• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Demoskinos

Won't be around for evening lobby. Unfortunately, old habits die hard with me and Wrestlemania is tonight so I shall be spending the evening watching that and then wondering why I paid to watch it.

Eolz

Won't be around for evening lobby. Unfortunately, old habits die hard with me and Wrestlemania is tonight so I shall be spending the evening watching that and then wondering why I paid to watch it.

Ahah, doing the same
minus the "paid" part
. Have fun!

RM8

I just bought the PC version. I'll soon learn if my toaster can run it! :p I'm planning on buying a new PC soon, but I'll still install it on this one. Hyped to give DOA a proper chance :]

finally ?

is the current selection not for your tastes , already ??

Do you see a nipple tassels outfit in there? 'Cause I don't.
troll.png

It's out on Steam.

Was waiting until the last minute to pre-order for the bonus costumes since I was still on the fence, but it just got released an hour early by the looks of it. Saves me a decision and some cash :D

AdamT

Here's some quick pics of the game on PC. I know people who'll post better, but I figured I'd share. Preorder costumes were in there as far as I saw. No option to enable all costumes with the button presses like in the console versions. 360 wired controller was recognized instantly.

Full Screen and Windowed options. Resolution goes up to 3840x2160, no 1440p or fullscreen windowed though :(
Max Shadow Resolution: 4096x4096.
Max AA: 4x SSAA.
Running those settings, I was getting frame hiccups down to 15fps approximately. Most of the time it ran 60, and jumped down to 15ish twice mid fight for no reason. Character intros run at 30, fights 60. Currently running a 3570k OC'd to 4.4 and SLI 680s. I'll try single GPU and see if it changes anything.

AlStrong

Max AA: 4x SSAA.
Running those settings, I was getting frame hiccups down to 15fps approximately. Most of the time it ran 60, and jumped down to 15ish twice mid fight for no reason. Character intros run at 30, fights 60. Currently running a 3570k OC'd to 4.4 and SLI 680s. I'll try single GPU and see if it changes anything.

Cool, thanks for that. How's performance if you try to force MSAA?

Vlaphor

Tried running the game for a bit before school. On an I7 4790k, 8gb of ram and a GTX 970 I was getting some notable slowdown when running the game at 4k with max aa and shadows at the second rate. Bringing the AA down to FXAA causes the game to run at 60 pretty much locked, with nothing notable. I started to play a few matches before I realized all the work I would have to do to unlock everything, so I'm waiting for patches/mods to get me back to where I was before.

Oh yeah, have the game installed on an SSD and the load times just blaze. Very nice. Still a disappointing port though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Pretty good tbh.
Tried running the game for a bit before school. On an I7 4790k, 8gb of ram and a GTX 970 I was getting some notable slowdown when running the game at 4k with max aa and shadows at the second rate. Bringing the AA down to FXAA causes the game to run at 60 pretty much locked, with nothing notable. I started to play a few matches before I realized all the work I would have to do to unlock everything, so I'm waiting for patches/mods to get me back to where I was before.

Oh yeah, have the game installed on an SSD and the load times just blaze. Very nice. Still a disappointing port though.

You could always use Exhibition Mode to unlock everything for you but not win any titles.

dreamfall

PC version is barebones, but it looks nice. I can't figure out how to use my fight stick as the main controller though, but it works in versus matches.

Squire

Banned
DOA5 is one of like two games that doesn't work with Spotify on the PS4.

TN, man. When you think they can't make things worse, they're ready to surpass your expectations!

onimonkii

Banned
for anyone curious, even though i am really far below min spec (core2duo e6750 2.66, radeon hd 5770 1gb, 4gb ddr2 1066) the steam port actually runs really well.

that's what it looks like for me, i haven't tried bumping up shadow res or anything past fxaa, but it is far better/smoother than i expected on my pc.

edit: i just tried out the other aa & shadow res options and the performance hit for me is very minimal but noticeable. max shadows with fxaa is still perfect, but ssaa slows me down a bit. overall i'm really pleased with how it looks & runs.

ShinMaruku

Lady Kstoute is so awesome. I put in some time with her in tag. It's truely great. She has the best tag throws. She's so sensuous.

So what is the PC version based off of again?

Haven't picked up the PS4 version in a little while because of FFXIV but I'm curious to see how this will perform on my rig.

AlStrong

No issues, although I'm not an expert so it wasn't too noticeable. GPU utilization is keeping between 40-50% with everything pumped up.

Cool. I suppose I'm more wondering if the engine was somehow incompatible with MSAA (I find it unlikely they'd go with a deferred renderer) or if Team Ninja just couldn't be bothered to expose MSAA support.

The screenshots you took definitely indicate just regular ordered grid super sampling (simple higher res + downscale).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So what is the PC version based off of again?

Arcade/Ultimate. Which was based on the PS3 version. However some PS4 effects/shadows/whatever are in the PC version. So it's a mishmash of the two with a few "features" that aren't really major gone. The only one to worry about is the online.

ShinMaruku

Yup. The only missing addition is the new stage. Online is what makes me worry. Will it take off when it's added? Or will it keep it's niche like all other fighting games?

Arcade/Ultimate. Which was based on the PS3 version. However some PS4 effects/shadows/whatever are in the PC version. So it's a mishmash of the two with a few "features" that aren't really major gone. The only one to worry about is the online.

Gotcha. The screenshots I've seen so far look pretty damn good.

The lacking/delayed online news was always the most mind-boggling though.

Flandy

for anyone curious, even though i am really far below min spec (core2duo e6750 2.66, radeon hd 5770 1gb, 4gb ddr2 1066) the steam port actually runs really well.

that's what it looks like for me, i haven't tried bumping up shadow res or anything past fxaa, but it is far better/smoother than i expected on my pc.

edit: i just tried out the other aa & shadow res options and the performance hit for me is very minimal but noticeable. max shadows with fxaa is still perfect, but ssaa slows me down a bit. overall i'm really pleased with how it looks & runs.

The specs are probably under the assumption that you'll be playing at 1080p

Judging by the fact your screenshot is at 720p I'm gonna assume you're also playing at 720p. That probably gives you some wiggle room with your specs

Top Bottom