• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Or i could just use what works for me the best :)

Just sayin'!

I honestly don't care how people setup their sticks, macros are just there for convenience. I actually block out the two right buttons on 8-button sticks because I don't have a use for them and everything that needs to be done can done without them.

Just enjoy!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
An update is out with the new stage. Apparently Naotora is also up for sale on XBL. Should be tomorrow for PSN.

Eolz

komarkaze

I was playing against the Naotora AI a little bit last night. She is really quick and her Cannon Drill move wrecked me a couple times, similar to Jann Lee's flying kick.

jediyoshi

JcXxFG6.jpg

tAZmpoE.jpg

hnng

Kuksune

Bought Naotara and after 10 mins of play i want a refund...

Holy shit is she boring, like i get why she's so easy to play since samurai warriors is so button mashy. But dammit, i don't want a button mashy character in DOA!

Hmm, that combo vid Koei uploaded that showed one of her strings as just KKKKKKKK really did make me glare evily at the screen.

I'm also not fond of apologetic characters in fighting games, so I already wasn't sure about her. I'd like to try her out, but she doesn't grab me much.

Kuksune

Hmm, that combo vid Koei uploaded that showed one of her strings as just KKKKKKKK really did make me glare evily at the screen.

I'm also not fond of apologetic characters in fighting games, so I already wasn't sure about her. I'd like to try her out, but she doesn't grab me much.
We can share play if you want to try her out.

Eolz

Is the new character only coming to PS4/XB1/PC, or also PS3 & X360?

Not marketed as such at least. Would make sense for her to not be there, since they already gave up on 360 (too much DLC) and PS3 iserbase is finally transitioning in Japan.

Anyone in Japan/East Asia that wants to play sometime? I'm fairly newish to DOA5 but I've played other fighters most of my life, and would like to get some netplay sessions in.

Not me this weekend. Going to the FF UK fan event in London, and I'll probably have little time over the coming week. Should be getting DOAX3 in soon :)

Bought Naotara and after 10 mins of play i want a refund...

Holy shit is she boring, like i get why she's so easy to play since samurai warriors is so button mashy. But dammit, i don't want a button mashy character in DOA!

Ooooh, really? That doesnt sound good. Does she have any just frame attacks at all, or tough to execute throws? Characters that require some technical skill to use, are the most fun for me.
At least she is hot, I guess.

Eolz

She has some setups with 2P+K . Apart from that, she's not really complicated, but she was designed to be accessible for everyone after all.
With this goal in mind, I think she's actually pretty well balanced. You take damage only if you don't defend/counter (easy to see coming usually), most of the other basic moves are actually relatively weak.

Top Bottom