• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PC version is so dead. And facing a bunch of 20+ win people. *sigh*

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
PC version is so dead. And facing a bunch of 20+ win people. *sigh*

I gotta wait a bit to play it cause my laptop screen needs to be replaced but I will be going in later. Shouldnt be a surprised the PC version being dead with such delay and such half assed online mode only being Ranked and nothing else atm.

I tried online for the first time. I got 3 different opponents (searching "near") and one of them was reasonably playable. My internet sucks though, so it could have been on my end. I think all those guys were up in Asia anyway. I wasnt expecting to find any Aussies. Hopefully my search results will be better, once the official online launches.
I also tried giving Honaka a Hooters outfit.

L5Vf4-1UYWpObrhehZQrDtceKk-w86m8Ikaan3Fe5ns=w550-h640-no

If anyone knows why the normal map for this outfit reads and previews as 512 x 512, but then "magically" turns into (and only exports as) a 512 x 1024 file when I open it in Photoshop, I would love to know.

onimonkii

Banned
problems with the beta on steam pushing the release back, no date yet but the beta will remain available

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_steam1.03_beta_i.html said:
Notice Regarding the Update for Online Functionality for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam

To our valued customers,

We are currently beta testing the update to add online functionality to DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round on Steam. We originally announced that we would release the update by the end of June 2015. However, due to major issues found during the beta test, we will be postponing the release of the update.

We apologize for the last minute notification and regret deeply the trouble we have caused our Steam customers who were looking forward to the online functionality. We will update the website with a new release date as soon as it is set.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

We will continue to offer the beta version. However, for users who have experienced issues which made the beta version unplayable, we ask that you revert back to the offline version to continue playing the game.

ShinMaruku

That guy is off on so many things and that one video was kinda very strange. Also when he forgets the fact that the under aged characters are now all above 18.
It was Ayane who was 16 and was 14 in Ninja Gaiden but another story.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey, I like heavy makeup :D
Maybe we will get some kind of compensation for the official online patch delay? If not a free costume pack, just a sale would be nice.

lol "Sale" their idea of sale is making you buy the Steam stuff for $30 a pop.

No thx. I'll take them giving us all a season pass/all outfits. At least then it'd be worth the half-year wait.

Any great DLC sales probably are a bit of a long shot.
Speaking of DLC, the pre-order costumes are for sale on Steam now... 25 USD for 12 outfits :'( I really screwed up by not pre-ordering. Still, Im not not paying that much for them.
I really want the Kokoro one too...

ss_bab6b495863a72451fa90b9d426f137e4e242889.600x338.jpg

Eolz

Really nice that the preorder costumes are out on PC too. Ninja 2015 still have some of my favorite costumes.

Also, sort of DOA related, Ayane
aka best girl
figurine coming "soon":
CJAUl2pWUAAL7hr.jpg

Really nice that the preorder costumes are out on PC too. Ninja 2015 still have some of my favorite costumes.

Also, sort of DOA related, Ayane
aka best girl
figurine coming "soon":
CJAUl2pWUAAL7hr.jpg

:eek:

Please don't be expensive, please don't be expensive...

I'll likely buy it anyway

Eolz

New mic on its way from USA. Hopefully it gets here for Saturday and I can try be on for a lobby that night.

No mics in the UK?
Also, damn, I miss playing with the usual group on PS4. Playing the PC version just reminded me that Soft Engine really has better lighting.

No mics in the UK?
Also, damn, I miss playing with the usual group on PS4. Playing the PC version just reminded me that Soft Engine really has better lighting.

I bought some expensive headphones instead of a headset, and someone recommended a really good mic to go with it, but I can't find any stores that sell it here, so I went with ordering from the US. Hopefully it's good lol.

Hadoukie

I like that outfit on her, shows off her sexy curves very nicely. The mask is cool too.

Not a good choice to spend that much money on a pre-order though

Eolz

As a surprise to no one, there is a costume pass number two that will come out on the 21st of July. Looks like a new superhero set as one of them. Or maybe not since Honoka has one already. In the pic she's wearing a gimp suit or something lol

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/620820053840125952

Not surprising for the season pass and the lazy reskin for the first pack yeah. Still pretty good!
fake edit: Seems like Honoka is a season pass exclusive (like angelic marie before), so she might be the only real reskin.

Pass exclusive? Damn, I might have dipped on this costume on its own lol. I cannot get over it XD Dem milk tanks man.

I am free Sat, so I can probs do a Friday night lobby.

Top Bottom