• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Demoskinos

You need to know when to open them up and range them. You see I adjusted and ranged the hell out of him. Ayane and Momiji are VERY good at range. Ayane better for Rig because I can crush his moves and blow him up.

Oh yeah momiji and Ayane want to play the footsies and spacing game as much as possible. With Rachel I want to be in your face. Her grabs are essential to starting some of her combos.

ShinMaruku

She can space him out to to grab him. Just need to know which of his strings to throw punish. Also use her weight. His bullshit combos can't work on her. She's too fat. :p

dreamfall

Argh. Wish the Season Pass would go for half off or something- then I'd feel better about buying it/getting all these costumes!

I've seen people saying that fans don't get to vote on these fan costumes, and that it's voted for in Team Ninja. I don't know how people know or if it's true or not.

Im not too fussed about whether the fans of the devs get to vote on the costume designs. I think I will get a similar ratio of costumes I like to those I dont either way.
I gave Phase 4 some reptile eyes. Later I changed her to just have normal make up. She looked too scary this way. Eventually I will turn Elliot into some kind of monster, as Im not that keen on his current design.
Anyone else still doing texture mods?

vBuB4rj_f0Nj2eFUMUvqDpgpSJpP5ejaxBzgQiy8aeg=s300-no

I might make a separate GAF topic for this, but just wondering if any of you lot in here could recommend a quality headset for PS4/PC?

I've spent pretty much the past week researching, and every time I think I've found something - even if I commit to something expensive - I find reviews saying something is shit, like the bass or mic.

Good bass and mic are the two main things I want the most, and it would be primarily for PS4 gaming, and music use on laptop. Like I say, will probably make a topic for it tomorrow, but thought I'd pop the question in here before I head off for the night. Cheers if anyone can recommend anything.

Ferr986

I might make a separate GAF topic for this, but just wondering if any of you lot in here could recommend a quality headset for PS4/PC?

I've spent pretty much the past week researching, and every time I think I've found something - even if I commit to something expensive - I find reviews saying something is shit, like the bass or mic.

Good bass and mic are the two main things I want the most, and it would be primarily for PS4 gaming, and music use on laptop. Like I say, will probably make a topic for it tomorrow, but thought I'd pop the question in here before I head off for the night. Cheers if anyone can recommend anything.

The problem is that usually the gaming headphones audio quality is pretty subpar, even more if you want to use them for listening music.

If you want an all for one headphone (not only gaming but also music) I would recommend an open stereo headphone, and attach a mic. (open design have wider soundstage so they're better for gaming, the cons are that they leak sound outside and they have less bass than a closed design headphones. Closed have better bass and they don't leak sound, but the soundstage is smaller).

I'm not to versed in open design headphones but the Senheisser HD598, Beyerdynamic DT990 or Audio-Technica AD700 are always recommended. HD598 have not much bass though.. Didn't try the DT990 but they have more bass as far as I know while still being open design.

Dunno about the mics, honestly.

There's an OT for headphones with people that will probably know more models. There's a lot to choose in headphones.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029724&page=10

Thanks mate, didn't know there was an OT, so will probably pop in there.

Sounds like I have to substitute one thing for another if I want good bass, then... I have often seen people saying to go with good headphones and buy the mic separate, because you usually end up with a less than perfect mic on headsets, no matter the money you put in.

Primarily, it will be for PS4, but I am a sucker for good bass...but obviously don't want it to to ruin the overall sound of the game, either. I'll have a look/ask in that thread for extra help.

Appreciate the help; glad I didn't make a new topic now :)

ShinMaruku

Oh that Devils thrid topic. I can't wait to see how people twist to that game.

Personally I have the beats and they work pretty well when I use them.

Eolz

Qpad 85/90, used the same thing when I was on PS4 (with and adapter)

Kumubou

So I got really bored the last couple of nights and decided to put the PC version of DoA5:LR to some use.

What am I doing with my life? Still a bunch of errors to work out, some that I probably can fix (parts of the outfit are off but can be fixed with some texture editing either with the coloring or some detail work) and some that we don't have the tools to fix yet (like the socks and hair being too short and the necktie just being wrong). In particular, the texture/model error at the neck drives me nuts and I don't think there's any easy (or possible?) way to fix that.

Eolz

The game as well is on sale btw, -40%. WIll just wait to see if it's in a daily/flash sale, then buy it.

I like her lips. You did alter them right? They look glossy.

Make Kassie's hair more gingery like her older hair colour.

I did change her lip color. I think lipstick in general, looks good on a pretty face. I havent had time to change her hair color unfortunately (being focusing on Momiji).
Disappointed that the bikini mega-pack isnt on sale. I'd likely have bought it for 50% off (even though its still kinda pricey there). Theres no way that Halloween pack is worth $33 USD to me.
Good news about the online. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Kumubou

I'm not going to lie: I really missed the Deception outfits that Ayane and Helena had in the older games, and I would probably cop that pack of the DLC... especially if the online functionality actually works on the PC.

Whats all this talk about Deception?

Deception is an RPG series by Tecmo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_(series)

Dead or Alive 2 had two costume based on the series: Ayane had one based on Millennia's from Kagero: Deception II, and Helena had one based on Reina from Deception III: Dark Delusion.

"My deception rules all of creation!" is also Tengu's pre-fight quote in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. His original English translated line in Dead or Alive 2 was "Everything is my delusion!"

Ayane/Millenia said:
Helena/Reina said:

Demoskinos

Deception is an RPG series by Tecmo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_(series)

Dead or Alive 2 had two costume based on the series: Ayane had one based on Millennia's from Kagero: Deception II, and Helena had one based on Reina from Deception III: Dark Delusion.

"My deception rules all of creation!" is also Tengu's pre-fight quote in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. His original English translated line in Dead or Alive 2 was "Everything is my delusion!"

Ah! Cool.

Yeah, altho I was only thinking along the lines of the new VF Mii outfits they've added for Jacky and Akira, and Heihachi from Tekken. A Kas outfit for the girls would be easy to do. Hayabusa one for the guys.

And yeah, Tecmo working their magic on Zelda haha.

Xenoflare

Is the PS3 version really worth the $30?....

I mostly play fighting games on single player yet I feel the core fighter is a bit too barebones.

Eolz

Doa5 on sale -50% on steam, daily deal, no surprise.
Yes for above, really good single player content imo.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Doa5 on sale -50% on steam, daily deal, no surprise.
Yes for above, really good single player content imo.

Online comes out by the end of the month. Hurray!

KT should gift me the DLC for all the promo I give the games LOL.

Top Bottom