• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

They did mention DOAX3. I'm hoping either gamecom although that's a another Koei property, or tgs or psx for a real reveal. I hope the new character is a clone of Ayane so there can be 5 characters with the same face :p

Thought they woulda shown some DOAX3 at least. Or a teaser shot of the new char.

Still hoping Ryo Hazuki gets in either this game or the next, especially with Shenmue 3 happening now.

ShinMaruku

Oh they are taking their time. This game is gonna print them money like doa5 never could :p

Also take the slow down of dlc announcements as a sign they are on DOAX3.

ShinMaruku

It's coming. They don't have confirmation from Sony US and Marie's employer. That's why they are saying 'exclusively'.
Regardless if I do or don't get Plus today will be streaming and having a discussion about this stuff so if ya wanna be in on the discussion be there for my stream. :)

I am happy we're getting a DOAX3, but at the same time sad that work on the game has only just started. The call for DOAX3 (a good one) has been there since DOA5 released (I remember someone asking one of the producers on stream about it and he was like all surprised there was demand). Now I know the wait will be long.

Not too sure how to feel about a new character in DOA5LR though. Sure, it'll liven things up, but I feel that most of the newer characters aren't as in-depth as the originals and that is a shame. I also feel like they'll be setting people up for disappointment come DOA6 as I doubt everyone will return.

Maybe the new character will tie in to X3 and be someone like Niki or Rio.

New characters for 5LR is good - it keeps the scene going - I'm just surprised it's taking them till next Spring to get it out. Thought they'd do one for around Halloween and then perhaps another one for Spring.

Their newest characters have been hit and mix, I think. Marie's playstyle is good, as is Momiji. Honoka is amusing, but the cloned moves do seem a bit lazy, and Raidou is "meh" to me. Phase 4 is of course another Kas clone, which does initially come off as boring again, but she does have fun moves much different to Kas. Still think Mila is one of their best 'new' characters, if we're gonna go as far back as the new ones they brought in with DOA5 vanilla.

Just needs another completely fresh, original character with unique moveset again.

Mila was an awesome addition! I've only played as Rachel and Nyotengu for 'new' characters (I went from vanilla 5 to LR), and while they are really cool and work well in the game, their movesets seem way more limited. Marie does at least look super cool in action while Honoka has mostly been my training punching bag.

You know what, I wouldn't care as much if TN added new story DLC. I love the cheesy story, and the new characters deserve that cheesy spotlight.

Demoskinos

Not worried. It would be nice to get a localized version but the first two games weren't extremely text heavy. And the mini-games were all simple enough that you could have just figured them out by yourself.

Eolz

I'm happy with every new character in terms of design/personality, and like them all in terms of moveset/playstyle, despite thinking Phase 4 and Honoka were pretty lazy.
Lots of people are talking about Mila as a great new addition, but let's not forget about Rig. Really different from the others.

KageZero

Don't know is this the right place but i just discovered that there is an beta online beta for the pc version but when i try to play it searches opponents forever and if i select all around the world the game crashes. Anyone has any idea what is going on? I set the range from lowest rank to the highest still nothing

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't know is this the right place but i just discovered that there is an beta online beta for the pc version but when i try to play it searches opponents forever and if i select all around the world the game crashes. Anyone has any idea what is going on? I set the range from lowest rank to the highest still nothing

Online is a mess. Try doing a match offline first without throwdown settings on and then try playing online. There is not a lot of players either.

New future costumes?

CLY84E7UYAAUg9K.jpg:large

Eolz

New future costumes?

CLY84E7UYAAUg9K.jpg:large

Yes.
From the stream thread, for anyone that missed it:
CLT363YUwAA5CGN.jpg:orig

Cool pic seen on twitter with all the announcements together.
Order of release is top left > bottom left > 2nd top left > etc

edit: so voted costumes for halloween, nothing announced for december (something like santa and reindeers before I guess), and tatsunoko sometimes in early 2016

Hubb

Looking forward to the Falcom costumes. Not sure how they'll translate or who will get what, but I am interested in seeing what they do.

Demoskinos

Was the new character confirmed to be female? I know it's likely a female, but it'd be nice to have some more dudes too.

Actually, I agree I wouldn't be opposed to actually having a male character I want to play. The entirety of the male cast as is I have no interest in playing as.

ShinMaruku

Ok starting this month we shall have bi weekly mini tourneys run in tourney mod on PSN. Let me know if you are good for those events. Gonna be archiving them and have some help from FSD and Tecmo with exposure.

Eolz

Ok starting this month we shall have bi weekly mini tourneys run in tourney mod on PSN. Let me know if you are good for those events. Gonna be archiving them and have some help from FSD and Tecmo with exposure.

Might have a PS4 again next month, so should be able to play again with you guys

Stanng243

So I emailed Team Ninja, and they told me they have no plans to add the Season pass 1 or Ultimate content set to the PS3. This makes no sense to me. The content is already there, just not the bundle prices. I'd gladly buy both of these on the PS3. As it is, I'll wait for a sale of the individual items. Although I haven't seen an actual sale for any content in a long time.

That is hands down, the worst swimsuit set yet. Way too many ugly bare feet and covered up bodies. Bleh!
That stage though is awesome. I Really want that. I guess there is zero chance of it coming to Steam though, considering we dont even have the other two that were added to the console versions of LR :'(

Hubb

Do we know if the stage will be free? I refuse to buy any more dlc until they put the packages on the PS3. All the content is already there, I just want the price.

According to their site it says it will be released alongside patch 1.04. That phrasing/no mention of DLC makes it look like it is free. I'm not sure this is coming to PS3 though.

Stanng243

According to their site it says it will be released alongside patch 1.04. That phrasing/no mention of DLC makes it look like it is free. I'm not sure this is coming to PS3 though.

I have PS3/PS4. I want the dlc on both systems, and buying on the PS4 doesn't give it to you on the PS3. I already have multiple costume sets from the PS4 ultimate content bundle, but the ones I don't have are still over the price of the bundle. I just don't understand why they won't put the bundle on PS3 to generate revenue.

Hubb

I have PS3/PS4. I want the dlc on both systems, and buying on the PS4 doesn't give it to you on the PS3. I already have multiple costume sets from the PS4 ultimate content bundle, but the ones I don't have are still over the price of the bundle. I just don't understand why they won't put the bundle on PS3 to generate revenue.

Oh I get that, I was just talking about the stage. I am not sure it is coming to the PS3. I haven't bought much of any DLC since LR came out so I didn't even know that PS4 -> PS3 didn't work. I imagine it is a hardware thing since you can still go from PS3->PS4.

Might be RAM limitaton on PS3. They should have just ditched the PS3 version for Last Round to be honest.

They should have, but there is no way in hell they were going to.

ShinMaruku

I get the feeling this new stage is testing for DOAX3. SO you guys worried about Asia only don't fret. This shit sells like the others then they will be like "Oh we have unprecidented support for doax3, we got you.

Hubb

I get the feeling this new stage is testing for DOAX3. SO you guys worried about Asia only don't fret. This shit sells like the others then they will be like "Oh we have unprecidented support for doax3, we got you.

So you are saying I should buy the 2nd season pass?
Not happening

Eolz

Love the new stage (that is probably in DOAX3), and love the costumes as well :)
They remind me of Pai's Ultimate swimsuit, it's really good looking on them and pretty classy at the same time. Love it

Top Bottom