• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Marie was on the netcode I'll tell you that. :p

14wOruZ.png

Eolz

Initially, I was a little weary of purchasing the game on Steam, but I haven't kept up-to-date on how well the game runs on PC. I'm kinda craving a new fighting game right now - and I haven't played much of any version of Dead or Alive 5 yet - so I'm extremely tempted to just suck it up and pick this up in the next couple of days.

Also, It's good to hear that Akira made a nice transition from Virtua Fighter to Dead or Alive. How about Pai, Jacky, and Sarah? I haven't had much experience playing any of them in any the previous iterations of DOA5.

Game runs apparently well but is still a barebones port. Still the best for screenshots right now, despite the lack of 90° rotation in spectator mode and Soft Skin.

Not a VF pro player, but they all made a great transition imo, despite Pai being weaker for some reason (less damage, different frame data, etc). Sarah is great, Jacky is still pretty good too.

Fuck Bass, god damn

Too
Mister
strong for you?

Jinroh

Damn, I sold my PS3 version months ago and just got the PS4 version. I didn't remember that cut-scenes in 30 fps were so annoying. Why did they do that? :(

Wark

Game runs apparently well but is still a barebones port. Still the best for screenshots right now, despite the lack of 90° rotation in spectator mode and Soft Skin.

Not a VF pro player, but they all made a great transition imo, despite Pai being weaker for some reason (less damage, different frame data, etc). Sarah is great, Jacky is still pretty good too.

Well, that's good enough for me! As long as the game runs just as well as the console version, then I'll pick it up. Since the game is only $28 and some change on Green Man Gaming (with the additional 22% off code), I think I'm sold on picking it up tonight. Thanks for the info!

Well, that's good enough for me! As long as the game runs just as well as the console version, then I'll pick it up. Since the game is only $28 and some change on Green Man Gaming (with the additional 10% off code), I think I'm sold on picking it up tonight. Thanks for the info!
Cool, head into the modding thread when you feel like prettying up the game :)

Too
Mister
strong for you?
Those freaking holds and that one move that takes half your health, WHY

and he was wearing a santa outfit, it added to the frustration

Wark

There's an additional 10% code?

Yeah, I actually meant 22% off (I edited the post afterward) on top of the original 10% - so a total of 32% off or something like that. It brought the game down to $28.08 for me.

The code is: SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS

Just enter it at the checkout page and it'll discount it for you.

shockdude

Yeah, I actually meant 22% off (I edited the post afterward) on top of the original 10% - so a total of 32% off or something like that. It brought the game down to $28.08 for me.

The code is: SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS

Just enter it at the checkout page and it'll discount it for you.
Technically 29.8% off. Still, $28.08; that's even more tempting than before. Was hoping to pick it up for $25, but...
Edit: Screw it, bought. Thanks for the voucher heads-up!

Wark

Technically 29.8% off. Still, $28.08; that's even more tempting than before. Was hoping to pick it up for $25, but...
Edit: Screw it, bought. Thanks for the voucher heads-up!

I knew math was never my strong point, but I was close enough.

Time for me to start modding this game!

Demoskinos

I'll be around if there is a lobby tonight. The NorCal Regionals kept me glued to twitch all weekend but now I'm ready to get back into the ring. Time to start learning Christie!

ShinMaruku

There will be a lobby in the evening. Playing through Type Zero right now.

CPU Bass reads inputs. You have to use his slow assness against him and use knock backs and space him out. Or you pick Phase 4 and do nothing but dunks. :p

shockdude

Izuna drop performed on keyboard. 360 motions on keyboard aren't as bad as you'd think.
awdsawdsawdsawdsa
On top of that, performed on a laptop running on battery power @ 720p60. Not bad imo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Izuna drop performed on keyboard. 360 motions on keyboard aren't as bad as you'd think.
awdsawdsawdsawdsa
On top of that, performed on a laptop running on battery power @ 720p60. Not bad imo.

I haven't even been ABLE to use my keyboard because it's thought of as a perma controller 2. :/ Which isn't bad since I use a controller for DOA and have since consoles, but still... it'd be nice if they did what Capcom did and let one take over for the other in Player 1 IF it isn't set as a "direct to Player-2" slot for versus matches.

It's more a topless mod tbh. And it's not just her. Ayane, Momiji, Honoka. They all got their nips out. The nips look weird on Marie though. Need to be further apart.

Hubb

That's just creepy, the only girl that looks like she's 9 y.o gets a nude mod, Team Ninja won't ever touch PC again if this keeps up

If they make enough money, they'll look past anything.

Sooner or later the whole cast will have a nude mod, 3 arm mod, face swap mods, tiny mods, fat drake mods. Use your imagination, someone will surpass it.

Fess

The nips look weird on Marie though. Need to be further apart.
Needs to be covered up :/
Seriously though, so much talent, wasted on showing skin. Not a fan of this. I saw a red head Christie mod, possibly posted in this thread, now THAT's what I want to see the modders investing their time on, looked crazy good.
Best thing would be if the game was Steam Workshop compatible. But I know that won't ever happen.

Hubb

Seriously though, so much talent, wasted on showing skin. Not a fan of this. I saw a red head Christie mod, possibly posted in this thread, now THAT's what I want to see the modders investing their time on, looked crazy good.
Best thing would be if the game was Steam Workshop compatible. But I know that won't ever happen.

Everything will come in good time, and free at that. These people can invest whatever time/talent they want into whatever they want to make.

I just fought some guy online who was playing with a mic. He was, like, "Fucking Ayane! You playing like a dick, sidestepping everything. Like sidestepping even matters in this game!"

I laughed.

Covered up more? Thats the complete opposite of what this series has always been about.

Demoskinos

If the guy making it enjoyed making it then its not a waste of time or talent.

KHlover

Banned

If you haven't already you should drop in the DOA5 Modding Thread some time. Mechanical Snowman, Bayonetta, I and some others have made some pretty nice SFW mods. Some slightly NSFW ones (blood mod lol) as well, but mostly SFW and not hellbent on just showing boobies.

If you haven't already you should drop in the DOA5 Modding Thread some time. Mechanical Snowman, Bayonetta, I and some others have made some pretty nice SFW mods. Some slightly NSFW ones (blood mod lol) as well, but mostly SFW and not hellbent on just showing boobies.

Is clothes switching a thing yet? Would love to see Kasumi in some of Hitomi's outfits, or using some parts of them.

Top Bottom