• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation |OT| This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

Angst

Great OP! This will definitely be a day 1 purchase. If I not forget it due to GT5... in that case I will get it as soon as possible!:D

Madman

Neuromancer said:
Looking forward to it. I could have done without the super zombies though, just like in L4D I think they're unnecessary.
L4D Versus was what made that game, so I don't see how special infected couldn't have been in it.

Day 1 for this.

Fixed1979

Baller said:
Day whenever I get around to it, I still have like 5 zombie games in my backlog. :lol

This should move to the top based only on the fact that it's the same guys who did SSDHD.

Man

Noisepurge said:
Yay Finland!

Day one!

Apparently the Finns are pretty adept at Zombie control.

finland-demotivational-poster-1225574857.jpg

Can't wait to get this game. It looks like a lot of fun. I enjoyed Super Stardust HD a lot, so I'm sure I'm going to love this too. :)

Wool

dwebo said:
I know Valve doesn't have a copyright on special infected, but those zombies are pretty damn similar. Are they saving the charging variants and a smoker clone for DLC? :lol

The screenshots look really similar to "Hunter: The Reckoning" as well if anyone besides me has ever played those games. It sounds like the game play is completely different though.

Mesijs

I reviewed this game, review'll be on Gamer.nl and metacritic in a few days.

I can just say it's amazing, completed it on normal and it's really a steal for this price, offers more than some full-priced games these days and definitely in top-notch quality. There's no reason not to get it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im not into Zombie games but it does looks awesome.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice thread. I still haven't played Super Stardust or whatever it's called, but I think I'll get this.

Rad-

Man said:
Apparently the Finns are pretty adept at Zombie control.

finland-demotivational-poster-1225574857.jpg

Hells yeah. Most badass moment in our country's history.

And will probably buy this to support finnish developers.

LifEndz

The PS Nation review was extremely positive (though they tend to be with PS exclusives). Still, this is a day one for me. Especially since Plus subscribers get a discount. Too many games!!!

garath

It's the creators of Super Stardust HD. The fact that it is co-op and dual stick means they get my money without a second thought. I can't begin to describe how many hours I slaved over my high score on SSHD.

I can't wait to try this game.

meppi

Oh my! I have the early shift next week so I'll be able to play it all day when it hits the EU store.
My buddy is home on Wednesdays so we'll be able to play this on co-op from day one. :D

Guess I won't get much sleep that night. :lol

Probably buying it sometime next year. I'm all zombie-d out from L4D2 and Undead Nightmare, and although I buy a lot of PSN content, I usually just play it a little bit and leave it be for a while.

Except for Joe Danger. That game is crazy addicting.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I haven't played Resident Evil since I played halfway through RE4, was never interested in Left 4 Dead, didn't really enjoy Dead Rising enough to warrant a purchase of any of them, and quite frankly have had very little to do with zombies at all this generation, apart from the generic zombie in rpg's and that Sony first party title nobody on gaf likes.

But I'm definately getting this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I didn't know about this game until last week where a thread was bumped so I said to myself, "Eh, why not check it out?" Read the thread and saw video footage and it looks like a great time. Between this, Pac-Man, the Joe Danger sale, and Black Friday...I'm gonna be so fucking broke. Holy shit so broke.

Cesar

Banned
I hope the game keeps stats of how many zombies you killed and etc. Some trophies would be frustrating without them.

I'm unclear as to who you play. Are you a generic no name survivor, or someone with a name, background and a bit of flair like L4D?

sarcoa

Cesar said:
I hope the game keeps stats of how many zombies you killed and etc. Some trophies would be frustrating without them.
It does, but I don't think it adds to the tally (or unlocks a trophy, for that matter) unless you clear the level.

RustyNails said:
I'm unclear as to who you play. Are you a generic no name survivor, or someone with a name, background and a bit of flair like L4D?
The male and female survivors have a reasonable backstory and get brief narrative bits injected in between every level, but they're literally the exact same story with a different VA.

Top Bottom