• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hubb

Wait, is that Honoka's english voice actress or the japanese one?

That is the English VA.

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Kira_Buckland

As for DOAX "not every character will be in". No shit, If they have every character in at launch how are they going to sell some as DLC? They are going to ride that DLC train with characters, outfits, stupid shit, accessories, and whatever else they can think of. I don't believe a word they say about no dlc.

Eolz

That is the English VA.

As for DOAX "not every character will be in". No shit, If they have every character in at launch how are they going to sell some as DLC? They are going to ride that DLC train with characters, outfits, stupid shit, accessories, and whatever else they can think of. I don't believe a word they say about no dlc.

Thanks for the info!
I actually don't mind if the other characters are DLC, I just want a confirmation they'll be there (which isn't the case for now).

What are these custom themes that will determine which characters get in the base game?

From another thread
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...THEMESANDWALLS|platform~ps4|release_date~desc
Basically the promo pics of the latest DLC

ShinMaruku

That is the English VA.

Exactly. The no DLC is a mistranslation anyway.

I am hyped, but perhaps reservedly. I want the graphics upped from DOA5LR. Doesn't have to be great, but it should be noticeably better. I'd still get it if it was just passable, but would be slightly disappointed.

I'd also love it if the sports/fun gameplay stuff actually worked well.

On August 20, Koei Tecmo will release custom themes featuring 15 heroines, and the top 9 characters downloaded will be included in the game.

I'd be disappointed though if not everyone was included (sans VF girls maybe), although the wording of that line doesn't limit it to 9, just that the top 9 are guaranteed in.

Still, I wanted DOAX3, and we are getting it, so overall hype is real.

Eolz

Paging Demos to get that sweet Rachel theme.

For the graphics, I'm at least hopeful for the textures and some better filters, especially since there's no PS3 version.
Lighting is already a great improvement in PS4 LR.

Hubb

Buy the Marie Rose theme guys lol

I wouldn't waste money on any of those themes. You can screen cap any pictures you want and make a better theme yourself.

Does anyone know if the music is the same on everyone of those themes? Would be the only positive to buying one.

Andy House got you.
andy-house.jpg

Yes, I am looking forward to the graphics. Will hopefully see some good shapeshifting sand, unlike DOA5. Even DOA3 had that in the snow level.

4v4 beach soccer would be awesome as a side game.

ShinMaruku

andy-house.jpg

Yes, I am looking forward to the graphics. Will hopefully see some good shapeshifting sand, unlike DOA5. Even DOA3 had that in the snow level.

4v4 beach soccer would be awesome as a side game.

4v4 Beach football is all I ask for as an extra. Add that I'll never play the volleyball. The races and ass battle however I will.
Must do ass battle with Lady Kstoute.

Footie would be hella good.

I'm not sure Nyotengu will be in tbh. Just the whole wings thing she's got going on, and being a Tengu thing and that. Dunno if they'd include her. I guess as DLC if fans demand her.

ShinMaruku

Footie would be hella good.

I'm not sure Nyotengu will be in tbh. Just the whole wings thing she's got going on, and being a Tengu thing and that. Dunno if they'd include her. I guess as DLC if fans demand her.

She's massively popular and she is perfect for the fanservice and like Ayane and Momiji she's Hayashi's fave.

Demoskinos

Whatever this "adjusted" version means i care not. I'll be importing it anyway. Can't imagine the game will be THAT hard to play in Japanese.

Eolz

Whatever this "adjusted" version means i care not. I'll be importing it anyway. Can't imagine the game will be THAT hard to play in Japanese.

It's not, probably will have a guide if needed, and will also probably in english (like DOA5LR JP and many other games, mainly thanks to Hong-Kong players).

It's not, probably will have a guide if needed, and will also probably in english (like DOA5LR JP and many other games, mainly thanks to Hong-Kong players).

Do they add English voices too, though? I might be tempted to import if we get an inferior version, but English voices would be good. But I doubt they'd patch Eng VA in to the JP version if we get our version months later.

Speaking of VAs, does anyone have translations for the taunts and stuff that the JP VAs say? Like, when Marie does her crouching taunt and says, "Aren't you gonna get up?" is that also what she's saying in Japanese?

I realise they must not be very accurate when I remember the "baka" feet stomp Marie does, which pretty much means "idiot," whereas she says "I hate you" in English.

Eolz

Do they add English voices too, though? I might be tempted to import if we get an inferior version, but English voices would be good. But I doubt they'd patch Eng VA in to the JP version if we get our version months later.

Well, when I played with you, my edition of DOA5LR was exactly the same, bar the japanese PS store (for DLC you need a japanese account), and O/X reversed for the menus (and nothing else). Apart from that, content, voices, text, etc was the same than the western version.

edit: I don't know if you'll find some scans, and I don't have it with me currently, but you can find every text/taunt/dialogue written in japanese and english at the end of one of the japanese guide books. I think there's just slight differences for some taunts (puns/localization), but I think it's overall the same meaning.

Well, when I played with you, my edition of DOA5LR was exactly the same, bar the japanese PS store (for DLC you need a japanese account), and O/X reversed for the menus (and nothing else). Apart from that, content, voices, text, etc was the same than the western version.

Yeah, it's just if they release the JP version and then the Western version doesn't come until maybe 6-12 months later, would they have already added Eng VAs to the JP one at release, or would it be patched in once the Western version comes out? DOA5 is a bit of a different matter, since it was always coming here, and at roughly the same time.

edit: I don't know if you'll find some scans, and I don't have it with me currently, but you can find every text/taunt/dialogue written in japanese and english at the end of one of the japanese guide books. I think there's just slight differences for some taunts (puns/localization), but I think it's overall the same meaning.

Cool. I need to find this.

Hubb

Speaking of VAs, does anyone have translations for the taunts and stuff that the JP VAs say? Like, when Marie does her crouching taunt and says, "Aren't you gonna get up?" is that also what she's saying in Japanese?

I realise they must not be very accurate when I remember the "baka" feet stomp Marie does, which pretty much means "idiot," whereas she says "I hate you" in English.

She also says "die" on one of her stomps. I play with English VAs on so I'm not sure what they say, or that I'd understand enough to translate it well anyway.

Eolz

Marie is Helena's maid bodyguard (typical anime trope), but yeah, they teased something else. I doubt she's with Donovan though. Would be fun if there was finally some kind of third party (apart from Donovan vs ninjas and some neutrals on the side).

Yeah, it's just if they release the JP version and then the Western version doesn't come until maybe 6-12 months later, would they have already added Eng VAs to the JP one at release, or would it be patched in once the Western version comes out? DOA5 is a bit of a different matter, since it was always coming here, and at roughly the same time.

Cool. I need to find this.

Well, they specifically said "asian market" and not japanese only. This usually means something for Hong-Kong and they nearly always have an english language option.
So even if the JP one has only JP text, they could perfectly release it localized for HK and nowhere else if they wanted (some other devs/pubs did that in the past).

I do hope they actually flesh out her backstory more in Dead or Alive 6. She seems to have some sort of connection to Helena but I'm not sure what.

My theory is she is working to take down or take over DOATEC from the inside, as if she has plans of her own, or is working for someone else. Sweet and innocent to your face, but a fucking psycho killer once she gets you in a room on your own.

Well, they specifically said "asian market" and not japanese only. This usually means something for Hong-Kong and they nearly always have an english language option.
So even if the JP one has only JP text, they could perfectly release it localized for HK and nowhere else if they wanted (some other devs/pubs did that in the past).

So English voices in the HK edition is possible? I hope so.

Hubb

I fucking love that quote. She's an evil little shit.

Definitely my favorite line by her, also a big fan of her minuet. My biggest gripe that makes me facepalm every time I see it, is her fake crying when she loses. Please change that for DOA6.

Definitely my favorite line by her, also a big fan of her minuet. My biggest gripe that makes me facepalm every time I see it, is her fake crying when she loses. Please change that for DOA6.

I think that's also part of her fake sweet and innocent ploy. "Hey, that hurt, you meanie *sniff*" Then when you feel sorry for her and go to comfort her... "DIE!" Stabs you right in the stomach and takes over DOATEC.

Eolz

Tbf, beach noises is already more effort than most themes out there with still the sony default background music. But yeah, it's still barebones and a bit too expensive for what it is.

Are there still gaf lobbies occasionally? I haven't played this in a while and feel like jumping back in.

Shin usually is in charge of that, and it seems some people (me included, will do as much as I can) were planning to start playing again starting next month.

Yeh we need to get back into it. I've got a mate from Scotland who might be able to join when we do them too. I need to study some Kwiggle Kasumi vids lol.

Demoskinos

My theory is she is working to take down or take over DOATEC from the inside, as if she has plans of her own, or is working for someone else. Sweet and innocent to your face, but a fucking psycho killer once she gets you in a room on your own.

Well.... I gotta go out somehow. Sign me up.

Demoskinos

Tbf, beach noises is already more effort than most themes out there with still the sony default background music. But yeah, it's still barebones and a bit too expensive for what it is.

Shin usually is in charge of that, and it seems some people (me included, will do as much as I can) were planning to start playing again starting next month.

I'd be down for getting some games in before Metal Gear V hits just sort of filling the gap between now and MGS V by playing through Deception:IV The Nightmare Princess.

Anastasia

Okay, cool! My Hitomi skills are super rusty now lol.

I'd be down for getting some games in before Metal Gear V hits just sort of filling the gap between now and MGS V by playing through Deception:IV The Nightmare Princess.

Yeah once MGSV comes out that's going to take up most of my time.

Top Bottom