• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
tinahair-jpg.9518

The real Tina is back.

ShinMaruku

Oh lawd I had a epic match with one of the OGs of DOA where I beat his bass which had a 15 or so winstreak with Momiji. I was shocked that I won. Momiji is a ranged queen.

ShinMaruku

Ive seen pics of what might end up being a future mod when they find the way to do bigger mods.
Will they mod the hitbox with the extra thing being added?

That was being done before but it did not go too far because 5 came out and some of the methods were slow going. But if you want some really deep mods, that would take some effort.
I think too much people think Skyrim type mods are the norm when it was because that game was so shit modders had to fix it. :p

Vazra

Can you give Phase black hair and blue eyes? Someone on Steam mentioned it and I think its a good idea.

There is an issue that Kasumi and Phase 4 share the same hair and skin textures so it will automatically alter the Kasumi pieces and would lead to some uneven looks when there are unique pieces to each to them.

What I thought was the eye texture wasnt so normal eyes.
gXps6.png

There is an issue that Kasumi and Phase 4 share the same hair and skin textures so it will automatically alter the Kasumi pieces and would lead to some uneven looks when there are unique pieces to each to them.

What I thought was the eye texture wasnt so normal eyes.
gXps6.png

Yeah, that looks kinda cool. A different eye color would make a big difference though.

Seeing all these new texture colors is making me regret not pre-ordering the game. Still, I cant buy it now because I would have forfeited the pre-odrer bikinis. I will have to wait for a good sale :mad:

Ive seen pics of what might end up being a future mod when they find the way to do bigger mods.
Will they mod the hitbox with the extra thing being added?
has anyone put out a mod tutorial, or would you be willing to toss one together? I havent done texture edits in a long time and this would be a fun game to get back into it

Vazra

has anyone put out a mod tutorial, or would you be willing to toss one together? I havent done texture edits in a long time and this would be a fun game to get back into it
You could follow Fiend Busa Tutorial which was the first that was up or use mine which is also posted there which I will quote here.

Download uMod_alpha_v2_r53

1-Start game with uMod (Make sure Global Hook is selected too and make sure the game is set for windowed mode since its easier to go back and forth with the program and the game)

(When the game starts the upper left of the program should have the tab that says game which is the one you are going to edit so make sure its selected even it it should automatically be on it.)
gXz26.png

2-Now that the game is open go back to the program and map the keys to go forward, backward and capture the textures you want. Follow the settings here and it should be easy.
gXxLn.png

(I personally use / for back * for save and - for Next)

OPTIONAL: Set your save directory to something else other than texture.

3- Right Click on the white box under what says title and click Update (Reload) (The box you are using for the game doesnt have the folders you see here and it should be blank since its the profile for the game while the pics here is just a reference)
gXyhT.png

4- Go to the character select screen and load the character you want to rip the textures from and pick the pieces you want as the game will highlight what you're getting using the keys you selected to go back and forth and saving. (You will see the textures on the upper left corner and message of what you are getting.

5- Open the PNG on Photoshop or Gimp and edit the colors to your liking and save the PNG. Save the PNG without changing the name so it overwrites the texture. (Make a backup of the original texture if you want in another folder)

6- Drag and drop on the white box. Make sure A is selected if you want every texture you edit to load. (Make sure the A is selected and not the D so the textures work)
gXyK6.png

7- Right click on the white box again and press Update (Reload)

8- Back to the game and and check your results.
[

Vazra

Yo, these hair recolors are sick. Can you select what hair color goes with what outfit, or is it all in?

Hair texture works with every costume. Since Phase 4 and Kasumi share hair textures they will have the same hair or deal with one of them having half of their hair of another color. You can however use the program for the mods to change hair textures on the fly if you remember the name of the file (or look at the PNG)

Where can I find a list of Christie BnB combos??

I only found video

Freestepdodge should update the characters will all those details tbh.

Seeing all these new texture colors is making me regret not pre-ordering the game. Still, I cant buy it now because I would have forfeited the pre-odrer bikinis. I will have to wait for a good sale :mad:
I made the same mistake. At least it does have problems right now, so I feel not buying it was justified.

I think I'll buy as soon as individual costumes are released.

The Halloween 2013 pack still comes free I think, since it's a sorry for no online thing, but it doesn't have costumes for any of my favs.

Cool retextures Bayonetta :D

KHlover

Banned
Damn I forgot this game even had an OT lol. Anyways

2015-04-01_00027vqz65.jpg

2015-04-01_000280ra38.jpg

First small texture mods. I suck at photoshop so these were very lazily made, but I don't think they turned out too bad.

KHlover

Banned
Okay I just ran into a really strange glitch.

2015-04-01_00029bus36.jpg

Ayane's hair at the start of the the battle.

2015-04-01_00035cds9k.jpg

Ayane's hair at the end of the battle.

What the hell lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow. Red Haired Christie is pretty hot. They totally should allow custom hair colors in addition to the hair styles.

Top Bottom