• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

AlStrong

However some PS4 effects/shadows/whatever are in the PC version.

It's just resolution setting for shadows. "PS4-level" doesn't mean much in this respect since PCs are variable. 4k x 4K shadows is somewhat silly tbh since they don't seem to use even PCF, but I suppose they prefer very hard edged shadow maps (might as well just go with stencil). Even DOA4 had soft shadows.

onimonkii

Banned
The specs are probably under the assumption that you'll be playing at 1080p

Judging by the fact your screenshot is at 720p I'm gonna assume you're also playing at 720p. That probably gives you some wiggle room with your specs

yeah, my monitor can't do 1080, everything about my setup is old as hell, but i'm just surprised it works at all with those min specs vs what i've got

Skilletor

My fiancé bought this for me. I'm happy and sad.

I'll take some screens tonight. I've got a 680,so I should be able to do some downsampling.

Flandy

Here are some custom steam images courtesy of The Cowboy
1fjvyAP.png
16982590781_1729c425ae_o.png

16982590781_1729c425ae_o.png
16982590781_1729c426ae_o.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OH MY GOD, Rig's pre-order outfits on Steam are AMAZING.

Liseda

Kinda annoying that everything is locked to 30fps outside the actually fighting, makes the character selection seem really choppy to me.

TheSeks

The Steam forums are on fire with people that are hating because "OMG MY BOOBIE ENGINE REMOVAL" bullshit and other such trolls that have nor had any intention of buying the game.

I dunno why I keep checking there.

Skilletor

The Steam forums are on fire with people that are hating because "OMG MY BOOBIE ENGINE REMOVAL" bullshit and other such trolls that have nor had any intention of buying the game.

I dunno why I keep checking there.

I'm mad about not getting Crimson, but since this is by far the best version of the game other than that omission, I ain't too mad.

It runs ridiculously well and the HUGE bump in IQ is worth it for me.

Namco, plz release TTT2 on PC. And SoulCalibur 5.

So. Good.

I was expecting a disaster and got awesome.

TheSeks

I'm mad about not getting Crimson, but since this is by far the best version of the game other than that omission, I ain't too mad.

It runs ridiculously well and the HUGE bump in IQ is worth it for me.

The two stages and online mode being delayed are the ONLY thing worth giving Tecmo shit about given the state of the port being mostly good. The problem is, a lot of the Steam community is on the "OMG NO SOFT ENGINE RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NO PS4 DEFINITIVE VERSION RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" trip which is completely missing the point since it's not like the particle effects or Soft Engine is really fucking needed by the game. It's like "were you guys REALLY buying the game for that shit? Because if so, maybe it's the for the best you didn't. Now shut the fuck up."

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
After watching the comparisons PC version looks better than PS4/XBOne version except the lack of particles which could have been an option. Also GeDoSaTo helps with the colors and can probably tweak the bloom a bit.

Timu

After watching the comparisons PC version looks better than PS4/XBOne version except the lack of particles which could have been an option. Also GeDoSaTo helps with the colors and can probably tweak the bloom a bit.
I want to see what it looks like with Sweet FX.

ShinMaruku

The two stages and online mode being delayed are the ONLY thing worth giving Tecmo shit about given the state of the port being mostly good. The problem is, a lot of the Steam community is on the "OMG NO SOFT ENGINE RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NO PS4 DEFINITIVE VERSION RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" trip which is completely missing the point since it's not like the particle effects or Soft Engine is really fucking needed by the game. It's like "were you guys REALLY buying the game for that shit? Because if so, maybe it's the for the best you didn't. Now shut the fuck up."

Most of the bitching on steam community is done by people who were never going to buy the game.
Place is a sewer sometimes
The game runs great and misses 2 stages (Although Dangerzone is awesome it changes how you play) and da bewb engine the game is complete. Now it's up to the community to keep it going and not let Team Ninja write it off (Which they seem to be inclined to)

OH MY GOD, Rig's pre-order outfits on Steam are AMAZING.

Oooh are they new? Pics? :)

Most of the bitching on steam community is done by people who were never going to buy the game.
Place is a sewer sometimes
The game runs great and misses 2 stages (Although Dangerzone is awesome it changes how you play) and da bewb engine the game is complete. Now it's up to the community to keep it going and not let Team Ninja write it off (Which they seem to be inclined to)

I was going to buy the game on Steam but the two missing stages were the dealbreaker for me. :/

Missing a great game :(

But you have standards and are sticking to them which is fine.
I wish people stood by principles like you

Hahaha
watch me throw away my principles when this goes on special for $5
:/
Probs won't be for a couple of years though so mm

Help me out here. Is it me or being signed out a lot while looking for rare ranked matches and finding no lobbies at times a regular thing?

PS4 Core Fighters edition here.

TheSeks

Oooh are they new? Pics? :)

They aren't new. At least not as far as I know. But they're new to me, because 1) I don't buy outfits, especially on the PS3 verison and 2) the PS3 version didn't have them.

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_5/Costumes

They're Costume 10, 11 and 12.

That Costume 13 and 14 though... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How's the PC population like? Will there be people still playing by the time multiplayer is released?

2,500 or so yesterday. We won't know when the multiplayer is being released in 3 months. Check back and see after the backlash blows over and how many people stick around for the online.

system11

Kinda annoying that everything is locked to 30fps outside the actually fighting, makes the character selection seem really choppy to me.

Friend set up a petition about that, and when I linked it here people were less than responsive. You're right, it is jarring.

DLC transfer for Europe by April 17th, SCEE has "promised."

TN and Koei are dangling their balls over lava by posting that. Better not let us down, SCEE.

Top Bottom