried the first key and it said I need to activate the original game. So I try the second and it says Bloodbath Area, the pre-order DLC. So I try the first again and it says Bloodbath Arena again! I look on steam and Dead Island is there, but no bloodbath. I don't get what's going on.

Soooo.... should I put off buying this (for PS3) until they sort their shit out? It's a shame 'cause I was really looking forward to picking this up, but I don't want to get into it if there's a chance I'm just going to lose all my progress...

PaulLFC

Info from the separate thread regarding GMG sending out 2 Dead Island keys and some people wondering if it would lead to Steam account bans if they used the second keys:

WaywardGMG said:
To clarify: Valve will NOT ban your account. This is not being revoked as Fraud, their just being invalidated. Valve do not ban accounts due to retailer mistakes. Nobody has done anything 'wrong' or anything illegal, or anything that violates the T&C's of Steam. This is our mess, and we're clearing it up.

If we were talking about a few hundred keys I'm sure we would have just taken the hit, but unfortunately that's not possible in this case.

I'd appreciate if this information could find itself to the front of the thread rather than miscommunication about Steam accounts getting removed - not sure where that came from.

This PS3 shit is ridiculous. I guess I will go back to hitting up the backlog until this save data and stat resetting is resolved. I am not too far into the game and I rather have it stable than lose everything.

I think Dead Island just took the prize for worse release this gen.

mxgt

Banned
Really liking this game single player because of the tension but I hate using a pad for a first person game. I hope they fix the micro stuttering issue for the people that have it because it's so horrible and I don't want to have to keep changing filter keys settings every time I want to play a damn game.

hwalker84

GhostRidah said:
Yes, now all that is left is small minor bugs but for a majority of people the big bugs have been patched.
Except for the fact that some people still can't play it aka my friend who we convinced to purchase it.

03sho

kyo_daikun said:
Luckily it didn't wipe my progress seeing as you know mine still hasn't been delivered by Game....

Sucks man.

I ordered the special edition from gameplay for £29.99 and it arrived on Thursday but I'm waiting until they fix all the glitches etc before playing.

Smash88

Banned
They already sent a patch for us PC users that wiped all our save games, but kept our levels/stats. Essentially the patch we got is the one they are getting now.

Xanathus said:
Always run around until you hit an autosave checkpoint before quitting.
If he plays the Ps3-Version that this won't be a solution 'cause the game decides when it will save even if you'll see an autosave-icon on screen.

derFeef

Xanathus said:
Always run around until you hit an autosave checkpoint before quitting.
I am pretty sure it saved the progress after I fnished 3 quests, but all three are open again. My character lvl was saved though.

Oh yeah the PS3 saving is a blast. It doesn't fully "eat" your save, it just eats certain aspect. Weeeeeeeeeeee. What a quality product. Glad devs have ironed out the basics so late in this generation. Pathetic.

robot

derFeef said:
I am pretty sure it saved the progress after I fnished 3 quests, but all three are open again. My character lvl was saved though.

Dumb question, but are you sure they arent "Continuous Quests" - they never actually finish and always reappear on my screen when I load up a save.

ironcreed

Banned
I am really enjoying the PS3 version thus far, but I am going to be pissed if my 4 hours of progress from last night gets wiped out. That said, I will stick with this game. Because I still think it is a flawed gem and I can appreciate it for what it is. It has a foundation and the ingredients that can be built upon and made into something great with a bit more of a budget and some better tech expertise.

Smash88 said:
They already sent a patch for us PC users that wiped all our save games, but kept our levels/stats. Essentially the patch we got is the one they are getting now.
Except the PS3 patch is wiping stat progress, not saves.

Drazgul said:
Eh, how come Logan has less stats than the others? It's not like his specialty is particularly great (seems the opposite to me).
Actually the throwing skill is awesome. Throw a knife, close in on a zed, kick it to knock it down, then finish off with another weapon, take your knife back, rinse, repeat.

Also he gets a boomerang perk that sometimes automatically gives you your thrown weapon back, and his fury skill lets him throw a weapon and hit two zeds at the same time.

I quite like him.

Darklord

Banned
Carm said:
He means totally offline, game won't start if Steam is in Offline mode, pops up an error saying it needs Steam.
deadisland.jpg

Wtf! Really? Fucking hell. Steam shouldn't allow this.

Edit: Yeah, it does do that. FUCK.

Sullichin

Ugh so the PS3 patch that will fix my problem of deleting my saved game will just delete my trophies / other progress? This really is bullshit.

It's a shame because I keep hearing that the game gets better, but it's kind of hard to see if it picks up if I have to do the same fucking quests from the beginning of the game over and over.

I don't even want to play the game because everything I do might just be lost again. :/

Valravn

Darklord said:
Wtf! Really? Fucking hell. Steam shouldn't allow this.

Edit: Yeah, it does do that. FUCK.

Not when you set the game in offline/single player mode in the options menu. But you cant play, logically, in co-op mode in offline mode.

Or is this a totally different thing?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, sitting at work, and all I want to do is play some more.

Good thing I waited a few days, skipping the launch fiasco. Hoping no more save eating bugs on the PC.

Top Bottom