• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Demoskinos

His brother bopped him.

If Nintendo cna allow bit of boobies then misty can be in smash. If not, well fuck them anyway. Have you seen Zelda? :p

Didn't watch the end of it but not surprising. Seems that is how these DOA tourneys go it usually comes down to Sonic and his brother.

For the lazy:

Kasumi - Laegrinna
20150616_014205_zpspjvkh7gt.jpg

20150616_014228_zps1ukxgtfm.jpg

Ein - Zeno
20150616_014051_zpswbdb2fzs.jpg

20150616_014103_zpsqquslgjk.jpg

Brad Wong - Ernest Love
20150616_014324_zpstxpqx44h.jpg

20150616_014333_zpsjxgegqne.jpg

Kokoro - Kanata
20150616_014426_zpsnjotn1hg.jpg

20150616_014438_zpsgejcr1ar.jpg

Phase 4 - Celia
20150616_014524_zpszu7juuvl.jpg

20150616_014532_zps9vc02ngz.jpg

Helena - Reina
20150616_014621_zpstqqqois6.jpg

20150616_014630_zpsuasgsrgn.jpg

Raidou - Victor
20150616_014704_zpsozc6oftk.jpg

20150616_014715_zpsglnispiz.jpg

Honoka - Evelyn
20150616_014756_zpsncnb4dx4.jpg

20150616_014804_zpsom5qpazu.jpg

Marie Rose - Ephemera
20150616_014845_zpslpjklstg.jpg

20150616_014852_zpsnduydoxj.jpg

Hitomi - Alma
20150616_014929_zpsen8sz5vc.jpg

20150616_014937_zpszswzu6oq.jpg

Momiji - Allura
20150616_015018_zpsfmfefgol.jpg

20150616_015025_zpsoffkcboy.jpg

Lisa - Lyla
20150616_015114_zpssfuwehp8.jpg

20150616_015121_zps0oaz8xk9.jpg

Nyotengu - Velguirie
20150616_015204_zpszwwd1hzh.jpg

20150616_015211_zpsainpp3mr.jpg

Leifang - Telma
20150616_015301_zpsduh590uf.jpg

20150616_015308_zpswh0qdi3y.jpg

Rachel - Lady Freise
20150616_015342_zpsa976jwjh.jpg

20150616_015349_zpsfxdlckim.jpg

Ayane - Millennia
20150616_015426_zpss0debgyp.jpg

20150616_015433_zps72v760u5.jpg

Vade

Didn't watch the end of it but not surprising. Seems that is how these DOA tourneys go it usually comes down to Sonic and his brother.

Sweet Revenge, Lopedo, and E-Man are the other top players; Sweet had a massive tournament winning streak for awhile too.

Setsuna

Hold up! wheres the PC DLC this is the 2nd costume set we haven't gotten. Have we not given them enough money or something?

Demoskinos

Well shit. Guess this isn't in the Season Pass then? =\

Edit: Nevermind....it is... I forgot the stupid store makes you download all the individual costumes one by one.... ugh.

Edit: Deception costume pack trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25I_wdW9Q6k

Original post:
So, I finally got the full game, on Xbox One. I had 38 hours in the free version, which I downloaded a few days early thanks to that little trick someone around here posted. I already owned Ultimate, so I was waiting until I could get it cheaper. GameFly had it for $17.99 last week, so I jumped on it and ordered it. It just got here this morning.

I got the GameStop pre-order costumes from a friend back when the game came out, but I haven't been able to use them since they didn't work with the free version. Can't wait to finally use those.

Anyway, I got bored while waiting for the install to finish, so I took a picture of my of Dead or Alive games:

I got a free Kasumi figurine with my pre-order of Dead or Alive Ultimate, but I'm not sure where she is right now...

I also temporarily had some copies of both Xtreme games that my friends left me with, but they ended up taking them back and selling them. Oh, well. I always just felt like playing Beach Spikers instead, anyway.

I want to get the PlayStation version of the first Dead or Alive at some point. Maybe the Dreamcast version of 2 as well, but only if I can get it real cheap. When I get a Vita, I might get 5 Plus.

Hubb

Hold up! wheres the PC DLC this is the 2nd costume set we haven't gotten. Have we not given them enough money or something?

They do them in big bundles. Expect the last few DLC packs that consoles get to be packaged together. No idea why they do that, but it means I will not be buying any on PC till they are deeply discounted if at all.

Setsuna

Release costume set late and it doesn't even contain damage, Take image of a character on a stage that isn't even in the game, Release costume pack at a higher price than every other console

I'm done. Ill just be playing Momiji in the corner

Demoskinos

Thank you. I wonder why they don't add these packs to the PS3. I guess they just don't want my money.

I think I did see the PS3 versions of these up in the store. FYI it does work the other way if you buy PS3 stuff you get the PS4 stuff (at least I'm pretty sure) I know it did at least with a lot of the original DLC.

Stanng243

I think I did see the PS3 versions of these up in the store. FYI it does work the other way if you buy PS3 stuff you get the PS4 stuff (at least I'm pretty sure) I know it did at least with a lot of the original DLC.

Not on the US store that I can find. The Season pass and ultimate content set only appear for the PS4. I'd consider getting both if they were crossbuy. Not picking up on the PS4, as the costumes aren't backwards compatible.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Given the prices and them not deep-discounting on Steam to where the DLC doesn't cost as much as the base game: They can keep it. Until they learn that some people want the damn things to be $2-10 dollars a pack, I'm not buying.

Demoskinos

Pejo

So I just picked up LR on PC during the Steam Sale. I went to look for some kind of season pass on DLC, and saw what is, quite possibly, the most expensive DLC i've ever seen in my life. 64 dollars for some (not all) of the costumes and some sort of movie? What the hell are they smoking?

The game itself is great though. I'm finding myself returning to Brad, my old favorite, but I really really enjoy using Momoji. I still haven't tried all the characters out yet, just been dabbling in practice mode.

Demoskinos

So I just picked up LR on PC during the Steam Sale. I went to look for some kind of season pass on DLC, and saw what is, quite possibly, the most expensive DLC i've ever seen in my life. 64 dollars for some (not all) of the costumes and some sort of movie? What the hell are they smoking?

The game itself is great though. I'm finding myself returning to Brad, my old favorite, but I really really enjoy using Momoji. I still haven't tried all the characters out yet, just been dabbling in practice mode.

The DLC situation on the PC is troubling. On consoles at least you're able to buy individual costumes. They should really add individual costumes. The bundles are fine for crazy people like myself who have literally bought every costume but not everyone is that nuts to do that.

Shin, you have severe issues if you can't just copy and paste the URL lol

Anyway, my headset's been Sony Europe'd, so can't do any chatting till I get a new one. Our new broadband also didn't get installed on time due to some cock-up too, so Marie Rose clearly at work again there. She gets around, I'll give her that.

Eolz

Alright, bought DOA on PC. Hope it runs well on my laptop, will do until I get a PS4.
First time I'll play in a while.

I have been playing around with colors for Tina. Texturing is fun, but I hope one day we can import our own 3D models. I was at least happy that I could get rid of Tinas stomach mesh and arm and leg feathers.

bt7o5b1h4NV38wUfLbUUMGCwiQZm-8giJRAcaQqaLdQ=w446-h842-no

V8m9OxgzbMJSDkbReYaksNDWzGBWzq-I2Hi5EkAETXM=w600-h339-no

onimonkii

Banned
Not on the US store that I can find. The Season pass and ultimate content set only appear for the PS4. I'd consider getting both if they were crossbuy. Not picking up on the PS4, as the costumes aren't backwards compatible.

it's my understanding this is done because they can't guarantee that they can get all the new costumes they want to on the last gen consoles

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq.html said:
Q5: Can you tell me about post-launch DLC for the PS3™ and Xbox 360 versions of the game, as well as any patch or update plans?

A5: We are approaching the limit of additional downloadable content we can provide for the PS3™ and Xbox 360 versions of the game due to hardware constraints. There is a possibility that you will be unable to download new DLC or patches and title updates for the game on those platforms.
We are currently looking into the problem, and will issue a notification as soon as we have more information.
Moreover, any previously released DLC, as well as preorder costume packs for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round can be used.
The PS4™, Xbox One and Steam versions of the game do not have this particular issue.

TheSeks

You can play now. From beta to official on the 30th. The game seems to work better than consoles as you get quicker into fights.

I dunno about that. It took me a while to find some people. Throwdown enabled leaderboards seem to take a few seconds/minutes to upload while freezing your menu. I thought the game crashed until I noticed the blinking "searching" for throwdown indicator.

Only ranked mode is a bit disappointing. I'll probably do my 100 matches played and then never touch online again because blech Ranked mode.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I dunno about that. It took me a while to find some people. Throwdown enabled leaderboards seem to take a few seconds/minutes to upload while freezing your menu. I thought the game crashed until I noticed the blinking "searching" for throwdown indicator.

Only ranked mode is a bit disappointing. I'll probably do my 100 matches played and then never touch online again because blech Ranked mode.
They will add other things later from what it seems. I did get a few crashes but the actual matches ran mostly fine.

Tried out the Steam Beta online and even with my crappy internet on wireless playing those in the 'Nearby' region worked well. 'Any' was too much though, way laggy. Waiting could get long too.

Could be better and only Ranked kinda sucks, but it was okay. No crashes or anything either. Then again it was only a handful of matches.

And even though I hadn't been using her much since I got the PC version, I gravitated back to Tina who I mained back when DOA 5 first came out. Felt good too, which makes it harder to change to someone else like I wanted to do.

Kumubou

I would assume that a lot of the issues with the beta finding players is due to a smaller playerbase because it's a private beta (even if the opt-in is very easy). There's only about 150 people playing online, and who knows how many of them even have the beta and are seeking games online.

I'm downloading it now; let's see how much of a shitshow this ends up being.

shockdude

Started my first-ever online DOA5 match on PC. Haven't played in forever, fighting a Marie Rose, and I'm spamming buttons with Rig. I'm doing decently though, and the connection seems alright.
The game crashed when I tried to do a throw. Welp.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Started my first-ever online DOA5 match on PC. Haven't played in forever, fighting a Marie Rose, and I'm spamming buttons with Rig. I'm doing decently though, and the connection seems alright.
The game crashed when I tried to do a throw. Welp.

Play the game offline first and then do online. Somehow that helped me when that stuff started happening.

shockdude

Play the game offline first and then do online. Somehow that helped me when that stuff started happening.
Thanks for the tip. Went through Rig's command training, then jumped back online and connected to the same Marie Rose player. I won 3-1.
Both of us were approximately the same skill level (e.g. can do basic holds & chains and not much else), which made for a good fight.

onimonkii

Banned
the only crash i've seen is when i have throwdowns on and it finds one, i haven't been able to get into one yet it just crashes to desktop

TheSeks

I just want to finish the 6-7 Throwdowns so I can sit at a black screen staring at a rotating wheel for minutes, guys. Steam community, please. Get the patch and get on. D:

Top Bottom