• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

AlStrong

Are the PS3 versions of the new DLC transferable/crossbuy like the DOA5U ones? Are the PS4 versions working with the PS3?

Wondering in the off chance I do decide to go to a PS4.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq_01.html

I believe it only goes from PS3 -> PS4, not PS4-> PS3, just like how newer DOA5U stuff didn't work in DOA5 vanilla. If you're asking about cross-gen play, then no, that's not a feature.

question, costume wise, what does the$40 ps4 version of last round have?
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html

Shun

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq_01.html

I believe it only goes from PS3 -> PS4, not PS4-> PS3, just like how newer DOA5U stuff didn't work in DOA5 vanilla. If you're asking about cross-gen play, then no, that's not a feature.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html

Not crossplay, just DLC. Thank you though.

I meant if I were to get Aloha pack on PS4 would it work on PS3 and if I were to get Beach Party on PS3 would it move into PS4.

I guess it seems like the PS3 DLC for DOA5LR and DOA5U will transfer over but not vice versa. I guess I'll just go through the PS3 versions only then.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
gOQDm.png

What?

system11

Azuardo was telling me earlier in Shin's lobby that SCEE didn't even put up the catalog.

As usual with SCEE, it depends how you look for it, but it is there. You have to use the PSN search to find it, in-game DLC store doesn't have any updates at all.

Hitomi is broken though, in the listings but if you have the season pass you can't buy it, and it's not tagged as free so just sits there with 'unavailable'.

Will join soon.

Anyone know why the selection of DOA4 music tracks in this game is only three? Are there licensing issues? Or did DOA4 reuse many tracks from the previous games, so the selection is limited? Just odd to me that you get the full DOA1, 2 and 3 music in the game, but only three from DOA4.

Was the DOA4 OST any good? I should check it out on YouTube tbh.

Synth

Will join soon.

Anyone know why the selection of DOA4 music tracks in this game is only three? Are there licensing issues? Or did DOA4 reuse many tracks from the previous games, so the selection is limited? Just odd to me that you get the full DOA1, 2 and 3 music in the game, but only three from DOA4.

Was the DOA4 OST any good? I should check it out on YouTube tbh.

All the character themes are from DOA4 (excluding characters new to DOA5). If I remember correctly the original DOA5 release only has stage music?

All the character themes are from DOA4 (excluding characters new to DOA5). If I remember correctly the original DOA5 release only has stage music?

Ahh really? That's a bit cheap. From what I remember, vanilla DOA5 did have all character themes from the start, though. Although I did get the game after launch, so they could have been patched in? But I kinda doubt that.

Synth

Ahh really? That's a bit cheap. From what I remember, vanilla DOA5 did have all character themes from the start, though. Although I did get the game after launch, so they could have been patched in? But I kinda doubt that.

It probably did then. I think I only played the story mode back then, and that generally just uses the stage music, so I assumed that was all it had. But yea, all the character themes are from DOA4. I'm glad they put them in though, as I despised all the stage music in DOA5, lol.

stn

Finally got the new LR characters. Migrated all my data from 5U. Except my 100% training room completion didn't carry over? Fuck me, I have no interest in re-doing everything from scratch. Especially some of the commands for Hayate, and Akira. Is it not supposed to carry over?

Finally got the new LR characters. Migrated all my data from 5U. Except my 100% training room completion didn't carry over? Fuck me, I have no interest in re-doing everything from scratch. Especially some of the commands for Hayate, and Akira. Is it not supposed to carry over?
I would assume the training room in last round is all new so it wouldnt carry. I havent done any yet since Ive been waiting for PC however

cwistofu

When you know a Mid Kick is coming and you do f+H and it comes out AFTER the mid kick comes out...5 times in a row over 3 matches.

Thanks lag.

Downloaded this thing for free.
3TOrrCy.png

Doesn't show up in the game though.

Also when the hell am I getting the costumes I bought on PS3 on the PS4?

Demoskinos

When you know a Mid Kick is coming and you do f+H and it comes out AFTER the mid kick comes out...5 times in a row over 3 matches.

Thanks lag.

Yep. I've had the opposite happen where I countered something by chance that I wasn't actually actively trying to. o_O

Downloaded this thing for free.
3TOrrCy.png

Doesn't show up in the game though.

Also when the hell am I getting the costumes I bought on PS3 on the PS4?

Nice, thanks. Works in my game.

For your question, probably never. But seriously, we don't know when this shit is being fixed. Annoying as hell.

I find it lol that they reveal fuck all of Marie's chest in her SK outfit, despite the fact she's supposed to be 18, and that Japan does far worse with far younger characters, even Mirai herself in SK. Hell, hardly any of Marie's outfits thus far show off much skin. Come on, TN, string bikini, please!

cwistofu

10% Playstation discount code: LQ8ERDQH3A

for you crazy people on the fence, you can use it to get a cool $9.30 off the season pass.

US/Canada/Latin America only.

ShinMaruku

GGs to all who played in the lobby tonight. Hopefully evening lobby is lively as well. I'm sure it will pick back up right after Bloodborne calms down a bit.

Fogo

Neo Member
I've been playing online for the last hour or 2 and there's one thing I can't seem to get right in this game.

When I get hit, it feels like the hitstun lasts for quite awhile in this game. Is there a way to shake out of hitstun fast enough to not have to deal with the high/low/mid counter hold guessing game that I've been going through tonight?

If it helps, a similar situation I see in Tekken a lot is getting hit with a 10-string combo, but if I block one or 2 of the hits correctly, I am able to punish with a faster move such as a low jab, hop kick, or a 12 frame move etc. and then move in because I am at frame advantage on counter hit.

Demoskinos

I've been playing online for the last hour or 2 and there's one thing I can't seem to get right in this game.

When I get hit, it feels like the hitstun lasts for quite awhile in this game. Is there a way to shake out of hitstun fast enough to not have to deal with the high/low/mid counter hold guessing game that I've been going through tonight?

If it helps, a similar situation I see in Tekken a lot is getting hit with a 10-string combo, but if I block one or 2 of the hits correctly, I am able to punish with a faster move such as a low jab, hop kick, or a 12 frame move etc. and then move in because I am at frame advantage on counter hit.

Yes you can get out of stun but there are various levels of stun in this game. If you are having issues grasping how some of the systems in DOA function I would highly recommend you check out the tutorial. Its a very well done tutorial and covers everything anyone would want to learn about DOA from basic movement to advanced shit like how to deal with characters that use forced wake ups.

Top Bottom