• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Varshes

On the ranking screen at the end of arcade mode, hitting the X button for "OK" isn't doing anything... Am I doing something wrong or do I have to close the game down??

Yeah I wish they'd give me all the content they make for free as well.

God re downloading everything is a bitch
Uhh. Not what I meant?

Just lame that they have it there so you can see it but not access it. I'd rather just see what I can use. At the very least group all the dlc costumes together, some costumes you have to scroll through all the buy now ones to get to the ones you own.

Just not a fan when games go, "look at this! Its cool! Give us more money."

Squire

Banned
On the ranking screen at the end of arcade mode, hitting the X button for "OK" isn't doing anything... Am I doing something wrong or do I have to close the game down??

I have to restart when it does that. Asked about it in the thread earlier.

They need to patch that shit, STAT. I bought the PS4 port so playing the game would be more convenient, not less. GDI TN.

GorillaJu

Yeah I wish they'd give me all the content they make for free as well.

God re downloading everything is a bitch

Sorry but he's right. In the same way that Ubisoft putting treasure chests in the ACU world that you have to pay to unlock is scummy, showing you DLC costumes and sandwiching them in between free ones so that you have to scroll through them to select a costume you own is scummy.

All the costumes made pre-release should be free anyway, like what Capcom is doing with Street Fighter 4 on PS4.

DR2K

Banned
Sorry but he's right. In the same way that Ubisoft putting treasure chests in the ACU world that you have to pay to unlock is scummy, showing you DLC costumes and sandwiching them in between free ones so that you have to scroll through them to select a costume you own is scummy.

All the costumes made pre-release should be free anyway, like what Capcom is doing with Street Fighter 4 on PS4.

I don't think you're entitled to content I paid $15 for last month, much less the more recent DLC. All DLC costumes are on the bottom btw, they're not sprinkled in between unlocked costumes. This is all cosmetic stuff that doesn't alter the game or have any pay to win scheme attached to it.

Last Round added over a hundred DLC costumes for free. On top of all the new ones every character got. Content wise it beats out the 2 packs added in Ultra.

DCS

Banned
Right, so I used to play DoA Ultimate on my PS3, unlocked a load of stuff but sold the game and gave the PS3 to my sister when I bought a PS4. Can I download my DoA:U save and Core Fighters from my profile on her PS3, upload the Ultimate save from that and then sign in on the PS4 version and import my save once Core Fighters is released here in the UK? Will this convoluted method work?

I can't even start the game in most of the single player modes except Training and Story, even when offline. It immediately crashes upon selecting my character. I just want to stare at Christie in her bikini with the bobcut. Is that too much to ask?

Ken

So Honoka's DLC costumes don't even exist in the selection as locked costumes to taunt you, even if you already bought them...

Screw it, I'm gonna buy a PS4 for this. Of course I'll buy some other PS4 games eventually but if it weren't for this game I wouldn't get the console.

My problems would be solved if the PC version had the new stages and compatibility with potential future DLC characters/stages, but oh well. Hope this is worth it :3

Edit: Hrm, ebay won't let me buy it. Perhaps I'll reconsider then if I can't get it on special.

Eolz

Updating my 360 version just erased my save (story, unlocks, titles, etc).
Not too sad since I'm going to be on PS4 now, but still, just a heads-up...

Mesharey

Updating my 360 version just erased my save (story, unlocks, titles, etc).
Not too sad since I'm going to be on PS4 now, but still, just a heads-up...
Happened to me too, that didn't even allow me to download the DLCs ...

Awesome Shin!

Ferr986

So when is the Core Fighters version going to bounce on EU? Friday with the release date or today with the store update?

Z3M0G

This game crashed my Vita hard while using remote play... i used it to download all my costumes (the catagory breakdowns help), though i didnt have many... i then went to Versus to review and it locked up. I assume the ps4 crashed, i couldnt exit the game. But my vita was also in a bad state and needed to be hard booted...

Edit: Game didnt crash, only the Vita. I could reconnect and resume.

FHIZ

Where is that under?

I know in the PS4 store, if you do a search for it, it's actually WAY more helpful to search "DOA5LR." That said, I found that if you access the store from the game's main menu, you actually get a pretty well organized page for all the DLC. Compatibility packs should be somewhere in that menu. I'm surprised they aren't just mandatory updates to make sure everyone's on the same playing field so to speak. Was it MK9 that did that? Just a smart move, honestly.

Ken

I know in the PS4 store, if you do a search for it, it's actually WAY more helpful to search "DOA5LR." That said, I found that if you access the store from the game's main menu, you actually get a pretty well organized page for all the DLC. Compatibility packs should be somewhere in that menu. I'm surprised they aren't just mandatory updates to make sure everyone's on the same playing field so to speak. Was it MK9 that did that? Just a smart move, honestly.

I think MK9 bundled free costumes with the compatibility packs. Thanks though. I need my maid Honoka!

It had variable framerate which was Entrances and Win/Lose poses at 30 but gamelay 60 but the resolution is 720. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had variable resolution tho.

Huh alright I guess I have to play my PS3 copy later again to see I'm not imagining things o.o and yeah as smooth as Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was the variable resolution was definitely noticeable.

FHIZ

I think MK9 bundled free costumes with the compatibility packs. Thanks though. I need my maid Honoka!

Hmmm, maybe it was injustice then. I feel like a NR game at some point just made them mandatory. The whole idea of them in this update gone wild world we live in is a bit silly to me, but maybe it's a money thing or something.

Anyways, random question, is "OMG" mode still in this or is that what "LR" mode is? I need to know... For reasons.

hwalker84

I have been popping in and out of here all day asking questions and now I felt I could finally provide some answers of my own.

First off I already had Doa5: Ultimate on PS3. I mainly bought the PS4 version today because I wanted the definitive version with better graphics and some more characters. I have been very concerned it might not actually be the definitive version graphically but now that I've installed and played it, those fears have been put to rest.
What is the difference between the two versions character wise?

ShinAmano

So I uploaded my save on 360...what do I need to do on the X1 to get the stuff to update. The manual just says connect...but my costumes are still marked as locked.

Nuszka

Got the game last night from us psn on ps4 , as noted by some if you get the game for $40 you need to wait for the full download to be completed so you can use any of the other content including even access to options menu. About people complaining with the graphics it was known from the start it is going to be this type of port, but for myself who played previous parts and this is my 4th DoA5 purchase (lol i know) this looks absolutley lovely, it is maybe me but the input lag seems lower compered with the ps3 version. Played about 6 hours now so far not a single crash. I read comments with some ps4 locking up after completing arcade mode, i did notice some slight stuttering in the background during the summary screen, think the game is uploading the score to their servers. No issues reported as well with transfering my save file from my ps3. Very happy with another doa5 purchase. Anyway if anyone wants to add me on ps4 psn nuszka will be available in about 6 hours.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Where is that under?

If you search for it in the PSN Store, just go to the DOA5 add-ons section and set a filter for free content. There were two compatibility packs up when I checked. The in-game store has it too but I can't remember which category it's under.

I have to admit, this has kind of rekindled my inner online warrior.

Does Core Fighters give you a bunch of the DLC skins? I have some of them available, although I've only ever purchased DLC on the Vita.

Kssio_Aug

Downloaded Core Fighters, loved its gameplay! My first time ever with DoA! Bought the full version! :)

XB1 version here. Played 5 fights and a bit of the training mode without crashes. Hopefully I wont have problems and that it gets patched asap.

Edit:

What is happening here though is that my Xbox download queue is looping infinitely sending the 1st content to download to the last and so on. Lol

Edit 2: Solved, downloading normally now.

The only DLC that didn't transfer to my PS4 version is the Hot Getaway Set and for some reason it doesn't even appear as DLC I bought on the PS Store. Has anyone had the same problem? I sent an email to Tecmo Koei but the last time I had a similar problem with the cheerleader DLC not appearing in DOA5U they didn't help me. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there an easy upgrade path from core fighters to the full game, or do you have to delete and download the entire game again? Do saves carry across?

Kssio_Aug

is there an easy upgrade path from core fighters to the full game, or do you have to delete and download the entire game again? Do saves carry across?

With the CF version installed, when you buy the full version it will only install the additional content. No need to reinstall its 9gb.

With the CF version installed, when you buy the full version it will only install the additional content. No need to reinstall its 9gb.

It installed an entirely separate game on my PS4. I downloaded Core Fighters yesterday, played it, and decided to buy the full thing. I had to download the entire game and it came up as a separate icon on my menu.

Any sign of it in the EU store yet? I guess I have to wait till 6pm but then again I won't have time to play beforehand anyway :p

It installed an entirely separate game on my PS4. I downloaded Core Fighters yesterday, played it, and decided to buy the full thing. I had to download the entire game and it came up as a separate icon on my menu.

I think you weren't supposed to buy the full thing, you just had to buy the unlock DLC for Core Fighters.

Kssio_Aug

Just did it in the XB1 version, it downloaded a "full game unlock" and a bunch of additional content. It didnt download the 9gb again.

Maybe only in the Xbox then?

Any sign of it in the EU store yet? I guess I have to wait till 6pm but then again I won't have time to play beforehand anyway :p

I think you weren't supposed to buy the full thing, you just had to buy the unlock DLC for Core Fighters.

I looked for something like that and couldn't find it.

It really doesn't matter since my net connection downloaded the full game pretty quickly anyways.

Top Bottom