• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Demoskinos

Doing Rachel's combo challenge man, the timing on this Power Combo one is throwing me off. >_<

Linking the 6PP to the throw is the worst part I never seem to get enough height. =\

TWILT

Banned
Hmm, not really feeling Honoka, though she's fun. Guess I'm staying a Kokoro main after all lol. I just need to actually get gud with her...

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just fired up the free version on X1, game stuttered and froze up 10 seconds into the first match lol. Ill pass.

Free? Is there a demo I can try? I think I want it but I'd love to give it a try first if possible.

Also, is this game at Evo this year?

Yeah, it's called the Core Fighters pack, can play online and stuff but no Story mode. Haven't played myself yet as I'm studying so can't tell specifics.

I don't know about Evo and all that though, hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can chime in.

statham

Just fired up the free version on X1, game stuttered and froze up 10 seconds into the first match lol. Ill pass.

worked fine on my end, unlike TR: TOS which I had to redownload, do like they give achievements on the trial. Will most likey grab this tomorrow.($40 version)

PedroRVD

No crashes on X1 here. But I still can't upload my save file from 360 version...it asks me to login to Xbox Live...I choose my profile and after a while it says I have no internet connection. All this mess has ruined my day.

Picked this up from Gamestop earlier. My first Dead or Alive game. I need to mess around in practice to see who i'm going to try to get good with.

Sakura

Copy still hasn't shipped. Fuck you Amazon. Even though I will probably play it for 1 hour, remember I am terrible at fighters, and never play again.

This is the sexiest game I've ever played. I love the sweat. Once I unlock more outfits I think I'm gonna die.

Yeah...I just give up trying to deny that the girls are just hot as fuck like I used to when they looked like dolls in older DOA games. They did good with DOA5, and it's a solid fighting game to boot.

korly

No crashes on X1 here. But I still can't upload my save file from 360 version...it asks me to login to Xbox Live...I choose my profile and after a while it says I have no internet connection. All this mess has ruined my day.

That's the same problem I'm having. It could be related to the problems affecting Live but I wouldn't count on it.

Gonna take me a while to get readjusted to the controls (going from 360 to PS4), so I'm spending my time in Training Mode (Command)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Core Fighters has been pretty good to my girlfriend and has gotten interested in the game playing it online with me through it. o:

Because I want to play as Marie Rose...
Also the game isn't out here until tomorrow so I figure Core Fighters also wouldn't be available until tomorrow.

Ah ok, understood. So who can you play as in the Core pack? It's my first experience with it. (Please be Bass lol)

FHIZ

So, let's just put this in perspective, I bought this game digitally because I plan to play a lot and don't want to switch discs. I had been refreshing the PSN store and pretty much bought it as soon as it went up. Initial 3gb download went by at an OK speed, (using power line Ethernet adapters, which have worked well). That said... I'm STILL not finished with the complete download. I get that PSN is extra taxed on Tuesdays due to the update, BUT HOLY SHIT, this is bad. It's what, 9gb? And this right here is part of the reason I still buy physical.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You're welcome! :)
Oh wow I had no idea the PS3 versions used variable resolutions, alright that explains the difference I feel and see I guess.
It had variable framerate which was Entrances and Win/Lose poses at 30 but gamelay 60 but the resolution is 720. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had variable resolution tho.

So, let's just put this in perspective, I bought this game digitally because I plan to play a lot and don't want to switch discs. I had been refreshing the PSN store and pretty much bought it as soon as it went up. Initial 3gb download went by at an OK speed, (using power line Ethernet adapters, which have worked well). That said... I'm STILL not finished with the complete download. I get that PSN is extra taxed on Tuesdays due to the update, BUT HOLY SHIT, this is bad. It's what, 9gb? And this right here is part of the reason I still buy physical.
My initial 3GB has been downloading since 8pm T___T

no doa tonight i guess, thanks sony

Wow. Havent played this game sense 4 (was addicted). This looks pretty fucking ugly (outside of the char models up close).

Doa4 was like a revolution in graphics on 360 at launch. This looks almost the same. Sigh.

Also them putting all the dlc costumes locked on the char screen... Scummy.

Skilletor

Yeah I wish they'd give me all the content they make for free as well.

God re downloading everything is a bitch

I wish they'd hide it so I didn't know what was available. Sucks that they show me what it looks like in game before I buy it. :(

sarcasm, if that wasn't apparent

splattered

Installed the game on X1 during lunch... when I popped the disc in it had friggin 29 items go into the queue o_O

When I got off work I started playing it and it was crashing and I had to restart it.

Decided to uninstall the "bundle" and reinstall it all... except now the only thing showing up in the queue is the "Core Fighter" and the 8 costumes that I got as DLC from Best Buy.

Crap.

Demoskinos

Can anyone give any general tips to newcomers? I'm going to put in lots of time tomorrow in practice.

The obvious is go through the tutorial. But really go through the tutorial its actually really well done and explains a LOT of mechanics and concepts that you'll see not just in DOA but other fighting games in general.

If you're new I'd also just suggest going through the story mode. It will allow you to play a bit of every character and get a overall feel for who you really want to hunker down with and put some real time into.

I wish they'd hide it so I didn't know what was available. Sucks that they show me what it looks like in game before I buy it. :(

sarcasm, if that wasn't apparent

Wait, you can see the stuff on characters before you buy them instead of hoping someone shows them on youtube ala SF4?

That's really cool if I understand right.

Skilletor

Wait, you can see the stuff on characters before you buy them instead of hoping someone shows them on youtube ala SF4?

That's really cool if I understand right.

Yes, when you select the outfit at the character select screen, it shows you the outfit they're in, but it's locked because you haven't bought it yet.

Time to change all the songs to DOA3!

"This mode is currently being installed."

OK, at least I can change the voices to Japanese for now in Options.

FIne, fine. I should at least re-download all my DLC from the Playstation Store.

Damn it. I'll just give my girl Helena a whirl.

"This character is currently being installed."

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Are-you-kidding-me-417533.png

ShinMaruku

Time to change all the songs to DOA3!

OK, at least I can change the voices to Japanese for now in Options.

FIne, fine. I should at least re-download all my DLC from the Playstation Store.

Damn it. I'll just give my girl Helena a whirl.

"This character is currently being installed."

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Are-you-kidding-me-417533.png
That is me right now. I will be checking in the morning.

AAK

OK, online is definitely better. Kept trying different rooms -the hosts probably hated me for leaving so quick- and anything with a 4 or 5 rating was awesome.

This has given me the greatest urge to pick up a PS4 than ever before.... I hope to God the Steam version works...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

PSN's download speeds have always been bad. Doesn't matter the time of day, it'll take FOREVER to download something that is more than a gig. :/

Friction

I'm torn on whether to get it on PS4 or Xbox One. Got more friends on Live, but the DS4 would be perfect for this game. Gaaaaah!

Just had a weird ass bug where I cleared arcade mode and it left me hanging on the results screen with all the name ranks. "Press X" to continue, well, your not doing anything when I press X buddy. PS4 btw.

I'm thinking this might have something to do with matchmaking now. I had this problem several times after completing arcade mode with several different characters, but one thing I noticed is that I was open to accepting matches online while playing arcade. As soon as I turned that off, I didn't that issue anymore. So online is jacked maybe right now.

Top Bottom