• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ibuki

Banned
If anyone pre-ordered from Best Buy or Amazon and wants to swap their code for my GameStop one, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wow. Havent played this game sense 4 (was addicted). This looks pretty fucking ugly (outside of the char models up close).

Doa4 was like a revolution in graphics on 360 at launch. This looks almost the same. Sigh.

Uh no offense, but no. In terms of visuals everything went completely opposite from 4.

In 4, the level design was fucking flawless and beautiful, colorful and full of life, the IQ at 720p and 2xMSAA was perfect and to this day is still impressive. It was the models that were lifeless and samey and doll like.

In 5, every level is low texture vomit inducing garbage that looks the same, but the models actually have life and look the best they ever have in the series.

Somehow, for DOA6, they need to cross the level design of 4 and IQ of 4, the models of 5, and put a ton of polish over it

DR2K

Banned
Part of the problem. Bought the season pass.

The getaway set is currently untransferrable, it says I have to pay, everything else is.

This is super annoying. In ranked match online, if I don't find any opponents and then try to leave, the screen gets stuck on "Connecting..." and I have to reboot the game.

I skipped Ultimate, and I don't like what's happened to Ayane one bit. Whatever they did to her spins, my spacing game is OVER

anger

/boooo

fernoca

I'll be satisfied if I can earn trophies with Core, all characters, Story Mode and the DOA2/3 songs on PS4.

On the PS3 version of Core that was enough to upgrade to the full version and earn trophies.

In my case, upgrading to the full version for $40 to just add more costumes wouldn't make any sense.

Chastten

Banned
So, whats the deal with the X360 version exactly?

Just checked if it went up for sale here (Europe) en when I go the page I can't buy it, only play it. When I click that it tells me to insert my Ultimate disc and requires a free download and now I apparently have Last Round on my 360? Currently downloading the required free Honoka compatibility pack, which is going slow as hell...

I'm guessing this just means I have some of the new tweaks and adjustments but none of the new characters/outfits?

Ultimadrago

Part of the problem. Bought the season pass.

The getaway set is currently untransferrable, it says I have to pay, everything else is.

I'm getting Last Round on PC, so I won't even be able to transfer the hundreds of dollars worth of DLC from my PS3 version.

Still getting my favorite DLC sets (and likely the seaon pass). rip

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is super annoying. In ranked match online, if I don't find any opponents and then try to leave, the screen gets stuck on "Connecting..." and I have to reboot the game.

I skipped Ultimate, and I don't like what's happened to Ayane one bit. Whatever they did to her spins, my spacing game is OVER

anger

/boooo

Ayane was great on Ultimate. I'm not digging the changes on Kokoro so Im considering using Tina, Ayane or Hitomi. Will try Honoka and Nyotengu on Steam whenever that decides to drop but Im not feeling Kokoro like I did in the past.

PedroRVD

After trying dozens of times all day... I can finally confirm I just uploaded my save file from Xbox 360 and downloaded successfully on Xbox One.

ban25

So I've downloaded and installed all 10 GB, but the game still says "This character is currently being installed" for everyone except Katsumi, Ayane, and Ryu. What gives?

Time to change all the songs to DOA3!

"This mode is currently being installed."

OK, at least I can change the voices to Japanese for now in Options.

FIne, fine. I should at least re-download all my DLC from the Playstation Store.

Damn it. I'll just give my girl Helena a whirl.

"This character is currently being installed."

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Are-you-kidding-me-417533.png

seriously wtf is this I paid $40 so why is this shit a thing? I can only use 4 characters right now

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Man the no-AA decision had me worried. So I sat there with my sealed copy and waited till core fighters downloaded so I could try the game out. I really don't see much of any problems with the IQ of the game. Does anyone know what I have to do to get my previously downloaded DLC?

webkatt

I was under the impression that this had all the DLC. Maybe I was spoiled by the recent remasters/remakes. I'm going to wait for a GOTY edition.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was under the impression that this had all the DLC. Maybe I was spoiled by the recent remasters/remakes. I'm going to wait for a GOTY edition.

I wouldnt expect a GOTY edition of this. They make money out of the DLC cause the game isnt what you call a big seller.

CSX

So a lot of the modes are still downloading for me. If i closed the game and set ps4 to rest, is it still downloading? Asking cuz there wasnt a download bar

fernoca

So a lot of the modes are still downloading for me. If i closed the game and set ps4 to rest, is it still downloading? Asking cuz there wasnt a download bar
Yeah. Put to Rest and should be fine. Check the status by selecting the game, pressing the Oprions button and Information.

Inuhanyou

This is the final iteration of 5. They arent selling 500+ costumes for any price any consumer would pay up front, hence microtransactions

This is the final iteration of 5. They arent selling 500+ costumes for any price any consumer would pay up front, hence microtransactions

Would've been nice for them to include a way to unlock the costumes through play. Reward your most ardent fans with some cosmetic pay off for your time investment instead of milking the limited player base for all they can.

ShinMaruku

anger

/boooo

Ayane is better from ultimate believe it or not.

KingJ2002

Uh no offense, but no. In terms of visuals everything went completely opposite from 4.

In 4, the level design was fucking flawless and beautiful, colorful and full of life, the IQ at 720p and 2xMSAA was perfect and to this day is still impressive. It was the models that were lifeless and samey and doll like.

In 5, every level is low texture vomit inducing garbage that looks the same, but the models actually have life and look the best they ever have in the series.

Somehow, for DOA6, they need to cross the level design of 4 and IQ of 4, the models of 5, and put a ton of polish over it

Very true... i played core fighters and the stages clearly are lacking in the IQ department.. the screenshots are definitely flattering.

im going to pass on DOA 5: Last Round... i'll wait for DOA 6

dreamfall

Holy goodness.

I just went on the PS4 store through this web browser to Add all the DLC that would''ve carried over. Is there a simpler way to do this? Granted I'm playing Core in the meantime, because my disc copy got delayed until tomorrow. Jesus, I just added so many bits of content to my PS4 download list- this is utter madness.

Inuhanyou

Holy goodness.

I just went on the PS4 store through this web browser to Add all the DLC that would''ve carried over. Is there a simpler way to do this? Granted I'm playing Core in the meantime, because my disc copy got delayed until tomorrow. Jesus, I just added so many bits of content to my PS4 download list- this is utter madness.

^ I really wish it was just something like they automatically just downloaded your costumes and content in the backround. Having to do it manually is just garbage. Its worse cause the store for DOA5 has always been a mess. They should have just relegated all the costumes to packs. Its even more confusing cause then you introduce the catalogs and shit you have to buy just to get individual costumes and its just not worth the trouble

^ I really wish it was just something like they automatically just downloaded your costumes and content in the backround. Having to do it manually is just garbage. Its worse cause the store for DOA5 has always been a mess. They should have just relegated all the costumes to packs. Its even more confusing cause then you introduce the catalogs and shit you have to buy just to get individual costumes and its just not worth the trouble

Yeah, it was a bit of a blunder. he packs are available for each character and each set. But that only applies if you've bought them or buy them that way. Even though each and every outfit except hot getaway (which is a problem for others too, apparently) is labeled as Free, you can only get them that way, not in the packs. But once you "buy" them as free those same packs then show as purchased.

dreamfall

Yeah, it's absolutely crazy! I mean, even the bundles don't download together- you've got to individually add each costume for each specific character. MADNESS. Good lord, downloading this to the new console is going to take awhile. I like that it's in the Library tab, but this is still such a chore :/

fernoca

What's even more amazing is that not only to have to manually "buy" each DLC you got previously (marked as free) on PS4, but that you don't even download anything. They could've just updated the licences or something.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So do we have a dedicated GAF group or something? I guess most people here are playing on the last gen version?

Add me in LaughingBanana for PSN. If there is a trophy in this game for successive online victories, I am the guy that you want to play with! Hahaha.

Btw, can you use mic to interact with the other player during MP matches?

TheRook

I think not having the option to buy new DLC costumes separately on PS4 is by far the worse thing they done besides the $93 season pass.

I'm finally finding people without crashing but always getting kicked to find new people (ranked). This is a big mess =/

Edit: Decided to try non ranked and it crashed lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I set up a lobby. Called neogaf. All welcome

Did you just send me an invite? Thank you :) But I haven't gotten a copy yet. It should arrive tomorrow though, so by then I should be ready.

Just...... be gentle with me please. I am a total noob for fighting games, hahaha.

fernoca

Well, to answer my own question...
I'll be satisfied if I can earn trophies with Core, all characters, Story Mode and the DOA2/3 songs on PS4.

On the PS3 version of Core that was enough to upgrade to the full version and earn trophies.

In my case, upgrading to the full version for $40 to just add more costumes wouldn't make any sense.
...it seems you do earn trophies. Earned 5 just by playing versus against myself, as the game is still installing. So..I'm satisfied. :p

Top Bottom