• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Timu

Not surprising for the season pass and the lazy reskin for the first pack yeah. Still pretty good!
fake edit: Seems like Honoka is a season pass exclusive (like angelic marie before), so she might be the only real reskin.
You're shitting me right?

Eolz

Tecmo bleeding fans so hard on this DLC and I am here just waiting for PC online that is not a beta...

Speaking of PC and DLC, already said several times, but it's pretty sad and even idiotic for them to make double/triple DLC packs only on PC. I can understand the lack of individual costume DLC, but we can't even buy a single pack!
Don't like this other pack? Too bad, it's bundled with the one you want, making this even more expensive...
Won't buy any unless there's a big sale, despite being interested by some of those.

I just found out that you can do costume swap mods etc with a non-cracked .exe, as long as you have legit DLC installed (except for the bikini mega-pack).
I have never used the best mods before (because the cracked .exe wont let you play online... and its kinda dodgy) and I didnt want to pay full price for DLC either, but to use those "proper" mods, I think it will be worth it.
I was going to buy the bikini pack, until I heard the costume mod tool wouldnt work with it. Now I think I will buy the pre-order pack. Its the cheapest one, has some nice outfits and was the DLC pack the guy used in his tutorial. Its extra frustrating having to spend 25 USD on outfits I would have gotten for free, if I had enough confidence in TN to pre-order the game :'(

Vade

Loved the play from crazy with Sarah and Jacky. Kwiggles is just a beast on Christie whether or not he wants to play her.

onimonkii

Banned
Can you invite people to matches or anything? Seems to take a while to find someone, though I guess Sunday morning on Evo weekend isn't the best time to look for players online.

not really, but as you said, there's so few people playing you can kinda just search at the same time as a friend and have a better than average chance of getting matched up

Nori Chan

New set is up on XBOX One. It's called Tamiki Wakaki. And it's destructible too. $3 for a single costume.

15 costumes for the usual girls. No Sarah or Pai. Idk if they're part of the second pass, but I'm sure they are. The second costume pass isn't up yet

Edit: Ayane isn't up, but she's in the pics

Seems to be some sort of price error for the complete bundle. Showing as $2.99 on Xbox atm:

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...kaki-Set/86f4ed74-965d-438b-9f5e-a0517c0e390d

Might as well grab it if you have the Xbox version.

ShinMaruku

My plus has lasped due to my own silliness. But when it's back we gonna be doing the gaf lobby thing again. And also tutorials and guides will be done. Let me know which characters you'd like to see and I can try to get some things going.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Either way, they're pretty ugly.

Overstatement a bit. I don't think they're bad, but there's some questionable clothing choices (Ayane's "straps" for the chest look bad in the render when it looked okay in the drawing. Seems like Ayane's ... uh... "bust" would just burst (heh) out of the clothes if there was like only ... a half inch(?) of cloth attaching that to the rest of the shoulder.

Momiji and Helen's outfits wouldn't be bad if they removed the "future"/sci-fi stuff.

Marie Rose's and Christie's (only because it's another barely-any-clothes-for-Christie) outfit are probably the worst. The others are tolerable to--dare I say--"good."

lol Right as I'm making this post Ayane's outfit is shown post destruction
lol not getting that on PC lol
where only the left "strap" remains. Hahahahaha.

In any case, no Steam logo = no PC version = not surprised. Steam's costume prices are too expensive, they don't have the same functionality as the PS420 version (given it's based on PS3/Arcade) and so most people probably still wouldn't buy them. Oh well~

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Are those costumes from the fan costume competition or something?

Either way, they're pretty ugly.

I like some of them. Anyway, they're designed by The World God Only Knows creator Tamiki Wakaki.

If they're not going to add more to the game play, I wish that they would at least start adding more stages to fight in every now and then, on top of all of these outfits.

Lyte Edge

Well, I'm officially even more insane. Just bought the season pass for the second set of costumes. I always buy the packs anyway; might as well save a little bit of cash.

Lyte Edge

How much is the pass?

$92.

dead.png

I'm a sucker for this crap. I pre-ordered the limited edition of Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi just so I could get all the ridiculously-priced DLC costumes in one package for that game, too. Makes Tecmo's pricing look decent. It's like 1800 yen for four costumes. But I had to get those Biohazard and Street Fighter outfits. T_T

That said, I will not buy the DLC costumes for DOA5U PC. If they were to break them up into a la cart costumes, I might get a few, but no way am I spending all that cash again. Even I'm not that crazy.

mpgeist

Well, I'm officially even more insane. Just bought the season pass for the second set of costumes. I always buy the packs anyway; might as well save a little bit of cash.

I bought it too. :( At least it's more costumes than the other season pass. I think.

I like the shoes and the other space-age stuff in the new costumes. Im not so keen on the cutesy dresses and stuff.
Im having fun cannibalizing outfits on the PC. Helena has those great thigh-high black boots (from the blue outfit, no laces) that I gave to Lisa. She looks hot. I think I will start mixing stuff for Tina next.

A number of them look good to me. Bundle is now showing the correct price, was anyone actually able to buy it for 2.99?

I was. Had to keep on trying too.

My first costumes with the destruction.... Only played Lisa in Survival. It was weird because I was just playing and winning and half the costume just disappeared. I was thinking it was at least gonna be like Soul Calibur.

Stanng243

I don't understand why they don't put the season pass and ultimate content items on the ps3. All the content is there, but I don't have the option to buy the bundle.

Hubb

I was. Had to keep on trying too.

My first costumes with the destruction.... Only played Lisa in Survival. It was weird because I was just playing and winning and half the costume just disappeared. I was thinking it was at least gonna be like Soul Calibur.

Winning doesn't necessarily matter. If they burst you it could cause your costume to destruct, and I'm sure there is some combo threshold where it'll do the same.

Probably been said before but man I wish they made a feature equal Last Round/Core Fighters for Vita with all the DLC carrying over too.

Anyone know how well the original DoA5+ did for them? It's one of the best looking games on the system imo.

Hubb

Probably been said before but man I wish they made a feature equal Last Round/Core Fighters for Vita with all the DLC carrying over too.

Anyone know how well the original DoA5+ did for them? It's one of the best looking games on the system imo.

They dropped any support of DoA5+ pretty quickly so I doubt it did gangbusters for them.

Eolz

In the next decade? Very high.
During this gen? Eh, wait and see. If they really stay on their word that it'll take some time, it'll probably be cross-gen (basically as if 5 released directly at Last Round), and without extensions (F2P/SFV model).

Hubb

Are they going to put more than 1 costume set a month out? Or have they released a time table like the old season pass.

Also, hashtag is now at #LetsGoD
OAX3

If only. And with Project Morpheus support...

What are the chances of a Dead or Alive 6 coming out in the next decade or so?

It feels weird to say, but it has only been 3 years since DOA5 first released. And what with Last Round just out and all the DLC, I don't think it'll be anytime soon. I'd be happy with something around 2017/2018. And since TN are working on FF Dissidia, it may be that long.

Hubb

One set a month. It's on the site in the DLC section. No specific dates though.

Thanks, just took a look at the section. Too bad that didn't list the title of the packs, I seem to remember some of the DLC on the first season pass was labeled before its release. Oh well, bring on the DLC worst thing that happens is I don't buy any.

Top Bottom