• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

The story mode was okay, they really need to get rid of Donovan though, getting tired of this way overlong arc. Wouldn't even be so bad if they fleshed out some of the other DOATEC villains like Lisa and Kokoro's mum, and gave Christie more do to.

That being said, the way they handled Rig's amnesia in this game was really cool. I usually hate amnesia plots but
the twist totally took me by surprise.
Yep, the whole thing has dragged on so much. I'm hoping the ending of 5 means Ayane is okay with Kasumi now - no more stupid "traitor" and trying to kill her every game. You can still have the clones in the game playable for non-canon purposes, but the story needs to move on from it.

Yep, the whole thing has dragged on so much. I'm hoping the ending of 5 means Ayane is okay with Kasumi now - no more stupid "traitor" and trying to kill her every game. You can still have the clones in the game playable for non-canon purposes, but the story needs to move on from it.

Yeah, Ayane has literally the most useless character in the entire series.

I'm actually hoping they'll do more Nicole>Rachael & Tengu>Nyotengu type upgrades to Phase 4, Alpha and Ein - same/similar playstyles but new characters.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If they only focused on the Ninja story for the story mode it would be better instead of trying to cover everyone. Have character endings on Arcade and small conversations going on there to make up for them not being in the "Story" mode.

Ahahah what?
Did DOA2 & 3 stories disappear?

2 - she has a vision of Tengu then goes to get help from Ryu who goes on to kill him, not before being brainwashed.

3 - ok maybe her suicide attempt was interesting. She also helped Ryu and Hayate kill Genra, so ok I'll give you this one.

4 - she destroyed the DOATEC tower which obviously did not stop Donovan at all, while of course killing probably hundreds+ people (many of whom would be totally innocent in Donovan's schemes).

Her whole objective throughout the series has been to kill Kasumi and every time she either gets badly beaten or can't bring her self to do it. Pretty useless tbh

If they only focused on the Ninja story for the story mode it would be better instead of trying to cover everyone. Have character endings on Arcade and small conversations going on there to make up for them not being in the "Story" mode.

Yeah, this really.

But yeah, not a massive fan of Ayane. Stuck up attitude with nothing going for her except jealousy and to kill Kasumi. Hopefully the end of her trying to kill her makes me like her more in DOA6.

ShinMaruku

Yeah, Ayane has literally the most useless character in the entire series.
Of all the characters in the game, she has the strongest story. Her backstory is the source of all the bullshit that happens in the game. If it were not for her father DOAtech would have no contact with the Ninja's to experiment on. The fact that she's actually in the elder branch of the Mugen Tenshin clan is also something intresting. Her father was the older son who was passed over which lead him to run off and do other things and eventually find DOA tech.

Her jelousy of her sister is understandable though. Because she's a bastard child of rape and of ther elder branch of the clan she was mistreated while her sister was treated as befitting of a ninja princess when Ayane who also is a princess with the same blood got treated like shit. That's where the jelousy is. She has stopped trying to kill her sister because the one person who she will truly listen to and has no negative feelings to told her not to do it.

Ayane is the least useless character. The fact that her story line is so dark she can be put in the most cross overs that has a DOA character. She is in Fatal frame,Dynasty Warriors, Senran Kagura and probably 2 other projects we about to see :p

Vazra

Yeah, this really.

But yeah, not a massive fan of Ayane. Stuck up attitude with nothing going for her except jealousy and to kill Kasumi. Hopefully the end of her trying to kill her makes me like her more in DOA6.

Ayane's story makes sense for her to be bitter tbh. It has been stretched but plotwise it makes sense. She is a rape baby, sent away with Genra, having to kill her adoptive father in 3 and having to deal with the fact that she is not royalty like her sister. Kasumi annoys me more than Ayane with her runaway act.

ShinMaruku

Well she's royalty now that her brother is in headship and her mother backing her so she can get over that, but this is something quite deep for her. Ayane's actions have the LEAST cause for people to bitch about. Her dad is a rapist and her adoptive father was a jack ass.

Vazra

Well she's royalty now that her brother is in headship and her mother backing her so she can get over that, but this is something quite deep for her. Ayane's actions have the LEAST cause for people to bitch about. Her dad is a rapist and her adoptive father was a jack ass.

The least relevant ninja is Hayate.
ed5548741b.gif

ShinMaruku

The least relevant ninja is Hayate.
ed5548741b.gif

If you go to my stream and type Hayate you'll get a kick out of it. :p

Still she's in leader ship now and since her sister ran away if Hayate failed again the elder branch of the clan takes their 'rightful' place again. :p

And Ayane is not bitchy to anybody but her sister and her father, she treats her other sister ok, she deals well with Eliot, she and Hitomi are friends, oh and Brad Wong just wants to feel her up but he's no Gen Fu.

vg260

Can someone answer a question about the Xbox One version? I bought the 1st Halloween pack back on the 360 for Ultimate, but the XO version of the pack is not showing as purchased in the store. I thought there was supposed to be cross-buy. I only have the free version of LR. I know I can't use it with the free version, but do I need to buy the $5 version before that pack even shows as being purchased? I have some money stranded on a secondary account I was going to use for it, but I don't know if that would allow me to use the DLC purchased on my main account.

X-Factor

Eolz

Nice pics and videos!

Had to leave the lobby as usual at this hour Shin, but this was really fun despite being a bit empty.
Join us next time Gaf people! Seriously, Azuardo fixed his lag problem, and we really are about getting better while still having fun :p

Haha, "fixed" I'm not sure we can be fully sure about, but it was a big improvement tonight, that's for sure.

Would love more people to hop in the lobbies! Might have to get in touch with people on the spreadsheet to see if any of them we haven't added to PSN would be up for some fights.

Nice pics and videos!

Had to leave the lobby as usual at this hour Shin, but this was really fun despite being a bit empty.
Join us next time Gaf people! Seriously, Azuardo fixed his lag problem, and we really are about getting better while still having fun :p

I'll join next time! I promise!

I'm not very good though...

Yeah but none of that stuff are things Ayane actually did herself. And appearing in spin-offs doesn't really affect her role in the plot.

Y'all over here bickering about Ayane and Kasumi when in reality the only character that matters is Marie Rose. =3

Ok. What's the deal with her? Is she just a cutesy good girl who just does/says a couple of creepy things unintentionally, or is she evil and just putting on the cute act? Because the latter is the only way to make her redeemable IMO.

I reckon Marie is an evil little shit with big plans to take down DOATEC from the inside.

One of her floor kicks has her saying "DIE" in a manner like she literally is trying to murder you.

Don't trust that dodgy little Swede.

I reckon Marie is an evil little shit with big plans to take down DOATEC from the inside.

One of her floor kicks has her saying "DIE" in a manner like she literally is trying to murder you.

Hahah yeah, and seemingly being Helena's maid is a bit too suspicious, she's totally a spy.

Demoskinos

Yeah but none of that stuff are things Ayane actually did herself. And appearing in spin-offs doesn't really affect her role in the plot.

Ok. What's the deal with her? Is she just a cutesy good girl who just does/says a couple of creepy things unintentionally, or is she evil and just putting on the cute act? Because the latter is the only way to make her redeemable IMO.

Nothing has been really explained about her really other than she has some connection to Helena and she seems to be friends with Honoka as they both have special tag intros.

Ultimadrago

DOA5 Last Round PS4

Senran Kagura DLC destructible costumes (PS4 version shown)

8VHEIGn.jpg

3yUQzCB.jpg

M3v6ir0.jpg

VIDEO:

All Senran Kagura costumes video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6La1mb1bqPs

Short videos:

Kasumi vs Ayane Senran Kagura DLC costumes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXy1ZTFgnk

Marie and Honoka Senran Kagura destructible Costumes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFPp9By-3M

Marie Rose angelic maid costume season pass exclusive vs Honoka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLH16C92uHA

-

Lord have mercy at Marie's adorable Angelic Maid.

I did the Senran Kagura pack too, but I'm guessing we're not getting either in the Steam version. *sigh*

Pay for the DLC through my recently acquired PS4 version or ignore for the PC version which I'm enjoying. Decisions.

I think I'm really getting the hang of Marie, I beat Arcade on hard with her earlier, and that was before practicing counters, I got a question tho.

The counters that are need you to press two directions and then block... are they for real lol

Does anyone actually use them? There's barely enough time to press block and a direction, let alone two directions and then block, I wanna know if it's worth the time to learn them because for me it's like impossible mode, and by trying them you risk failing a block, so it seems safer to do a normal block or a normal counter and then follow up with an attack.

Sorry for nub questions, this is my first DOA. I've accepted the fact that I'm not gonna learn everything so I'm trying to work out where to focus efforts.

Vazra

Helena didnt learn shit from the Christie incident.
I think I'm really getting the hang of Marie, I beat Arcade on hard with her earlier, and that was before practicing counters, I got a question tho.

The counters that are need you to press two directions and then block... are they for real lol

Does anyone actually use them? There's barely enough time to press block and a direction, let alone two directions and then block, I wanna know if it's worth the time to learn them because for me it's like impossible mode, and by trying them you risk failing a block, so it seems safer to do a normal block or a normal counter and then follow up with an attack.

Sorry for nub questions, this is my first DOA. I've accepted the fact that I'm not gonna learn everything so I'm trying to work out where to focus efforts.
Play more and you'll adjust to the counters.

KHlover

Banned

She literally breaks the neck of her opponent in her Down Throw. Stop the replay at the right time and you'll see the head of your opponent facing the wrong direction by 180º. Brutal.

Fogo

Neo Member
So I finally broke down and bought this on PC today. All I gotta say is that playing in 2160p is totally worth it along with sweetFX turned on. Looks way better than the PS4 or X1 versions by a mile.

I'm definitely digging Akira in this game, it seems like they did a good job porting his moves into this game from VF5. All of his signature moves are in here along with the motions that go with them (1-frame knee, dragon lance combo, byakko palm strike just to name a few)
I can't wait til PC gets online, I guess I can keep smashing on the free PS3 version for my online fix, but training mode will definitely be my go to mode in the next 3 months.

Demoskinos

Sorry for nub questions, this is my first DOA. I've accepted the fact that I'm not gonna
learn everything so I'm trying to work out where to focus efforts.

You should only be doing counters when you know that part of a string is coming that you can counter. Also with marie Back + Punch + Kick is an offensive hold that can deflect High and Mid punches. So if you're going against a very punch heavy character you can give them a LOT of trouble. Also use marie's side hop a lot. Its great and if you time it right can side step nearly anything.

Eolz

Haha, "fixed" I'm not sure we can be fully sure about, but it was a big improvement tonight, that's for sure.

Would love more people to hop in the lobbies! Might have to get in touch with people on the spreadsheet to see if any of them we haven't added to PSN would be up for some fights.

Ahah yeah, there was a lot less lag apart from a bit later for no reason (since it disappeared again afterwards).
We have to keep in mind many people are still focusing on Bloodborne or some other games too right now.

I'll join next time! I promise!

I'm not very good though...

No problem, Shin won't use Momiji ;)

Yeah, with Marie being Helena's maid and a Systema expert at 18, there's definitely something up.
Official website/story quote about her
Bedecked in a maid uniform and shrouded in mystery.
Despite her sweet and childlike appearance, Marie Rose is a formidable fighter in the Russian martial art of Systema. Who is she really, and what other secrets are hiding behind that devilish smile?

With her being pushed so much in Japan and elsewhere, we can be pretty sure she'll have some sort of "important" role in the story of DOA6.
As said yesterday in the chat, I think they'll finally kill off Donovan to replace him by Rig
his son
as the new big bad guy.

Ninja Dom

Honoka & Raidou finally became available for download for UK PS3 Core Fighters players. BUT you can't download them via the game, you can ONLY download them via the UK PSN website on a computer/tablet/smartphone browser. You then have to manually install them on the PS3 via 'My Downloads' in the PSN Store.

What hassle!

ShinMaruku

She literally breaks the neck of her opponent in her Down Throw. Stop the replay at the right time and you'll see the head of your opponent facing the wrong direction by 180º. Brutal.

I still think Alpha and Phase 4 have he beat in their throws. Just ask Azuardo about Alpha's throws. :p

Demoskinos

If anyone hasn't seen him play you should all look up Sonicfox playing Marie Rose. Easy argument for the best Marie player out there right now.

Wark

So I finally broke down and bought this on PC today. All I gotta say is that playing in 2160p is totally worth it along with sweetFX turned on. Looks way better than the PS4 or X1 versions by a mile.

I'm definitely digging Akira in this game, it seems like they did a good job porting his moves into this game from VF5. All of his signature moves are in here along with the motions that go with them (1-frame knee, dragon lance combo, byakko palm strike just to name a few)
I can't wait til PC gets online, I guess I can keep smashing on the free PS3 version for my online fix, but training mode will definitely be my go to mode in the next 3 months.

Initially, I was a little weary of purchasing the game on Steam, but I haven't kept up-to-date on how well the game runs on PC. I'm kinda craving a new fighting game right now - and I haven't played much of any version of Dead or Alive 5 yet - so I'm extremely tempted to just suck it up and pick this up in the next couple of days.

Also, It's good to hear that Akira made a nice transition from Virtua Fighter to Dead or Alive. How about Pai, Jacky, and Sarah? I haven't had much experience playing any of them in any the previous iterations of DOA5.

Top Bottom