• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

raven777

Does anyone know what the source art is for the Kasumi/ Phase 4 elven costumes?

561C9BF43F1AE1002D

Hmm, not feeling this Halloween's outfits. The guys look good (that Kappa), but of the girls, I think I only like Rachel's, Christie's and Pai's. Maybe Sarah's too. Chistie as Hot Elsa is adorable.

I think they're a bit drab, too. Not as good as the past. Not as many fun ones.

Marie's witch is still the GOAT.

Where my cow Honoka? Where pig Gen Fu? Where Bananakira?

Does anyone know what the source art is for the Kasumi/ Phase 4 elven costumes?

Looks like Phase 4's is one of Team Ninja's own, looking through their gallery. Bit odd not to go with any of the fan ones for her.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/743698889067532

The first Halloween pack was the best...

Succubus Helena
Witchblade Rachel
Samurai Akira
Viking Bass

All great. In that pack, Vampire Christie was pretty good too.

Ultimadrago

Yeah, this Halloween pack stinks, but I was done buying DLC of this title for a while back anyways (though I did pick up the Marie/Mila ps4 themes). I'm ready to buy stuff for DOAX3!

Eolz

I kinda like all of them. Well better than last year's Halloween pack.
Bayman is fun, Ayane and Sarah are gorgeous unlike last time, and even Mila got a nice one this time!

Hubb

Is the new DOA character coming out in Feb? I can't remember when they said it'll release, and a quick google search failed me.

Hubb

Thanks, I see on their site they have costumes listed till Nov. I am guess we are getting Christmas stuff and then nothing until the new character?

March is a ways away.

Eolz

Arf, replied in the wrong thread :/ .

Found my old post. There's a Tatsunoko pack coming after the Christmas one and before the new character, but there was no date estimate (apart from early 2016).

CLT363YUwAA5CGN.jpg:orig

Cool pic seen on twitter with all the announcements together.
Order of release is top left > bottom left > 2nd top left > etc

edit: so voted costumes for halloween, nothing announced for december (something like santa and reindeers before I guess), and tatsunoko sometimes in early 2016

Hubb

Arf, replied in the wrong thread :/ .

Found my old post. There's a Tatsunoko pack coming after the Christmas one and before the new character, but there was no date estimate (apart from early 2016).

Thanks! Had to look up what Tatsunoko is, name didn't ring a bell.

More DLC is good in my book because there is always a chance something good comes out.

Us PC players always lose out on the nice new stages, but hopefully we'll at least get the option to buy the new character.
Considering how successful Marie and Honoka were, I predict we'll get another pretty girl of some sort. Judging by those popularity polls, she'll probably be Asian too (all the popular chars except Marie seem to be). If thats the case, I hope she's Korean. They have some nice looking girls IRL, and Im sick of Japanese chars. Hope its not another loli at any rate.
Personally, I'd like a blonde Aussie surfer chick, with an outgoing Tina-esque personality and bigger cans.

Squire

Banned
Calling those fans pedos or sickos is referencing them as degenerates.

Again, if we're restricting it to discussion that takes place on NeoGAF, to the best of my knowledge, these are your words Shin.

But you know, if these are the terms that are coming to mind, maybe it's worth it to stop and consider why?

ShinMaruku

According to perspective many people have been called degenerates for many things.

It's all a matter of perspective and where agreed social terms are. Just saying it can be very odd when some write off a bunch of people just from liking a character.

Hupsel

I dont know why there arent more Helena fans. She got the biggest update from DoA4 to DoA5 imo. Her 3D model looks amazing, so cool. Glad she is going to be in the new game.

CD'S BAR

I think Helena and Christie got the best and most noticeable redesigns. Lisa is the only one I think that got changed for the worse. Something about her face is off.

Also didn't know Mila is Spanish. Just assumed Aussie from all her Victoria clothing.

LegendX48

I think Helena and Christie got the best and most noticeable redesigns. Lisa is the only one I think that got changed for the worse. Something about her face is off.

Also didn't know Mila is Spanish. Just assumed Aussie from all her Victoria clothing.
What? Where'd you hear that?

CD'S BAR

From the DOA5 wikipedia page

"Mila (voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi), an ambitious Spanish female mixed martial artst who works as a part-time waitress at a diner in New York."

I was weirdly the opposite. I loved Helena in DOA2, both in looks and gameplay. but something about her in DOA5 doesn't sit right with me. I rarely played 3 but Helena having a big role in 4 was really cool. Visually, it may be her propotions or something (I love her face though) in DOA5. I haven't used her in matches for ages, but she felt weak gameplay-wise too (I know she has her blender thing, which doesn't seem like fun).

So her being in X3 over LeiFang is sad to me, but I blame no one but KT for making us choose! Then again, maybe X3 will make me like her again.

In fact, I went from not caring about Tina at all in DOA to loving her in DOA5. Ever since she was first shown I believe around the time of E3 many years ago. Loved both her look and gameplay mechanics. Also sad she didn't make X3.

Top Bottom