• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

I get the feeling this new stage is testing for DOAX3. SO you guys worried about Asia only don't fret. This shit sells like the others then they will be like "Oh we have unprecidented support for doax3, we got you.

I guess X3 won't be coming out on Steam... huehue

ShinMaruku

Is there patch notes?
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_ver.1.04.html
Momiji got buffed and this is glorius.

Was there any changes for Brad, Jacky or Akira?
Jack- (Back-turned) PP6PP: Matched behavior on hit with 6PP.
(Back-turned) PP6PPP: Matched behavior on hit with 6PPP.
3P+K: Changed damage from 18 to 24.
On 3P+K hit, T: Changed damage from 40 to 45.
On 33K hit during Slide Shuffle, T: Changed damage from 43 to 50.

Brad got jack shit.

Akira-Fixed bugs.
Back-turned P+K: Fixed an issue which caused Critical when this move hit on a crouching opponent, and changed it to cause down status.

Kuksune

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_ver.1.04.html
Momiji got buffed and this is glorius.

Jack- (Back-turned) PP6PP: Matched behavior on hit with 6PP.
(Back-turned) PP6PPP: Matched behavior on hit with 6PPP.
3P+K: Changed damage from 18 to 24.
On 3P+K hit, T: Changed damage from 40 to 45.
On 33K hit during Slide Shuffle, T: Changed damage from 43 to 50.

Brad got jack shit.

Akira-Fixed bugs.
Back-turned P+K: Fixed an issue which caused Critical when this move hit on a crouching opponent, and changed it to cause down status.

Eolz

Nice balance patch. Not as big as I expected (apart from Honoka/momiji/genfu) and surprised by the lack of any Christie changes.
Is it really the big balance patch they talked about on stream?

Griss

Yep, it's up. Always nice to get a new free stage, and to be honest it was ludicrous having only one beach stage with all the swimwear in this game. Even more ludicrous that vanilla launched with none!

Some pics:
The stage itself is small and cramped, but I like it.

Fireworks are nice in 1080p:

Hitomi celebrating the announcement of DoAX3:

The new black and white mode; unfortunately only works in 'photo-mode' which means you'll always have the watermark. Better to do it yourself in a program afterwards. Notice the beach valley ball net... DoAX3 minigame incoming.

Please bring the stages to PC, Team Ninja. I will pay for them. I dont care if it means I cant pick them when fighting online (cause the other guy doesnt own the stage DLC).

m0t0k1

Saw the trailer got hype. Now see its not on ps3 okay....... It was to be expected though but i really like the look of the stage.

Demoskinos

New costumes look cool but only way I'd ever buy em' is buyign the season pass and I really don't feel like paying nearly $100 for costumes for a game I don't play anymore. :p

Hubb

Sounds like the only remedy to that is starting to play again. I'm going to try to play a little bit every night to get back into it. Not going to buy the season pass, but I'll play.

Demoskinos

Sounds like the only remedy to that is starting to play again. I'm going to try to play a little bit every night to get back into it. Not going to buy the season pass, but I'll play.

Eh, too close to Metal Gear V time. Filling the gap in between with Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess. After the 1st though its all Metal Gear all the goddamn time.

Hubb

Eh, too close to Metal Gear V time. Filling the gap in between with Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess. After the 1st though its all Metal Gear all the goddamn time.

Guess I never jumped MGS train so I can live on in blissful ignorance. More than likely I'll buy the collection at a really low price and then get 5 at a similar price.

Sakura

I've been playing against bots these past few days, but they keep kicking my ass. I'd like to get online but my internet is too shitty right now.
I think the most difficulty I have is countering attacks. I have a hard time telling sometimes what is a high or low attack.

Demoskinos

Guess I never jumped MGS train so I can live on in blissful ignorance. More than likely I'll buy the collection at a really low price and then get 5 at a similar price.

The first game is one of my favorites of all time. So I'm a pretty big fan. :)

Hubb

I've been playing against bots these past few days, but they keep kicking my ass. I'd like to get online but my internet is too shitty right now.
I think the most difficulty I have is countering attacks. I have a hard time telling sometimes what is a high or low attack.

Unless it is a really obvious high/low or it is something they keep doing over and over again, I just block. Mids are usually easier for me to read and safer for me to counter.

Hubb

I love the hat. Only thing that would make it better is if she could throw it like Kung Lau.

I just have an issue with helmets/hats in games, can't stand most of them. Unless it is something that is built into the character/concept art (pokemon trainers are the first thing that springs to my mind), I remove it if I have the option.

Just spent about an hour in training for the first time in a long time. My fingers have no idea what they are doing anymore. I am surprised how quickly most my combos came back to me.

Yeah it is. Mila's theme is cool, and they redeemed themselves with the WO3 remixes and DOA1/2/3 tunes, but the original DOA5 OST is pretty bland.

Honoka's always reminds me of Christmas lol. It's got that festive part to it at the beginning.

Lisa's is up there - love the beats. Can't beat Mila's Rocky montage theme lol.

Just wish they'd add the trance remixes from DOA Ultimate now.

Hubb

Is that Honoka's English VA?

Edit: The answer appears to be yes.

Edit 2: If that is Marie's VA than she is more photoshop than human.

So, guys. Are we hyped or are we fucking hyped?

DoAX3-PS4-PSV-Ann_001.jpg

I figure we should bring it up in here. Here's some deets from Gematsu:

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will only be sold in the Asia region, including Japan. If demand calls for it, they may release a version of the game adjusted for North America (and presumably Europe, but the text just says North America).
Adjustments are being made to the powered up “Soft Engine 2.0.”
The PS Vita version will use the customized “Soft Engine Lite.” There will be elements that incorporate the touch panel and gyro sensor.
Spending time with your favorite characters has become richer than past entries in the series. They’re thinking about various reward elements for players who devote themselves to the use of one character.
There’s a camera mode.
Suntans have been considerably powered up.
Not every female character will be in the game.
On August 20, Koei Tecmo will release custom themes featuring 15 heroines, and the top 9 characters downloaded will be included in the game.
There are no plans to release character downloadable content.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/08/dead-ali...e-west-demand-high-enough#QyR5vYAhAdDKu4Vw.99

ShinMaruku

There are some translation issues. They said nothing about dlc.
I already have elaborated about the 'no westenr version' speculations already. I will let the nutters in those two topics overeact and play into Hayashi's hands.

Top Bottom