• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

And now we got SF players laughing at the "best in fighting entertainment" because anyone that knows fighting games knows DOA is terrible and there's a reason there is no scene.

Some people man, ughh.

Eolz

I'll be surprised the day the FGC is not mocked by other communities tbh.
Problematic players rather than games.

ShinMaruku

Fgc is fine when you see it as a bunch of tribes. Also this will get no real looks because the anime scene in Twitter are mainly manlets.

Just realised that if this new girl proves pretty cute and popular, there will be demand to include her in DOAX3. Even though they said they won't do character DLC, maybe they would make an exception for this new girl...

Unless she's a cyborg alien or some shit.

Hubb

I told you. It is coming Hayashi just was trolling extremely hard.

I still believe it is coming, but I am not seeing how people are getting it out of that response. The response to me comes off as total damage control and nothing more.

Just realised that if this new girl proves pretty cute and popular, there will be demand to include her in DOAX3. Even though they said they won't do character DLC, maybe they would make an exception for this new girl...

Unless she's a cyborg alien or some shit.

I just want the new character to have a new moveset/playstyle/something to help keep the game fresh. I will be very sad if they turn out to be an obviously money grab with no thought behind them. The amount of time they are taking to develop the character gives me a little hope, but only a little.

Fgc is fine when you see it as a bunch of tribes. Also this will get no real looks because the anime scene in Twitter are mainly manlets.

FGC community seems to be (and often times can be) shit unless you are already somewhat deep in the community. That is because half the people (or more) in the community have no interest in it growing. People talk a lot of shit about MOBA's, but at least they have multiple parties pushing the game out there and expanding their communities. I'm not part of the CS:GO community, I don't even play it, but the amount I hear about it and my friends that do lead me to believe it is also going in the right direction.

I hope SF5 can do something to start pushing FGC more, I don't know who else is really going to do it other than them right now.

^ Absolutely. It simply can't be a loli, schoolgirl or clone at this point. We've had all that. Time for something original. But I would be disappointed if it's not an actual human character. I've seen some speculate it might not be, but we have nothing to work with, so who knows.

FGC community seems to be (and often time can be) shit unless you are already somewhat deep in the community. That is because half the people (or more) in the community have no interest in it growing. People talk a lot of shit about MOBA's, but at least they have multiple parties pushing the game out there and expanding their communities. I'm not part of the CS:GO community, I don't even play it, but the amount I hear about it and my friends that do lead me to believe it is also going in the right direction.
FGC is shit because of how bad the infighting is. I think MOBAs are helped by the fact that you have completely separate events for DOTA and LoL. In fighting games, you cant go to a tournament without hearing everyone bitch about how shit everyone elses game is, tehn feel slighted when their game doesnt get as much airtime.

Hubb

But it is sooo sweet when you beat them. I never make the first move, but I love rubbing it in. I'm a bad person.

Defo. I mean, if you're gonna taunt after one round, at least back it up with a win, fuckface, or you're gonna know about it at the end. Can fit a good 3 taunts in at match end with Kas' petal spin taunt.

Razdek

Banned
Just bought the core fighters 30 set on Xbox one but it won't unlock the characters. Is there something else that needs to be done?

Just bought the core fighters 30 set on Xbox one but it won't unlock the characters. Is there something else that needs to be done?

Try restarting it? I have the disc version on Xbox One, and most of the characters and the story mode were locked the other day until I restarted. I never had any problems before then, and I've had it for months.

I am taking all the credit for this one, lads (well, some of it).

One of Honoka's outfits in DOAX3.

ss_01_3.jpg

Tell me about it!

There are a lot of incentives with different stores. Kinda sucks we won't be able to get them if we import. Though I guess they will put up as DLC in the future, like they did with DOA5 pre-order bonuses. If they did a Western version, I think they should just put them all into the game. Can't see many stores doing all these different ones, unless they gave like 3 bonuses to each store.

Some of these shots tho:

ss_01_2.jpg

deadmanny.png

Hubb

I mean DOAX2 had this (VERY NSFW!). I'm only expecting it to push more boundaries, not less. If those pin-ups are too much then yes, you should back away from the game now.

Razdek

Banned
Try restarting it? I have the disc version on Xbox One, and most of the characters and the story mode were locked the other day until I restarted. I never had any problems before then, and I've had it for months.

I tried restarting and downloading the core pack (trial) again but that didn't work. Isn't the character pack supposed to unlock the characters in trial mode?

mcz117chief

I mean DOAX2 had this (VERY NSFW!). I'm only expecting it to push more boundaries, not less. If those pin-ups are too much then yes, you should back away from the game now.

Well I never planned to buy it anyway. I just hope it comes to the west out of principle. I will stay with Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden, they mostly have better gameplay anyway, at least I hope so :p

I tried restarting and downloading the core pack (trial) again but that didn't work. Isn't the character pack supposed to unlock the characters in trial mode?

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but there are two versions on Xbox One - a Free Trial and Core Fighters. I believe Core Fighters is fixed and you can't purchase characters for it. It's the Free Trial that you buy characters for, I think.

Don't quote me, but the info should be on the official DOA5LR site.

Hubb

Damn I didn't realize they charged for core fighters on Xbox, is it something to do with how Microsoft handles f2p games?

Yeah, something like that. They get a fixed 8 characters in their version of Core Fighters, but the Free Trial is basically our Core Fighters. God knows why they are titled differently like that.

AlStrong

lol

Yeah, something like that. They get a fixed 8 characters in their version of Core Fighters, but the Free Trial is basically our Core Fighters. God knows why they are titled differently like that.
Yeah, I don't even understand why they don't have the actual DOA5LR full package up for download after they took down DOA5U. -_- I'd love to give them more monies, but this is BS.

Top Bottom