• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Westlo

That was where they spent all their time most likely, cause they realized that was the highest revenue stream gamewise. Their upfront game sales werent doing it it seems

Yes, that's 100% right.

Because the people who design costumes and make them are clearly the same people who worked on every other area of the game. That's clearly the reason we have no AA in this game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks everyone. I assumed they were locked since I hadn't seen them in arcade mode. Really strange. I'll check it all out tonight. I guess certain stages must be exclusive to tag or solo play?

Yes-- there's less stages available in tag. Just hit up training mode (solo) and you'll see all the stages available.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yes, that's 100% right.

Because the people who design costumes and make them are clearly the same people who worked on every other area of the game. That's clearly the reason we have no AA in this game.

I'm saying the costumes are their obvious first priority and where their focus went for this version.

I don't see what you mean when you say that there were other people who worked on 'every other area of the game', since this is a basic upport with 2 new characters and 2 new stages. Nobody is working on the other parts of this game anymore outside of DLC. Hopefully they are onto better things.

I'd be concerned if they did have all hands on deck for for what is supposed to be a low cost high return effort like this.

(They need someone on the SIgma ports to next gen and PC after all)

so should I still go ahead and get this despite all the problems/"it's just a port" complaints?

I was 100% set on this but a lot of players seems to be angry about something and I'm not sure if I should just wait for some patches or what

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so should I still go ahead and get this despite all the problems/"it's just a port" complaints?

I was 100% set on this but a lot of players seems to be angry about something and I'm not sure if I should just wait for some patches or what

Im not having issues but then again Im only playing on PS3.

SkylineRKR

Been doin' combo training with Nyotengu. Seem seems to be fun. Rather huge too, lol.

Physical System = GOAT training theme. Its fucking great. Love the inclusion of every track out there.

Moofers

My experience on PS4 has been very positive. I've got about 3 hours of play in and the only issue I had was the game freezing after completing arcade mode. It did this to me like 3 or 4 times in the course of my 3 hours and forced me to close the app and restart. Not a huge deal, just a bit of a pain at times. Stops my broadcast, that's the only thing about it that bugs me.

Otherwise, its been a great time and I really dig it.

Inuhanyou

It depends on where you get it and what your tolerance level is. XB1 players seem to have major problems bug wise. PS4 players have a lot less problems but some small issues here and there, nothing major on my end. PS3 and 360 players are essentially just patching the game for a game they already bought(DOA5U)

If you have no issues paying for a game that has optional cosmetic DLC, that is a straight up port of an existing PS3/360 game(that looked unimpressive outside of the character models) with the benefit of reduced jaggies and all characters/stages included along with a ton of costumes free on the disk at a 40 dollar price point, then you should buy it.

Personally, i would buy it if you've never played DOA5 before and wanted to see what it is was about only after trying out the F2P version. Otherwise, you have to be pretty invested in the game like me to justify the upgrade.

ShinMaruku

Xbox version seems fucked. PC ain't lookin good folks. That said love the changes love the new moves. Now they should take feedback and put together doa 6 post haste.

Hubb

Playing on PS4 and I am happy with it. Granted I am just going the f2p route. Thanks to the free give-away characters I have everybody I want (outside of Helena) and if I really want her I'll fork over the $4. Haven't gotten a chance to play online though and probably wont until Friday/weekend.

vato_loco

Thanks to this thread I found out there's a Core Fighters version. Already downloaded and enjoying.

Question: when you win/lose a fight, you can freely move the camera around, but on this one, I can't seem to zoom in like before. Am I missing something?

Since the game is not in the UK until friday I logged into the US store on xbox and started downloading the core pack free version.

5 hours and 25% complete, super slow download :(

eMpTy23

Xbox version seems fucked. PC ain't lookin good folks. That said love the changes love the new moves. Now they should take feedback and put together doa 6 post haste.

Actually, the public reaction from X1 players has me more optimistic about the PC version. They won't want to mess up again so soon, and it was already rumored LR was coming in hot.

There are zero rumors about the PC version, and KT actually pushed it back unlike console versions.

It depends on where you get it and what your tolerance level is. XB1 players seem to have major problems bug wise. PS4 players have a lot less problems but some small issues here and there, nothing major on my end. PS3 and 360 players are essentially just patching the game for a game they already bought(DOA5U)

If you have no issues paying for a game that has optional cosmetic DLC, that is a straight up port of an existing PS3/360 game(that looked unimpressive outside of the character models) with the benefit of reduced jaggies and all characters/stages included along with a ton of costumes free on the disk at a 40 dollar price point, then you should buy it.

Personally, i would buy it if you've never played DOA5 before and wanted to see what it is was about only after trying out the F2P version. Otherwise, you have to be pretty invested in the game like me to justify the upgrade.

Well it's gonna be the ps4 version, and I haven't played since vanilla, and I don't have the ps3 anymore so there's a ton of new characters and costumes for me

Hubb

Actually, the public reaction from X1 players has me more optimistic about the PC version. They won't want to mess up again so soon, and it was already rumored LR was coming in hot.

There are zero rumors about the PC version, and KT actually pushed it back unlike console versions.

Not even worth trying to convince Shin. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks the PC version is going to be canceled.

Kaibutsu

Gah, this entire thing has just been one big cluster fuck. So I have the disc version of Last Round for the PS4 coming in the mail because I forgot to cancel the preorder but I also own DoA 5 Ultimate (disc) on PS3 and I bought that stupid Core Fighters pack with everything unlocked and a bunch of DLC back when they had it cheap on PSN , I can't keep track of what dlc I own honestly. My questions are 1) How much is it up to upgrade DOA5U to Last Round on PS3? 2) Since I bought the all the characters/dlc from the core fighters bundle on PS3 will all that stuff be free downloads on the PS4?... I just confused myself typing all that shit out. Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's better for me to keep the $29 PS4 disc I have coming or will I be able to get most of that shit from everything I've already bought? Arrggh, fuck you Koei Tecmo

Vazra

Gah, this entire thing has just been one big cluster fuck. So I have the disc version of Last Round for the PS4 coming in the mail because I forgot to cancel the preorder but I also own DoA 5 Ultimate (disc) on PS3 and I bought that stupid Core Fighters pack with everything unlocked and a bunch of DLC back when they had it cheap on PSN , I can't keep track of what dlc I own honestly. My questions are 1) How much is it up to upgrade DOA5U to Last Round on PS3? 2) Since I bought the all the characters/dlc from the core fighters bundle on PS3 will all that stuff be free downloads on the PS4?... I just confused myself typing all that shit out. Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's better for me to keep the $29 PS4 disc I have coming or will I be able to get most of that shit from everything I've already bought? Arrggh, fuck you Koei Tecmo

Last Round patch is free on PS3 but you have to buy the new characters. IIRC the bundle of characters didnt included Marie Rose, Phase 4 and Nyotengu so add that to the mix with Honoka and Raidou. The 3 character pack of MR,P4 and NT was $32 with the outfits. and add to that Honoka 7.99 and 7.99 for Raidou and you get 48ish maybe more since Im not entirely sure if Im on point with the prices. I dont know if there is a bundle for those 5 but I do remember the 3 character bundle.

EDIT: Just looked up PSN and this only shows up https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-B000000000000763 10.99 for Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Phase 4 without the costumes it seems. Dont find the bundle that had the outfits too.

Hubb

It is probably NOT worth it to keep the disk. DoA5U PS3 --> DoALR PS3 is a free upgrade. If you already unlocked all the characters in Core Fighters they should carry over (they did for me). I did not buy them in the bundle, but I don't see why that would matter.

If you want to test it, download Core Fighters on PS4 and see if all the DLC/Characters come up free (they should). I see no reason for you to keep the disc unless you want a physical copy of it.

Last Round patch is free on PS3 but you have to buy the new characters. IIRC the bundle of characters didnt included Marie Rose, Phase 4 and Nyotengu so add that to the mix with Honoka and Raidou. The 3 character pack of MR,P4 and NT was $32 with the outfits. and add to that Honoka 7.99 and 7.99 for Raidou and you get 48ish maybe more since Im not entirely sure if Im on point with the prices. I dont know if there is a bundle for those 5 but I do remember the 3 character bundle.

Forgot about the new characters.

Kaibutsu

Ah ok, I didn't buy Marie Rose, Phase 4 and Nyotengu since they weren't included in the bundle. So it looks like if I want those characters plus Honoka & Raidou it's better for me to keep the disc I got for $29...

Kaibutsu

It is probably NOT worth it to keep the disk. DoA5U PS3 --> DoALR PS3 is a free upgrade. If you already unlocked all the characters in Core Fighters they should carry over (they did for me). I did not buy them in the bundle, but I don't see why that would matter.

If you want to test it, download Core Fighters on PS4 and see if all the DLC/Characters come up free (they should). I see no reason for you to keep the disc unless you want a physical copy of it.

Forgot about the new characters.

Yeah, same. I never bought the new characters starting with marie rose so it seems like the disc will be cheaper than buying them all

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
It really sucks how they nickel and dime with all the costumes. More of them should've been included, at least the new characters should have had more it sucks how they just have defaults.

SkylineRKR

My experience on PS4 has been very positive. I've got about 3 hours of play in and the only issue I had was the game freezing after completing arcade mode. It did this to me like 3 or 4 times in the course of my 3 hours and forced me to close the app and restart. Not a huge deal, just a bit of a pain at times. Stops my broadcast, that's the only thing about it that bugs me.

Otherwise, its been a great time and I really dig it.

I don't think it even freezes. I have to wait about 10 seconds and can continue.

Vazra

Ah ok, I didn't buy Marie Rose, Phase 4 and Nyotengu since they weren't included in the bundle. So it looks like if I want those characters plus Honoka & Raidou it's better for me to keep the disc I got for $29...

Just checked PSN on the PS3 and you can get the 5 characters for 14.49!!!!

Enter PSN Store from the game.

EDIT: If you buy the set + their outfits its 40 tho. ROFL!

Inuhanyou

That 'freezing' issue was also present on PS3/360, just wait for about 10 to 15 seconds or so, you should be able to get the game to respond

Well it's gonna be the ps4 version, and I haven't played since vanilla, and I don't have the ps3 anymore so there's a ton of new characters and costumes for me

PS4 version is pretty much fine, and if you haven't played since the original game, there's tons more content like new levels, unlockable costumes and new characters right on the disk, plus you can use any soundtrack in the DOA franchise in every level from the options menu, something they omitted in vanilla. So if those things are worth it to you, its a worthy upgrade.

Go for it.

Skilletor

It really sucks how they nickel and dime with all the costumes. More of them should've been included, at least the new characters should have had more it sucks how they just have defaults.

There's like 300+ outfits on the disc, lol.

The new characters have 4 or 5 outfits each.

DarkOneX

Got mine and tried during lunch, not sure what some peeps talking about it not looking that great it looks just great to me! Sure it's not "next gen" quality as it could be but hell how many games truly have been at this point? It's definitely more than passable. One thing I coudln't figure out is how to transfer my PS3 save? I updated the PS3 version to Final Round and then went to the save game management and copied my saves to the cloud, there were 2 labelled Last Round system data and those were the ones I copied. Then figured up the PS4 one and tried to import the saves and it said they weren't found? Went ahead and continued anyway, not sure it's worth boterhing though I did open a bunch of costumes on the PS3 one so kinda don't wanna have to do that again.

Hubb

Got mine and tried during lunch, not sure what some peeps talking about it not looking that great it looks just great to me! Sure it's not "next gen" quality as it could be but hell how many games truly have been at this point? It's definitely more than passable. One thing I coudln't figure out is how to transfer my PS3 save? I updated the PS3 version to Final Round and then went to the save game management and copied my saves to the cloud, there were 2 labelled Last Round system data and those were the ones I copied. Then figured up the PS4 one and tried to import the saves and it said they weren't found? Went ahead and continued anyway, not sure it's worth boterhing though I did open a bunch of costumes on the PS3 one so kinda don't wanna have to do that again.

Yeah you don't do it from the cloud. They have their own system in place where you actually uploaded it from PS3 LR main menu and for whatever reason, not from the cloud.

DarkOneX

Yeah you don't do it from the cloud. They have their own system in place where you actually uploaded it from PS3 LR main menu and for whatever reason, not from the cloud.

Oh I see, so am I screwed now that I already started the game on PS4?

fernoca

I already had the story mode, songs and all characters except the 3 last ones on the PS3 version of Core.

By buying the 3 characters ($12) and everything else I already owned (which was marked as free), along the Core version of Last Round on PS4 I am now playing the "full game" and earning trophies too.

So, no need to spend $40 in my case. And the costumes I want already own them while can unlock the rest i want while playing. :p

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Anyone else unable to play arcade mode due to immediate crash after selecting a character? I've tried deleting my save game and reapplying the PS3 one; hasn't fixed it at all.

Vlaphor

Enjoying core fighters on PS4 so far, tempted to start buying characters (has already bought Nyotengu, Marie Rose, and Phase 4) and in fact, I have purchased Rachel (my main)...but I don't want to buy anything else. I the Steam version paid off, and if that version is a crappy port, then I should be able to find the PS4 version at a discount.

Still really want to buy Tina and Christie....

Also, it was kinda funny that after I went through and activated all my dlc through the PS4 store, I got an email for each one thanking me for the purchase.

Ennosuke

What is wrong with my xbox one disc version? When I try installing it, it makes strange noises and nothing happens besides putting 30 dlcs in my installing queue.

Trying it right now with downloading the trial, but I guess this won't work.

Chastten

Banned
And... I'm screwed.

Did the free update on X360 this morning. When I started the game later today I had lost all my progress on Ultimate. :( Ow well, that'll teach me for trying to play a game on launch day.

Xenocthul

I was a little worried the weather would delay the delivery but my PS4 copy finally showed up. So I guess it's time to start unlocking costumes.

Top Bottom