• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Yeah, the third season pass is the best one so far. They're all too expensive, but I have to admit I'll probably buy them if they were on sale at that price in europe too.

Hubb

The third one looks like the best value so far with the new character being included. I agree though. If I didn't do articles for a site I would definitely wait it out so I can get the new character with all the costumes at a good price. Couldn't live with myself putting THAT MUCH into mostly costumes though. The most I did was the bundle that included everything from vanilla years ago when Ultimate launched.
Those Tatsunoko costumes are pretty damn tempting though

100% agree, though I am all for the people who do. The main reason I couldn't spend that money is because there are a number of characters I have no interest in playing.

League of Legends has actually helped me curtail my cosmetic microtransactions. Since I started playing that game I limited myself to 1 costume per character, and only characters that I actively play. DoA5 I had a similar limit where I would only buy costumes for characters I actually play (3 of them as of now). Character packs make more sense for me personally than season passes, but I don't even want every costume for a single character. I am happy with the a la carte options they have.

Ultimadrago

Yep, I'm happy with individual costume purchasing. Though they just had to link Marie Rose's Pure outfit exculsively with the first season pass bundle *sigh*. Oh well, I can live without it.

In fact, with Doax3 coming soon, I dont have much of a desire to still buy costumes for Last Round. Gotta build that piggy bank!

Character packs make more sense for me personally than season passes
I've said the same thing before - I'd buy a Kasumi character costume pass, as long as it still worked out cheaper in the long run with the future costumes released. I only purchased DLC for the first time for her recently - 3 costumes - but I'd be tempted by a character pass at the right price. Since I only main her enough to care about only her costumes, the season passes are a total waste of money for me.

Though they just had to link Marie Rose's Pure outfit exculsively with the first season pass bundle *sigh*.
I hate that with Kasumi's white ninja outfit, too. Okay, it's a recolour, but it looks damn sweet and I want it. I wonder if any nutters have actually paid the money of the seasons pass JUST to own that costume lol (or the Marie/Honoka ones).

It's been nearly a year. I still think $55 is too much
I should probably just buy a few by themselves

That's what I do. I just buy the costumes I want a la carte.

Problem is, I end up buying almost all of the costumes any way. But I find it easier to stomach paying $10 or $15 for costumes every now and then rather than $99 all at once.

That's what I do. I just buy the costumes I want a la carte.

Problem is, I end up buying almost all of the costumes any way. But I find it easier to stomach paying $10 or $15 for costumes every now and then rather than $99 all at once.

Kind of wondering why they don't release a Character pass for the new costumes too.

I also CANNOT stand how they recategorized the purchase of the game on XBL, so it looks like I purchased the F2P version on release instead of the full one.

Does anyone play on LIVE? I want to try to get the online achievements.

Alszem

I was going through the costumes for all characters and I noticed one I didn't know existed: Kasumi Ragnarok Odyssey.

It's now unavailable so I assume there's no way to get it anymore? That would suck.

I was going through the costumes for all characters and I noticed one I didn't know existed: Kasumi Ragnarok Odyssey.

It's now unavailable so I assume there's no way to get it anymore? That would suck.

A limited time free costume that I think was available on two separate occasions. Don't see the point in making it limited, but sounds like it's not available now.

Eolz

Yeah the version on the store is basically just for the 360/PS3 owners so they can transfer it to PS4/X1 when they unlocked it.

Hubb

Weekend is possible for me. Playing too much RE/BnS though so I doubt I could even combo correctly anymore.

komarkaze

Does anyone still play this on Xbox? My GT is komakaze. I have it on One and 360 and my Gold subscription lasts for at least another 2 months.

Mesharey

Man I'm so rusty.. there'll be a tournament at the end of April sponsored by Team Ninja in my country and I'm trying to practice again but I suck now.

Yesterday played with a friend that I was winning easily against before, but it was 10-4 for him. XD

I'm making many mistakes and unsafe moves *blames FFXIV*.

ss_0cfc438d4338d927fb76939677f712eeb10a2d9f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_16a5a988a5e8ee8ce77df6a264f917d90a5a3d81.1920x1080.jpg

Out now on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/438710/

Eolz

Wondered what that Steam update was for.
Nice to see the male characters getting something for once, a bit disappointed that the girls are basically just getting color variants of "naked" aprons. Not too bad though.

Kuksune

Finally the guys get something! (My 3 mains are all dudes). Any idea how much it's going to cost for the pack and induvidual costumes?

Eolz

Played with Shin yesterday, he should be back here soon.
He'll probably play tonight as well for those interested in a lobby!

Top Bottom