• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hubb

By the way, if anyone buys the Helena costume can you please post/let me know if you can remove the hat. Thanks.

Hubb

And seeing how the new character comes out towards the end of the 3rd pass, it is a 50/50 bet whether they'll be a 4th.

Hubb

?
He/she's part of the 3rd pass.

Yeah I edited my comment. They still come out at the end of it, so if they intend to make any more DLC for said character they are most likely doing another season of DLC. Granted I am sure that'll depend on how well this season's DLC sells.

Hubb

Are there any plans for skins for dudes? I would love a badass skin for Ryu for example.

Looking at the season pack, it looks like you will only get 2 more costumes for Ryu/dudes in general.

1 Valentine skin - either sexy or a joke and will most likely be 3 or so skins that are copy pasted for all the characters

1 Mash up skin - No idea.

Hubb

So do I just give in and pay for these Season Passes? Or wait for FINAL Round for real?!

I wouldn't put it past them, but I have a real hard time seeing them releasing a all encompassing package anytime soon. Anyone who bought season pass 3 would be livid if they did and a $50 package gets released 2 months after. Maybe they'll do something when they are a year out from DoA6 or something to build possible hype.

On another note, I've been recently playing the CPU at max difficulty and I forgot how cheap they are with holds. Holy fuck.

ShinMaruku

When you see some people abusing holds, you should option select them sometimes, I'd love to see the computer double fuck itself. One of the option selects I have is with Momiji where I move forward and do the throw notation, but if they press a button it's a hold because of the notation and them rising causing some issues, if they hold they get thrown. It's amusing. It also works with some of Ayane's things but it's worked best for me at walls. Which makes Ayane and Momiji option selects extra deadly because if they have high counter dmaage + wall that means all your life is going to melt.

Eolz

Interestingly, highest CPU difficulty doesn't cheat as much as the second highest one.

Azuardo, don't go in the new DOAX3 thread, there's Kasumi in the Fortune swimsuit :p .

mcz117chief

Looking at the season pack, it looks like you will only get 2 more costumes for Ryu/dudes in general.

1 Valentine skin - either sexy or a joke and will most likely be 3 or so skins that are copy pasted for all the characters

1 Mash up skin - No idea.

I hope the mash up skin will transform or that they add a transforming skin for master Ryu too. My waifu Kasumi already has one so her husbando Ryu should also get one :p

ShinMaruku

BlankDependableFlatcoatretriever.gif

LAWD

Kumubou

When you see some people abusing holds, you should option select them sometimes, I'd love to see the computer double fuck itself. One of the option selects I have is with Momiji where I move forward and do the throw notation, but if they press a button it's a hold because of the notation and them rising causing some issues, if they hold they get thrown. It's amusing. It also works with some of Ayane's things but it's worked best for me at walls. Which makes Ayane and Momiji option selects extra deadly because if they have high counter dmaage + wall that means all your life is going to melt.
What are the exact inputs for these OSs? I can't really guess at how they would work, since it's not like this game has zero-frame throws or anything.

Hubb

Click on link to see what OS is suppose to work against cheating AI holds, listen to a discussion about genocide/population control. I'll look at the VOD later.

ShinMaruku

Click on link to see what OS is suppose to work against cheating AI holds, listen to a discussion about genocide/population control. I'll look at the VOD later.

Welcome to chat with Voda. And it's not what you think. I will link the VOD later.

Hubb

Welcome to chat with Voda. And it's not what you think. I will link the VOD later.

I know, I was just poking fun. I came in somewhere around the astronomy talk and lasted until you got into WW2 leaders. After that I went back to playing Xonic because you weren't doing much :p.

Ultimadrago

Bought some new outfts yesterday and some Paradise videos finally). Now that they're more reasonable. Seriously, didn't they used to be much more expensive each? Like 16 bucks? I'm out of the loop.

Anyways, what I didn't know is that it included Photo Mode. While fun, I wish the PS4 took higher quality screens though. Sadly came out of it with an awesome album of shitty compressed-to-hell screencaps. Worth it for the Paradise vids in new outfits though.

Bought some new outfts yesterday and some Paradise videos finally). Now that they're more reasonable. Seriously, didn't they used to be much more expensive each? Like 16 bucks? I'm out of the loop.

Anyways, what I didn't know is that it included Photo Mode. While fun, I wish the PS4 took higher quality screens though. Sadly came out of it with an awesome album of shitty compressed-to-hell screencaps. Worth it for the Paradise vids in new outfits though.

You can change your PS4 screenshot settings so that it takes PNGs instead of JPGs.

You got me curious. The private paradise videos are still $3 each on the US store, which is insane, to me, even given the state of the rest of the DLC. They come out to just over $2 a piece if you buy the bundle with all 12 (since the girls released since then have their own sets) but that's still not really cheap, compared to the overall discount with other bundles.

Hubb

""PS4/PS3"『DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round』基本無料版 第5弾『年末年始大セール』実施中!『はじめてのセクシーセット』等人気DLCがお得な限定価格で提供中"

Posted on Twitter, have the JP sales pretty much matched up with NA/EU? Should we expect a "big" sale?

Eolz

Even if I'm on holidays, I have my old DOA5LR copy here too, so I'm good for lobbies. Just might have some small netcode problems like before.

""PS4/PS3"『DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round』基本無料版 第5弾『年末年始大セール』実施中!『はじめてのセクシーセット』等人気DLCがお得な限定価格で提供中"

Posted on Twitter, have the JP sales pretty much matched up with NA/EU? Should we expect a "big" sale?

I hope so. Really tempted to buy a season pass but they are too damn expensive.

Edit:
Nice fan-art for the holidays.

Top Bottom