• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

I downloaded the Mai + Debut Costume Set + KOF Costume Set.

I don't have access to any of it in the game. Must not unlock until a certain time.

Edit: Restarted PS4. Unlocked!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mai is up on Steam, too, along with the KOF costume set. It's just Yuri, Kasumi, and Hinako outfits. That's pretty disappointing.

I assume she isn't up on U.S. PSN yet, so will mess with her on PC first.

Mai is up on Steam, too, along with the KOF costume set. It's just Yuri, Kasumi, and Hinako outfits. That's pretty disappointing.

I assume she isn't up on U.S. PSN yet, so will mess with her on PC first.

Yeah, was disappointing when they announced that. So many KOF characters and they spread 3 of them out amongst 6 characters. The Honoka and Marie ones don't even break.

Vlaphor

I feel bad that I'm not buying this right away

...but I don't really play DOA5 that much anymore
...yet, I want to support more content like this
...but I'm a little low on money
...yet, I can miss a few meals for Mai Shiranui.

So conflicted.

I bought for $3... just like I did that costume set that was glitched.

But now I have to patch...

Was her price ever announced before hand?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I feel bad that I'm not buying this right away

...but I don't really play DOA5 that much anymore
...yet, I want to support more content like this
...but I'm a little low on money
...yet, I can miss a few meals for Mai Shiranui.

So conflicted.

Get Mai and if you dont have the game now you can always get the F2P version and buy Mai and eventually pay for the full package.

Vazra

How much is she on PC???=O
43883bce94.png

Shin, I'll try make myself available at weekend for a possible lobby and party chat. I haven't had a proper chance to do it for a while. Can't normally do it in this house with my current living arrangements. Hoping I can sort my own place out in the near future.

Vlaphor

Get Mai and if you dont have the game now you can always get the F2P version and buy Mai and eventually pay for the full package.

I've owned the game on PS4 and PC since day one, I'm just having trouble wanting to buy Mai on PC. How much is she on PS4 (though I don't really play that version either)?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mai is pretty awesome. You can clearly see some normals from other characters in her move set, but she's fun as hell and being able to do her special moves is a blast. It's just too bad that the netcode in DOA isn't up to par with everything else. Even KOF plays great online now.

Mai herself only has her main outfit in red and blue. That's it...nothing to unlock. If you want more outfits, you have to buy them. She also has no English voice.

Note on the PC version- it's not very good. The only reason I've even been playing it lately is because it actually runs well on my Surface Pro 4, and it's cool to have a 'portable' version of the game again.

I tried to play online on PC, which is far worse than the console versions, and only got one match. Dude picked the training stage and tried to run away...but this didn't work since I could just throw fans at him. He rage quit after several minutes of this, lmao.

Vazra

Mai is pretty awesome. You can clearly see some normals from other characters in her move set, but she's fun as hell and being able to do her special moves is a blast. It's just too bad that the netcode in DOA isn't up to par with everything else. Even KOF plays great online now.

Note on the PC version- it's not very good. The only reason I've even been playing it lately is because it actually runs well on my Surface Pro 4, and it's cool to have a 'portable' version of the game again.

I tried to play online on PC, which is far worse than the console versions, and only got one match. Dude picked the training stage and tried to run away...but this didn't work since I could just throw fans at him. He rage quit after several minutes of this, lmao.

PC Online its dead because it came too late and only rank mode kinda killed any interest. No idea how they could fuck that up so much.

ShinMaruku

Mai is now out for US PSN people so go forth and buy.

I will be having a weekend gaf lobby where we showcase Mai with some help from Ultimate Gaming Style clan on DOA. I need to know if we have some people who are down to play for this weekend.

JayEH

Mai is now out for US PSN people so go forth and buy.

I will be having a weekend gaf lobby where we showcase Mai with some help from Ultimate Gaming Style clan on DOA. I need to know if we have some people who are down to play for this weekend.

do you have a link? can't find it in the store

lupinko

Is Mai out for PC?
dat SFM

And if I buy her for core fighters but decide to buy Last Round, I can use her in Last Round right? I have free Christie via Plus.

DR2K

Banned
On X1, we don't know the price of her on PS4.

I would imagine they're the same. She only comes with 1 outfit and a recolor. Whereas the other characters had at least 4 or 5 costumes that come with the base package.

CD'S BAR

Pretty cool that you can play against Mai and Naotora even if you haven't downloaded them.

Fingers crossed Mai is 2.99 on PSN. Will jump on that shiz.

PS4 Mai is out in Europe, 7.99€ for the character or 15.99€ for the character + outfits. That Xbox price is surely an error, so grab that while you can :p

Loona

I had a brief glance at the Steam prices, and if they match the PSN ones, looks like just getting Mai and the KoF outfits costs less than the entire bundle that also includes stuff like a nurse outfit for Mai - good, I want the SNK content, not the fetish suits. Looks like I'll be getting this today when I get home, and hopefully a physical copy if I find it on my way home.

Eolz

Seems that Mai is more expensive than usual due to being a guest character. Shame since I'm getting her on PC (at work/on the go) and the pack on PS4...
Can't wait to finally try her though!

I did all of Mai's challenges and combos except for that last bloody tag combo XD

I wish it would display all the commands fully on the side, instead of needing to move the right stick to look thruogh it. Just to familiarise myself with it better.

Loona

Speaking of tag combos, does she have a special tag team throw with anyone? I figre something with Kasumi could make sense, considering the inspiration factor...

Hubb

Can't do anything because I am traveling this week, but is she really 7.99? Disappointing they keep raised the price for DLC characters.

ShinMaruku

She's a collab character at the tail end of the game I expect her cost to be high. Probably similar to the VF characters if they were not a packaged deal. That said she's translated really well into the game.

Synth

She's a collab character at the tail end of the game I expect her cost to be high. Probably similar to the VF characters if they were not a packaged deal. That said she's translated really well into the game.

Let's be honest with ourselves. If the VF characters were being sold, they'd have been cheap af. :(

In fact they'd likely be free...like they are, lol.

Hubb

Naotara is Koei Tecmo so it doesnt cost them anything to use. SNK property on the other hand they probably have a deal.

They've increased the price of collab costumes by $1 whether they were KT properties or not. $2 isn't going to break me, just feels scummy.

Edit: Naotora is $1 more than normal characters and Mai is $2 beyond her.

ShinMaruku

So was Naotora Ii and she wasn't 7.99.
She's owned by Koei Tecmo

Naotara is Koei Tecmo so it doesnt cost them anything to use. SNK property on the other hand they probably have a deal.
Exactly. I think SNK asked for a generous piece and she's priced as such.

Let's be honest with ourselves. If the VF characters were being sold, they'd have been cheap af. :(

In fact they'd likely be free...like they are, lol.
I don't know about that, Sega is very good with the dlc thing since they have been doing it longer than other companies with the mobile sector their services and their games that run on dlc prices. They would not be free if they were not in the initial plans for the game.

Top Bottom