• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

What the hell Demos ahah. Nothing wrong with this gif!

Cool matches tonight btw, learned some good stuff, reminded me that I need to practice again too :)

PreciousLightKillifish.gif

Beautiful.

Oh yeah, good games too. Had fun. You defo could learn some new stuff with Bayman playing against Glock, Cocod.

Got a lotta replays to sift through and upload lol

Hubb

For how niche DOAX is, this shit does not die. I think I am just going to stay out of any thread that doesn't have new information on the game. Everyone is just going in circles across multiple threads.

mcz117chief

Hey, lads. Are we going to put together a lobby for Friday 27th? I won't be here over the weekend so I would like to get my ass spanked at least tomorrow :)

I'm sure we can sort one out. I'm not sure if I've got a buddy round for drinks yet, so I don't know if or when I'll be on, but if he isn't coming, I should be game as normal.

Speaking of, does anyone know if it's possible to have a local second player join the online lobby with myself, so that we both end up in there, playing from the same system/TV? Haven't tried it before.

mcz117chief

Speaking of, does anyone know if it's possible to have a local second player join the online lobby with myself, so that we both end up in there, playing from the same system/TV? Haven't tried it before.

Damn, man, I haven't seen any button prompts or anything that would indicate something like that is possible. I will check and edit.

edit: I can't find a way, at least not on ps4.

I'd like to buy some DLC, but then I see all these other games that are on sale too. Full games. Cheaper. Myah.

This is what Im thinking too. Even though the costume packs are much cheaper now, Im kind of tempted to buy some KoF fighting games (all 50% off), or Dying Light ( 66% off and I love zombies). Dont know how well my PC would run that though.

mcz117chief

This is what Im thinking too. Even though the costume packs are much cheaper now, Im kind of tempted to buy some KoF fighting games (all 50% off), or Dying Light ( 66% off and I love zombies). Dont know how well my PC would run that though.

try a demo first then to see how it works. That is how I always do it.

mcz117chief

Thought as much. Seems like a logical thing to implement. Thanks for testing.

It is worth noting that I don't have two PS+ accounts so maybe if you log-in a second PS+ a new button will appear that will allow you to add the second player to the lobby but otherwise I didn't see anything that would allow that.

If there is a demo, you can try it like chief said. But even if you do get it, there's always steam refund if you find performance bad.

I just got Grandia 2, that should tie me over game-wise for a while (alongside Bloodborne DLC).

Hubb

Hmm, I shouldn't think that would be necessary tbh. I just guess it's not a thing in this game.

I don't think you need 2 PS+'s, but I don't think you can do it either. When you connect to DOA's online service you only have an option to sign in as one person. I can't see a way to get my "guest" account to sign in at the same time as my main account. I can switch them around, but I see no way for both accounts to connect to DOA's online at one time.

I don't think you need 2 PS+'s, but I don't think you can do it either. When you connect to DOA's online service you only have an option to sign in as one person. I can't see a way to get my "guest" account to sign in at the same time as my main account. I can switch them around, but I see no way for both accounts to connect to DOA's online at one time.

Yeah, pretty sure we'd have known about it if it really was a thing tbh. They would likely have promoted that feature a bit.

Hopefully something for DOA6 to add in.

It'll probably be around then.

Good news for UK-based people looking to import DOAX3.

Rice Digital will be selling the Asian versions for £45 on PS4 and £35 on Vita. Shipped from UK warehouse for free. Very good option for those not wanting to import from Play-Asia.

Kuksune

I bought the DOA1 arcade machine today! It was heavy as fuck though, so i'm pretty pooped right now, therefore i won't join the lobby tonight. Maybe tomorrow i can join you guys :)

Hubb

Every day that passes with new information just gives me another reason to believe it'll come over. How long between release will be the real question.

Eolz

Congrats for the Arcade machine!
And sorry for not playing lately, pretty sick again but getting better.

That site is banned for some reason.

For a good while they were fanboys fabricating news and jumping to conclusions way too much.
They deserved it, but got a bit better lately.

I've seen about how you can't cancel, but some say a direct email to customer support can help. Make up some exceptional circumstances, like you'll be moving out of the country by the time the game arrives or something.

Pachimari

I also don't buy into this "Xtreme 3 is not coming to the West" talk, no matter how many times they deny it is coming. Anyway, I'm strongly thinking of ordering DoA5 for PS4 today if the community here can teach me about the game.

Buy it. DOA is an "easy to learn, hard to master" kind of game using a triangle system - strikes beat throws, throws beat holds (counters), holds beat strikes. Has comprehensive tutorials, command training and combo challenges, and a very balanced roster. You will learn a lot if you play some lobbies with us most weekends.

Top Bottom