• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

More Sony Europe problems lol

CFmG-epWIAAcauW.jpg:large

Demoskinos

SCEE might be the most incompetent organization ever. Like, I think most people would think you're exaggerating at how much they've fucked up but its like...not an exaggeration at all. Jesus christ.

onimonkii

Banned
i have a dumb question

there's titles you get for playing doa5 for x days, and they start to jump from one a day to like one every 10, etc.

is it consecutive? like if i forgot to play yesterday, is it now 30 consecutive days from today, or will i just be one behind?

Demoskinos

i have a dumb question

there's titles you get for playing doa5 for x days, and they start to jump from one a day to like one every 10, etc.

is it consecutive? like if i forgot to play yesterday, is it now 30 consecutive days from today, or will i just be one behind?
Pretty sure its cumulative.

Don't think I'll have time to do a Tomi costume :( But this Honoka one is coming along really well considering I've not done anything like this before. Will show you all when it's done. I hope some of you will vote for it XD

Still no fix for double digit wins overlapping the text on the main menu results. Has been in there since original DOA5 lol. Hella annoying.

Fighter Force pack should be free to download today in Europe for Season Pass owners, too.

Demoskinos

haha did he try to d/c at the end?

There's nothing worse than a cunt that taunts after winning a round before they've even won the match. I taunt the shit out of them back if I go on to win the match when they do that.

The match ended pretty abruptly at the end so I'm sure he rage quit that I squashed his Silver Fighter Dreams. :p

I will hop on at some point this evening/night.

Well guys, I've finally submitted my costume design for Honoka.

Turns out there are quite a few cow-themed entries for her, so kind of predictable really, but at least hopefully she stands a chance of getting a funny cow suit or something lol. They didn't get back to me about whether I could put an udder on her, but went with the safe option in the end. Not an artist, so quite happy with how it turned out, although the boots were a pain in the arse to do...and it still shows really.

I hope those Moo cow panties prove too hard to resist for you all ;)

Eolz

Noooo, not the udders!
Love the bottles on milk though, hope you'll get votes and that it won't focused on 1-2 designs.

mm... potential. Looks good. The glove is a nice touch.

Where are the udders. ;D

Noooo, not the udders!
Love the bottles on milk though, hope you'll get votes and that it won't focused on 1-2 designs.
Thanks guys. I'll ask some people I know to vote. Would be interesting to know how many votes it gets, but will be tough I think. Some good ones out there. I like this cow suit entry, and I'd probs vote for that if I didn't make mine.

lmao the udders. Original plan was full body cow suit with udders for hilarity. I mocked up what looked like more of a PVC skintight suit (http://i.imgur.com/IbOlgUQ.jpg), but when I saw the above cow suit costume (minus udders) was submitted, I went with the dress idea (I could do panties that way :p). I did have the udder still on to begin with (http://i.imgur.com/Eq13mtA.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/H15iiJE.jpg), and I still think it would have been hilarious in its own cheeky innuendo way, but wasn't sure whether to risk it in the end. I suppose I could have put two designs together, but I like the final one as it is still.

Hair options F through H? Did they add more hairstyles?
Honestly not sure about this. I know you can get to F on Kasumi's summer dress costume because she has a hat as well, but perhaps there are other DLC outfits with hats/accessories that bump a handful up to H. I don't have all DLC to go through them all.

i got a question, is Hayabusa / some characters just overpowered / underpowered? I had a friend stay with me for a week and he'd never played DOA, and I have been playing on and off since it arrived on PC and he kicked my ass with Hayabusa after I showed him command training (he couldn't even complete all the commands) and I was playing Marie. Do i just suck bad or are some characters just super beginner friendly and overpowered?

I mean he really kicked my ass, after a couple days of practice. He couldn't even get a round in when he played as Ayane, and couldn't beat the computer on Hard, but just kicked my ass with Hayabusa vs Marie. Marie can't be underpowered since she's used by high ranking pros right?

Any advice? I don't care about getting super good like some of you guys, but i want to get at least competitive against the average human player.

Demoskinos

i got a question, is Hayabusa / some characters just overpowered / underpowered? I had a friend stay with me for a week and he'd never played DOA, and I have been playing on and off since it arrived on PC and he kicked my ass with Hayabusa after I showed him command training (he couldn't even complete all the commands) and I was playing Marie. Do i just suck bad or are some characters just super beginner friendly and overpowered?

I mean he really kicked my ass, after a couple days of practice. He couldn't even get a round in when he played as Ayane, and couldn't beat the computer on Hard, but just kicked my ass with Hayabusa vs Marie. Marie can't be underpowered since she's used by high ranking pros right?

Any advice? I don't care about getting super good like some of you guys, but i want to get at least competitive against the average human player.

Might just be that Hayabusa has a lot of really visually tricky moves to follow. So its sort of easy to mash shit out with him and get decent results. As for Marie she's pretty good but she is also a much more defensive character and a character that punishes mistakes rather than a rush down character that gets in your face. Which is why she has a sidestep and parry.

As for advice. The only advice really is to go into training mode and if you're having trouble against Hayabusa do training mode with him and figure how how all of his moves hit that way you'll be more apt to counter his moves. Fighting games are as much if not more about knowing the people you're fighting against than knowing flashy combos which is especially true in Dead or Alive as a basic understanding of fundamentals will take you a long way.

One big thing that a LOT of people get in the bad habit of doing is trying to over-use the counter system. Any failed counter results in a counter hit which means you take more damage so just BLOCK unless you can fully anticipate what your opponent is going to throw out. Also I would for the most part avoid doing wakeup kicks. Stand up with block instead its you're safest option for recovery.

I have a modding/texture question.
Is it true that not all costumes have normal/bump maps? I assumed they did, but I cant seem to find one for Lisas silver swimsuit. There is a darker texture map, but I think that the specular one.

ShinMaruku

I have a modding/texture question.
Is it true that not all costumes have normal/bump maps? I assumed they did, but I cant seem to find one for Lisas silver swimsuit. There is a darker texture map, but I think that the specular one.

Some may not have that. Some textures are kinda wonky.

Over 1500 designs sent in for DOA costume contest. Mental.

So many cow outfits for Honoka lol. Well I know what I'm doing next time anyway.

Some may not have that. Some textures are kinda wonky.

It is confusing for me. I can see Lisas swimsuit doesnt have a flat texture in the game, but Im not sure if that because it has a normal map causing that to happen, or just a specular one.
Today I tried to give Lisa Egyptian eye liner. Maybe its too much? I didnt want her look like a member of Kiss. I also changed her hair, eye, lipstick color and gave her tiny ankh earrings.

Getting 72 to 80MB broadband installed in my area on June 10th. Hopefully that will give me a boost online. Still wireless, mind, but best I can do.

As a matter of fact, a mate of mine had his whole internet in his area go offline for 3 weeks after a fuck up when installing the new broadband down there a few weeks back. He lives in Cornwall (Shin will love that).

Hopefully it goes smoothly up here lol.

ShinMaruku

Impressive stuff especially the Rig fight. Man, do I hate playing against a good Rig player lol.

You need to know when to open them up and range them. You see I adjusted and ranged the hell out of him. Ayane and Momiji are VERY good at range. Ayane better for Rig because I can crush his moves and blow him up.

Top Bottom