• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

slop101

Banned
I deleted my save data and re-imported my ps3 save. Now PS4 arcade mode works!
Yeah, I think the PS3 save transfer is my issue as well.

I'm gonna try deleting that save, re-install the game again, choose not to import the PS3 save and hopefully get things working again - but then I'll have to re-download all the extras individually. Ugh.

stn

I should be okay if I have all 21 catalogs, right? The only thing I'm worried about is I only noticed a "LR Catalog 2" on the XBL marketplace, have not found 1 yet. Any insight? Thanks.

Astral

I just realized I unlocked Hitomi and Ein in core fighters. How the heck did I do that? I sure as hell didn't buy them.

Z3M0G

Yeah, I think the PS3 save transfer is my issue as well.

I'm gonna try deleting that save, re-install the game again, choose not to import the PS3 save and hopefully get things working again - but then I'll have to re-download all the extras individually. Ugh.

I suggest holding off on the full game re-install for now... just try the save data first. Then try full game if that doesnt work.

Griss

Jesus...I just checked their twitter. There are like 40 warning tweets about how, when, and what to install. Are you kidding me? This game is as high maintenance as its characters...

That twitter is seriously embarrassing. All those warnings. Feel bad for the PR guys who have to clean up the mess of a buggy launch - there's no way for them to improve things and they're probably working off limited info.

ShinAmano

Jesus...I just checked their twitter. There are like 40 warning tweets about how, when, and what to install. Are you kidding me? This game is as high maintenance as its characters...
What I dont understand is why if you buy the disc would any of this be an issue. Wtf.

Man, these costume prices.
I really want all the Mila ones, tho.
There are a lot of them, tho. I'll give them that.

Also, on the character select screen, what does "detail" change about the character?

xion4360

So does any of the Vanilla DOA5 DLC port over or is all of that already unlocked?

most vanilla DLC is already included, but I personally had an issue with the Hot Getaway set not registering as purchased although I did when it released for vanilla.

What. Someone replied to this question earlier with that same answer. I thought it was a joke...

panties and Bra's..only when see through though, shirt has to get wet.

mdsfx

I wonder how much this game would cost if you bought every piece of dlc available... The amount of content is borderline obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I love the costumes/outfits, but it looks like that's where they spent all of their development time.

Dumb question I know, but I picked it up and it seems like most of the costumes are locked. I thought Last Round was supposed to come with a huge amount of costumes up front? Or am I missing something. Also, how do you unlock em?

fernoca

Game Is ugly. Erkkkkk. Looks like a carbon copy of the PS3 game
Well, it is the PS3 game...but with anti-aliasing and at 1080p.

Dumb question I know, but I picked it up and it seems like most of the costumes are locked. I thought Last Round was supposed to come with a huge amount of costumes up front? Or am I missing something. Also, how do you unlock em?
Play the different modes. Tag is faster since you unlock a costume for each character used.

But yeah, just play. The ones with the locked message are acquired by playing, the ones with the download message by buying.

In my case, I'm just glad I haven't ran into any problems, yet. Only had to pay for the 3 characters I was missing, downloaded the Core version...and have the full Last Round game; aside a few costumes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Beat Arcade Mode multiple times until you unlock everything that is unlockable per character. For faster unlocks do it in Tag Mode.

xion4360

Play tag arcade on rookie and work your way up if you want.. 5 battles 2 costume unlocks at a time plus youll unlock some other stuff like music and titles. DLC costumes will show up as an arrow on the character select screen, those cannot be unlocked only purchased.

play through the command tutorial for each character to unlock their system voice, and doing them all will unlock the own character and opponent system voice (opponent is the best IMO) there is also donovan system voice though I forgot how to unlock that one. I think its by finishing arcade on top difficulty.

Hubb

Play through arcade with a character and it'll unlock a costume. Play X amount of online games with a character and it'll unlock a costume.

Fastest way is rookie mode tag team. Quick wins and costumes for 2 characters a pop.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Unless something changed with Last Round, you can only unlock 1 costume per character, per difficulty. So you can't just keep going through rookie to get everything super-quick. But you can do rookie on each type of single player, then do easy, the normal if needed...and that should get everything.

Unless something changed with Last Round, you can only unlock 1 costume per character, per difficulty. So you can't just keep going through rookie to get everything super-quick. But you can do rookie on each type of single player, then do easy, the normal if needed...and that should get everything.

In 5U you could just do the same difficulty over and over.

Squire

Banned

In Ultimate they made it so you could keep playing the same mode.

I just took Marie through Rookie twice last night to get a few of her outfits and try her out.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder how much this game would cost if you bought every piece of dlc available... The amount of content is borderline obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I love the costumes/outfits, but it looks like that's where they spent all of their development time.

That was where they spent all their time most likely, cause they realized that was the highest revenue stream gamewise. Their upfront game sales werent doing it it seems

Hubb

That was where they spent all their time most likely, cause they realized that was the highest revenue stream gamewise. Their upfront game sales werent doing it it seems

I think a number of you are overestimating how much development time and resources are needed to put out these costumes. They can be done with a skeleton crew for the most part compared to developing a game.

I have no doubt that the costumes bring in a lot more money per time/resources spent than the base game does. But I also can't imagine a world where I need every costume for every character when to this day there are a handful of characters I've yet to even play
or unlock their base costumes

Oh God dammit, the update just deleted my 360 save. I'm fucked, aren't I? There's no going back?

Does the 360 offer something similar to PS+ where you can upload your save to the cloud?

Chastten

Banned
At launch it didnt work to keep playing the same diffculty in Ultimate. You would only unlock one costume per difficulty/mode. A later patch changed that though.

Moofers

How do you unlock more stages? I don't think I have the snow stage or the wooden house (where you break through walls) because I played a bunch of tag and solo Arcade last night and didn't see them. Only reason I know they're there is because I watched somebody's stream for a bit.

Hubb

How do you unlock more stages? I don't think I have the snow stage or the wooden house (where you break through walls) because I played a bunch of tag and solo Arcade last night and didn't see them. Only reason I know they're there is because I watched somebody's stream for a bit.

When you pick Versus, can you select those stages or do they come up locked? I just have Core Fighters for LR and they are all unlocked for me, but I did carry over my save so that might be why.

Have you looked in Versus mode and gone to the stage select screen, for example? Should say what to do to unlock the stages, if it's the same as 5U.

SkylineRKR

I have the snow stage. I think it was unlocked right away? End of the Earth or something.

Moofers

Thanks everyone. I assumed they were locked since I hadn't seen them in arcade mode. Really strange. I'll check it all out tonight. I guess certain stages must be exclusive to tag or solo play?

Top Bottom