• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

I play Bbodydragon and Gillhustle It takes 20 or so games for me to get 1. If I play them long enough though it can equalize a bit.

Dicking around with skinning for the first time, but here's a Retro-ish Hayabusa using the colors from the original NES Ninja Gaiden sprites.

Skin file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/49fq8pq84qm4pre/RetroHayabusa.zip

5dBjYSl.jpg

sFgYI6W.jpg

MZb7hlh.jpg

iJlyEIC.jpg

VhIoJSt.png

hwWNZKr.jpg
More: http://imgur.com/a/K2MAG

Sorry for the crappy screenshots, GeDoSaTo won't seem to work for me worth a damn.

Also, I did this really quick.

Waaaait you can make clothing textures invisible without having to download someone else's mods?? Just asking cuz I hate it when people make their own pink bits and paste it onto the characters.

rethinking not buying the game
Need dat canon naked Nyotengu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AdamT

I played 20 or so matches last night in random lobbies and couldn't get it together... like real messy play. Couldn't connect with counters and missed some good openings. I think playing with the 360 controller on PC is throwing me off? I may try a spare PS3 controller to keep it closer to parody.

Eolz

Watching the stream, how would you guys rank yourselves? Is there a distinct difference in the play styles between pros / normal players or is it same style but just better reflexes, timings etc.

I'll prolly be picking it up soon and need all the help I can get cause I never played DOA before.

Edit: LOL that bot

Lol, I wish I could consider myself a really good player. Too many errors for that. Got way better thanks to Gaf lobbies though.

But I also think what you've seen in this lobby was far from bad :p.
(Also don't pay attention to the letter rankings, many players play mostly in lobbies)

Yeah, I pretty much stopped playing ranked altogether. I think we're all a decent level. We all have things we can improve and have bad habits, but I like how we're pretty close to each other to give fair fights.

I mean I'm having a problem with it rendering. It gets a bunch of gross distortion on it.

Also, I did this really quick.

Dat's interesting. So recolors can be rather complex, eh.

The sale price I'm willing to jump in on is rising with every picture that I see.

Also, I should join some GAF lobbies when I can. A good way to improve.

ShinMaruku

DOA just has the most hype dads since Tekken.
Funny because Bass and Heihatchi were voiced by the same dude
"IT'S A SHOOOOOWW TIIMMMEEEE!"

And of course my fave
tumblr_nfbh7wU4Tm1rje51ao1_500.gif

KHlover

Banned
Just completed all of Christie's Combo Challenges (except for the Tag one o_O) on PC for the first time. Two things:

1.) I miss my PSVita Dpad for DOA5, WiiU Pro Controller just can't compare :/
2.) Screw that Power Launcher combo. SCREW IT

ShinMaruku

They will comment lots bout mods. They love some of them. The questionable ones in their views they'll try to snipe. Now you guys may call it stupid, but that's them practicing realism. >_>

Fun match, that. Dunno what I was thinking trying to do those grabs. We were ducking and standing trying to throw at different times lol. One day I will learn her better.

I forgot to share that I bought this Kasumi t-shirt a few weeks ago. KT Europe posted about it on twitter one time, from a French site. Love it. Wish they had a Tomi one too.

Get me in when any of Cocod, Demo or Aries is on. If they are playing. It will lag if it's just me and Fox anyway, so I will wait for now.

Eolz

Some really fun matches in the lobby tonight! Will upload some tomorrow.

Hope your network problems are fixed or at least better Azuardo.

Edit: great modding thread!
Really hope @neogafnewthreads come back soon...

Some really fun matches in the lobby tonight! Will upload some tomorrow.

Hope your network problems are fixed or at least better Azuardo.

Edit: great modding thread!
Really hope @neogafnewthreads come back soon...

Thanks, I need to spend more time in the router. The PS4 doesn't show up as a connected device for some reason, so I can't even put it in DMZ.

Edit: All right, finally got what I wanted to do in the router sorted. Managed to get PS4 linked to the application that has ports opened, and also put the PS4 in the DMZ now. So hopefully tomorrow this will be less laggy... Fingers crossed.

As for @neogafnewthreads, use this for now: https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Replays are input-based, so if you're watching a replay, it is essentially playing out a brand-new in-game match. I rarely use other characters outside of Kas, Hitomi etc, but because I've been watching some of my replays against opponents like Brad Wong, I've been getting the titles for using that character X amount of times, or like when they perform a successful Cliffhanger etc.

Huh. Wonder if that's possible on PC. People hitting the power blow on critical bursts would be useful for me to unlock this way.

Velurian

So I played the story a little bit and I mean - wtf?
Its a total mess. I get, that its supposed to be so bad its kind of good or sth - and usually I love that kind of stuff - but its just a bad mess in my opinion. So bad, that I am kind of reluctant to even play it...

Anyone else feel the same?

shiroryu

Its a total mess. I get, that its supposed to be so bad its kind of good or sth - and usually I love that kind of stuff - but its just a bad mess in my opinion. So bad, that I am kind of reluctant to even play it...

Yeah, it's hilarious..."you ran into me, let's fight!". I don't mind it too much.

It's certainly better than say Tekken though, you get a variety of characters and get to play them all. Good for newbies. T6 came close with the scenario mode - but given the hate for it I don't think they'll try that again.

But then outside of MK nobody really does good stories.

It's bad, but I think the focus on the ninjas is good. Just needs to move away from the Kasumi clone plot and Ayane constantly in pursuit of her sister.

Eolz

Thanks, I need to spend more time in the router. The PS4 doesn't show up as a connected device for some reason, so I can't even put it in DMZ.

Edit: All right, finally got what I wanted to do in the router sorted. Managed to get PS4 linked to the application that has ports opened, and also put the PS4 in the DMZ now. So hopefully tomorrow this will be less laggy... Fingers crossed.

As for @neogafnewthreads, use this for now: https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed

Ah thanks, didn't know about this twitter bot.
Let's hope this will be better in terms of lag yeah, but again, I'm pretty sure PSN has been worse those last weeks. Sony really needs to upgrade their infrastructure, they always seem to have just enough, instead of having a bit more just in case.

The story mode was okay, they really need to get rid of Donovan though, getting tired of this way overlong arc. Wouldn't even be so bad if they fleshed out some of the other DOATEC villains like Lisa and Kokoro's mum, and gave Christie more do to.

That being said, the way they handled Rig's amnesia in this game was really cool. I usually hate amnesia plots but
the twist totally took me by surprise.

But then outside of MK nobody really does good stories.

*cough* Skullgirls.

Top Bottom