• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Sh0k

Purchased one of the SK costumes for Tina to try it on since I had a little over $3. credit on PSN. The costume shows as purchased in the store, but by some reason I can't find the costume while choosing Tina, is there anything I need to do for the costume to appear in the list? This is on PS4 and my DOA5LR is updated to the last version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Purchased one of the SK costumes for Tina to try it on since I had a little over $3. credit on PSN. The costume shows as purchased in the store, but by some reason I can't find the costume while choosing Tina, is there anything I need to do for the costume to appear in the list? This is on PS4 and my DOA5LR is updated to the last version.

Did you download the compatibility pack? If not you'll need the latest costume catalog pack.

I've been playing online for the last hour or 2 and there's one thing I can't seem to get right in this game.

When I get hit, it feels like the hitstun lasts for quite awhile in this game. Is there a way to shake out of hitstun fast enough to not have to deal with the high/low/mid counter hold guessing game that I've been going through tonight?

If it helps, a similar situation I see in Tekken a lot is getting hit with a 10-string combo, but if I block one or 2 of the hits correctly, I am able to punish with a faster move such as a low jab, hop kick, or a 12 frame move etc. and then move in because I am at frame advantage on counter hit.

I have problems with this anyway, but don't know whether to put it down to online. You're supposed to hold the hold button and mash on the directions to break out of stun. The game tutorial suggests holding hold and spinning circles on the d-pad (or stick). I still find myself hardly breaking out, or throwing out a hold, which wrecks me even more. Guess it's something I need to practice, but I guess online makes it harder to pull off.

Demoskinos

Download the appropriate "Catalog" from the store as well. Its basically the compatibility pack.

I still can't believe this hasn't been fixed in LR. See the Current Ranked Match Wins. It's supposed to be 14, but any time it enters double digits, the first number overlaps with the S in 'Wins.'

To add to that, when I load up the game or return to the menu sometimes, my ranking at the top displays as LR with zero GP. Then it will come back after backing in and out of menus.

5MD0jG0.jpg

AAK

Gave in and bought a PS4...should be arriving within two weeks. Since the majority of you guys are on PS4, how many of you are between MidWest and East Coast in NA, and play on a wired connection? Would like to get some games with you guys if possible :)

Eolz

Starting from today, I should be able to come in lobbies again Shin. Looking forward to lose again :p

Gave in and bought a PS4...should be arriving within two weeks. Since the majority of you guys are on PS4, how many of you are between MidWest and East Coast in NA, and play on a wired connection? Would like to get some games with you guys if possible :)

Nice!

Anyone play on Xbox One?

I think there is yeah. Some are probably in the google doc in the OP.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Oh cool, will be glad to play with you again. Am on a wireless connection right now but hope to get that resolved in the next few days.

Congratulations and enjoy. I'm on the East Coast in NA and on a wired connection, so we can play some game sometimes if you want. I haven't played in a little while, but I am sure I could use the practice and games.

Uh, I'm assuming you bought the PS4 online, right? Did you see this deal on Amazon? Comes with a digital code for The Last of Us and a physical copy of Bloodborne for $399.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UZGQ3G4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Demoskinos

I used to go to bat for Itagaki because the man made a goddamn masterpiece of a game with Ninja Gaiden Black and DOA 2 & 3 were also spectacular. But DOA 4, Xtreme 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 were all steps down from thier predecessor.

Sad to say but Itagaki is washed up. He took WAY too long to get around to making Devils Third and frankly nobody cares now.

Hey guys is this the place to post PC news too?

They just released a digital manual with kb controls.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/311730/manuals/steam(digital)_DOA5LR.pdf

Edit:

Please check your Steam Community ID before playing.
Players whose Community IDs include the following
characters may encounter problems saving game data:
? / : * " < > |
Game data may not save or load properly if the Community
ID is changed after a game is saved
That could be a problem. They're the special characters Window uses and therefor doesn't allow you to use them in file names, so I'm guessing the save data tries to save out a file with your Steam name.

ShinMaruku

All DOA5:LR news is welcome here.
Ok either next weekend or 3 weeks away we would like to host a DOA tourney. Anybody interested let me know, then we can set it up how to run it. It's always fun to have little gaf tournies.

I would gladly take part whenever, but obviously be aware of the lag that can happen in my games. There's really not a lot I can do about it right now, due to where the PS4 and router is situated, but I am considering options.

I appreciate those that deal with it in my games, even though it does frustrate the hell out of me too lol.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would have liked to participate on the tourney or chip in 20$ PSN card but Im on PS3 and broke at the moment. x_x

big_z

did this game sell like crap? every time I go online I only see a handful of lobby rooms even if I set the search options to as slack as possible. lag is also extremely bad, I think ive had two good fights out of 17 or so and I hear people chatting about it fairly often. I cant tell if its the game or psn being a pos.

btw im playing the free version so im not sure if it limits your online search quality.

did this game sell like crap? every time I go online I only see a handful of lobby rooms even if I set the search options to as slack as possible. lag is also extremely bad, I think ive had two good fights out of 17 or so and I hear people chatting about it fairly often. I cant tell if its the game or psn being a pos.

btw im playing the free version so im not sure if it limits your online search quality.

I doubt it sold well unfortunately due to:

Lack of marketing/advertising like always in this industry, especially for niche games.
Being an old port of a PS3/X360 game with only minor visual enhancements.
Not being a shooter.
I think it actually outsold Guilty Gear Xrd which is frightening.

Mantiskilla

Neo Member
Ok either next weekend or 3 weeks away we would like to host a DOA tourney. Anybody interested let me know, then we can set it up how to run it. It's always fun to have little gaf tournies.

Hmm a tourney?

I don't play that much but sure I could be down with that

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think it actually outsold Guilty Gear Xrd which is frightening.

Last gen or both?

Also no pre-load on Steam despite the PC version in 2 days is TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Tecmo. Why do I get the feeling it's going to be DELAYED AGAIN?

Eolz

Sure. Just need to be sure if the specific date, and hoping it'll be at an hour good for europeans and americans alike.

Oh wow, you're right. It was the 31st until today. Huh. Guess it is coming out. But the lack of pre-loading?
It was always 31st in Japan and 30th everywhere else. People were saying they needed it out for Japan's 31st because it's the last day of Q1, so they would have the day one Steam sales for their Q1 earnings.

Top Bottom