• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

I'm getting Last Round on PC, so I won't even be able to transfer the hundreds of dollars worth of DLC from my PS3 version.

Still getting my favorite DLC sets (and likely the seaon pass). rip
welcome to the club! at least we are already friends on steam, can play once online is finally added

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
But won't the PS3 version have more players? I'm guessing it will.

I'd rather have better netplay with fewer people than super terrible netplay with a bunch.

This. Absolutely this. And let's give it a little bit of time to see how the player base improves-- the shitty weather affecting a good part of the U.S. may have contributed to how few people were online yesterday.

So it really is better. I wasn't sure if I was imagining things or not. It played great online, better than I remember on the 360.

Was pleasantly surprised at how good things were at 4+ bar connections. I still need to play a lot more before passing judgment, but I was testing the online in every way possible, opening up all search parameters and trying out every room I could get into.

I haven't had a chance to test yet myself. I trust Lyte Edge's impressions, though. I get to play tomorrow.

Looking forward to your impressions. Are you buying this or trying it out via Core Fighters? You might want to do the latter just in case.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd rather have better netplay with fewer people than super terrible netplay with a bunch.

I dunno. Netplay on PS3 is improved for me after the terrible netcode in 5/5+/5U. We'll see if the sea of green and good connections happens over the weekend/next week when most of these people move to PS4 or something.

just a heads up if you ordered from best buy and didnt do instore:

got an email from best buy this morning regarding my copy,

We're sorry. The item listed below is unavailable at the moment. We expect that it will be ready for delivery between February 27 and March 10.

dammit

might cancel and go pick it up in store now. it was supposed to be here tomorrow!

Ah alright but huh that's strange, maybe the PSN Store isn't fully updated yet o.o

Yeah, I went through the Playstation Store option on the main menu and went through all the menus and couldn't find a $39.99 purchase that fit the bill. I saw packaged for unlocking all male/female fighters. A ton of costume sets and the Story mode pack.

Flipyap

Any sign of it in the EU store yet? I guess I have to wait till 6pm but then again I won't have time to play beforehand anyway :p
Looks like it's a Friday release in Europe, and for whatever reason it's not going to be a free game in Germany.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/02/18/new-playstation-store-order-1886-qbert-hand-fate/

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters (out 20th Feb)
Germany only Price: €2.99

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters (out 20th Feb)
Price: Free

ShinAmano

So can anyone answer...I uploaded my save from 360...fired up the game on x1...all my unlocks (costumes) are still locked...do I need to do something to get the uploaded save?

Kssio_Aug

The XB1 version definitely needs a patch. 3 fights in the offline fighting mode, and froze in two of them, after downloading the full version.

Hopefully they're gonna fix that quick! Cause thats frustrating as hell!

The XB1 version definitely needs a patch. 3 fights in the offline fighting mode, and froze in two of them, after downloading the full version.

yeah my xbox froze twice this morning ah well ill just play core fighters on ps4 till the issue is fixed

The only DLC that didn't transfer to my PS4 version is the Hot Getaway Set and for some reason it doesn't even appear as DLC I bought on the PS Store. Has anyone had the same problem? I sent an email to Tecmo Koei but the last time I had a similar problem with the cheerleader DLC not appearing in DOA5U they didn't help me. :(

Yep. I paid for the Hot Getaway Set on PS3 and it didn't transfer to my copy on PS4.

Eolz

Welp, TN just explained on Twitter why I lost my save data on 360:
You need to download the catalog before launching the game.

What a badly designed system (both for the catalog system, and MS/Sony DLC management systems)

That's the way I play. Turn off 'throwdowns' by setting to decline. I haven't had a crash since.

blackjaw

Anyone else have bad slowdown/clunk ones on the fighter selection screen?

Playing the core version in PS4.

It has kind of put me off from upgrading.

Hello, my fellow connoisseurs of fine physiques.

I'm a DoA noob, but I have the PC version pre ordered.

Any sites where I can see and understand the basic mechanics of our fine electronic entertainment?

Thanks in advance my gracious gentlemen.

just a heads up if you ordered from best buy and didnt do instore:

got an email from best buy this morning regarding my copy,

We're sorry. The item listed below is unavailable at the moment. We expect that it will be ready for delivery between February 27 and March 10.

dammit

might cancel and go pick it up in store now. it was supposed to be here tomorrow!

You're not the only one, seems Tecmo shipped them late or something since others have the same problem but with Amazon. With how much I would play it I would go DD for the convenience..

Yeah, I went through the Playstation Store option on the main menu and went through all the menus and couldn't find a $39.99 purchase that fit the bill. I saw packaged for unlocking all male/female fighters. A ton of costume sets and the Story mode pack.

Hmm I was under the impression that buying the male/female and story pack equals the full game but I'm not sure.

Looks like it's a Friday release in Europe, and for whatever reason it's not going to be a free game in Germany.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/02/18/new-playstation-store-order-1886-qbert-hand-fate/

Oh alright so we have to wait two more days, bummer :/ And yeah it's like that here, for whatever reason Germany isn't allowed to have free free2play games on the PS4, I don't know if this was the case on the PS3 too o.o

Oh well I have the US PS4 Core Fighters version to tide me over.

Ninja Dom

Nyotengu is so sexy!

Yup, so is Honoka.

I'm a Core Fighters player - I only need the Ninja's, Hayabusa is my main (he's the only character I actually use). I bought Momiji, Rachel and Jann Lee is currently a free purchase on PS3 in the UK.

When I update to Last Round on Friday I'll buy Honoka and Nyotengu.

Now that people have the game, I asked a few pages back, but is the Story mode any different to Ultimate & Vanilla??

vg260

Maybe a silly question, but if you have DOA5U full digital game on the 360, if you buy the $5 Xbox One version, will that unlock all the characters that came with DOA5U?

Maybe a silly question, but if you have DOA5U full digital game on the 360, if you buy the $5 Xbox One version, will that unlock all the characters that came with DOA5U?
if its like PS4, as I expect, the only characters you will be able to have unlocked are ones you bought for ultimate. So if you bought Marie Rose, Phase 4, or Nyotengu then you will have them

Ibuki

Banned
I was a little vague last time, I appologize for that. If anyone from the NA region on PS4 wants to swap their Amazon or Best Buy bonus for my Gamestop bonus please do send me a PM!

vg260

if its like PS4, as I expect, the only characters you will be able to have unlocked are ones you bought for ultimate. So if you bought Marie Rose, Phase 4, or Nyotengu then you will have them

Yeah. didn't think so, even though I essentially own the DO5AU characters on the 360 by buying the full game, but not surprising. It would have been nice since they can actually verify your digital purchase of the 360 game. I'll just stick tot the free version on The Xbox One. I barely touched the game on the 360 anyway.

Z3M0G

I have all base characters unlocked in PS3 Core fighters, but none unlocked in ps4. Is that normal? Did i just buy my fave character for nothing?

I bought Maid Honoka but it doesn't show up in her costumes?

So Honoka's DLC costumes don't even exist in the selection as locked costumes to taunt you, even if you already bought them...

I have all base characters unlocked in PS3 Core fighters, but none unlocked in ps4. Is that normal? Did i just buy my fave character for nothing?

When you unlocked them in core fights on 5U, did you buy 5U or buy the pack with the character unlocks? If you bought 5U you have to buy 5LR again or buy the character unlocks.

Kssio_Aug

This game plays sooooo good!! Loved it!!
The story mode story is very silly though, but the characters and gameplay compensate it easily! =P

Also, for XB1 users, turn off the "throwdowns" in the Versus modes cause that's what is causing some crashes and freezes issues.

slop101

Banned
PS4 version, after installing the patch, the game keeps crashing after the character selection screen, error code ce-34878-0. It works fine without the update. Have deleted and re-installed several times. Deleted save date.

Anybody else having this problem? Or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

I played hours of single player arcade on both PS4 and Xbox1 last night and did not experience a single crash on either. Because of all the crash reports, I took some precautions:

- I did not import my earlier saves
- I turned off fight requests (throwdowns)

My takeaway is that the game seems identical on both systems save the way the X1 handles the demo/core fighters thing and the fact that the PS4 version doesn't seem to grant trophies whereas the X1 version does grant achievements, even in the free version. Graphics are improved but only a little bit. Both controllers work very well thanks to the X1's improved D-pad. I have Ultimate on 360 and I figure I can just play through the story mode on that so I'm not going to purchase the full version on PS4/X1. I might get the full version on the PC depending on how that port turns out but for now I'm content with the core fighters version. I play 90% of the time as Tina and the other 10% as Hitomi, so I did buy the $4.99 upgrade on X1 to get both of those characters and the other two, and on PS4 I already had Hitomi from when they gave her away on PS3 so I just bought Tina for $3.99. So basically I have everything I want on both platforms for $9. Can't complain.

If the PC version turns out to have better graphical/IQ options or there is an interesting mod scene I'll probably buy the full version there.

LUXURY

The freezing has to do with throwdowns I think. I was playing arcade and it froze on me three times with it on. Turned it off and no freezes. Now, online lobbies is another issue cause they freeze randomly when searching. Also, for those with save data migration issues I've heard that you first need to DELETE the save data for Core Fighters/Last Round then go and upload it. I guess otherwise it will sync and erase the Ultimate save.

Demoskinos

Probably going to be playing this for awhile. PSN is "Demoskinos" if anyone ever wants to throw me an invite to a lobby. I'll most likely be down to be awful with Momiji and play a few rounds. (On PS4 version BTW)

Moofers

I played for like 3 hours last night and robbed myself of precious sleep, so I'm going to be dragging ass at work today, but dammit it was worth it. I was having such a good time.

I only played one match online. Serious lag issues. Must have been the other guy. I think it was because the number in parenthesis next to his name kept changing from 1 to 2. I'm not taking that as a sign of trouble though. It was only one match.

I spent the majority of my time playing Arcade mode and unlocking costumes and music. In about half an hour I'd unlocked a handful of costumes and I think all the old soundtracks from older games. Not too bad! I don't know why you'd pay to unlock those when its so easy.

Everything looks better than in my PS3 copy of DOA5:U and its totally noticeable
. I said this last night when I first checked in and am even more sure of it now. Its like the game that DOA5:U should have been in the first place, honestly. I even tuned in to watch another streamer when I was about to turn in for the night and I saw more stages that I must not have unlocked yet. Speaking of which: what's the best way to unlock stages? I don't have the snow stage OR the one where you're in like a wooden home and smashing through walls.

I could have sworn I bought some of the Halloween costumes for DOA5U, but apparently I never did. I dropped about $30 last night and got every costume I was interested in for the characters that matter to me. I was pleased to see that when I was playing against the CPU and using a Halloween costume, the CPU would be wearing theirs as well. Very nice! Its a good way to get extra mileage out of those purchases. And I know some people balk at paying for costumes, but I have no problems with it. The ones I bought are really awesome and even have the customization options the other outfits do. Hair, glasses, panties, etc. That was nice to see.

Anyway, I did run into one problem. After clearing arcade mode, I got the issue where pressing X to continue wouldn't register. No buttons would respond at all, forcing me to close the application and relaunch. Not a huge deal, but I had a streaming audience and needed to do this like 4 times over the course of about 2 hours. Kind of annoying. Hopefully that gets patched very soon. I think its important to call out Tecmo/Koei on twitter about stuff like this, so I encourage everyone here to do so if you're experiencing problems.

That said, I'm very happy with this. I have been disappointed with DOA in one form or another for years, but this finally seems like the game I've been waiting to buy. The stages and music options are better than DOA5/Plus, the graphics don't suck on certain stages like DOA5:U, and there's just more of everything in general and its better. Its like a "greatest hits" kind of deal and it seems like its finally firing on all cylinders. I'm very happy with it!

Team NINJA is posting some stuff to prevent losing the savedata when you upgrade from DOA5U to LR on 360, check their twitter for the info, I can't copy and paste right now.

Z3M0G

I deleted my save data and re-imported my ps3 save. Now PS4 arcade mode works!

When you unlocked them in core fights on 5U, did you buy 5U or buy the pack with the character unlocks? If you bought 5U you have to buy 5LR again or buy the character unlocks.
I must have purchased 5U because i have story mode too... oh well.

xion4360

i got all of the trophies except for 100 online games yesterday..DOA5 platinum #3 coming soon

Team NINJA is posting some stuff to prevent losing the savedata when you upgrade from DOA5U to LR on 360, check their twitter for the info, I can't copy and paste right now.

its basically make sure you have all of the costume catalogs on 360

Top Bottom