• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

She has some setups with 2P+K . Apart from that, she's not really complicated, but she was designed to be accessible for everyone after all.
With this goal in mind, I think she's actually pretty well balanced. You take damage only if you don't defend/counter (easy to see coming usually), most of the other basic moves are actually relatively weak.

Oh well. I'll still buy her anyway (from Steam). She does look good and will have some nice mods, Im sure.
If it were up to me, all the DoA characters would have at least one jf attack each, that looked cooler and did more damage than the non-jf default. This would be a good way to reward players who invest more time into their characters, whilst still allowing less experienced players to use the character competently too.

I've been using Naotora, and as a relatively new DOA5 player I've been doing OK with her. I think for someone like me she's easy to pick up and understand, as she has a very small movelist so you don't feel super overwhelmed. I will likely transition off of her to someone else later, but I really enjoy her at the moment.

Mesharey

Is she available on steam? Wondering.

Got her on PS4, she's really awesome and her animations are really good, there's a move in her stance with kicks and sakura flowers I think, it's super cool like a PB but it's a normal move.

LegendX48

Street Fighter 5 is basically down so I decided to pop this in. God, I forgot how trash I was lol

still, one win out of 4 ranked matches, my win percentage is now 14% with 15 wins out of 107 matches

ShinMaruku

Street Fighter 5 is basically down so I decided to pop this in. God, I forgot how trash I was lol

still, one win out of 4 ranked matches, my win percentage is now 14% with 15 wins out of 107 matches

Our weekend lobbies are designed to train people up. I need to be more active in here. I will be adressing this soon. :)

Alright I haven't played this since Dead or Alive 5 ultimate on PS3.

I don't have a PS4, but I do have an Xbox One.

Does the Xbox One have the soft engine?

Can I upgrade my DOA5U to Last round without buying it all over?

Hubb

They don't offer cross console DLC, so if you started on PS and went to Xbox you are out of luck. If you don't want to buy the game you can just try out the free version they have.

Hubb

Does anyone want to take a guess at whether a 4th season of DLC will come out? I'm leaning towards no, they are going to focus everything on Xtreme 3. I have no idea how well the 3rd sold, so who knows.

Eolz

Tonight Windows Central is streaming Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and giving out full copies of the game for Xbox, PS4, and Steam, plus the new Naotora li DLC for PS4. Please check it out:

Watch and win as we stream Dead or Alive 5 tonight on Twitch

Don't expect me to be any good at the game though; I'm a totally casual fighting game player.

Shared your stream, hope you get some good audience.

Does anyone want to take a guess at whether a 4th season of DLC will come out? I'm leaning towards no, they are going to focus everything on Xtreme 3. I have no idea how well the 3rd sold, so who knows.

I think we might get a fourth one, but I'll be happy if they stop there, focusing DLC on DOAX3, and real development of DOA6 (even if most of the team will be helping to finish Nioh first obviously.

Hubb

I think we might get a fourth one, but I'll be happy if they stop there, focusing DLC on DOAX3, and real development of DOA6 (even if most of the team will be helping to finish Nioh first obviously.

Since we got Lady Naotora we may get some dlc. Remember some dlc will be on both games.

It would make sense to release them for both, but if they were to release more I'd want something other than swimsuits.

ShinMaruku

Happy Easter from Momiji
momiji__sexy_bunny_by_veirada-d80dmqu.png

I just bought Naotora on Steam.
I havent had a chance to use her yet, but I think she has a great face and a cute hairstyle. Cant wait for her mods.
A character and 5 costumes is pretty good value for $8 IMO. A pity I'll never fight on that new stage though :'(

Hmm, I got deflated by Naotora as the new character, and nothing I've seen since makes me want to even try her (not that I've even played the game lately), but her being cheap coupled together with costume 'sales' might make me get her on Steam.

Naotora is pretty fun to me. I like K->KK as a guaranteed good ender and it looks cool. Her standard combos remind me of Alpha, and they seem a bit to "Press A to awesome", but they seem like they are never optimal.

->KKKKP
K->KK is my early go to

Hopefully I can spend a bit more time. She may overtake Marie as a sub for me, but Kasumi is still da bes

Demoskinos

Bought Natora last night played with her in some sets against a friend. She seems fun but didn't have much time to practice with her as I literally just bought her and then started playing matches against my buddy.

Marie still my main forever though. <3

Eolz

Here you go

A lot of them look great, only a couple seem boring to me. No breakables this time.

Really love it :) I think most of the costumes fit the character, and nearly the whole roster got a costume this time! Will use them for quite a while I think, especially Christie's one, she's rocking that Date costume.
c_083_16.jpg

c_083_13.jpg

c_083_19.jpg

Pictures on their facebook album and on the website too.

Eolz

Yus! Look forward to more images.

Though I wonder who's making it...

Looks better than the Ninja Gaiden ones made in the west recently at least...
But yeah, other girls, especially Kasumi, deserve a (new) good one. Hopefully sales will be good enough to justify it.

I'm liking the Honoka outfit.

Would love to get back into DOA5, but had so much to play in last few months. DOAX3 has been taking up all my past week.

Top Bottom