• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I heard you can turn off Throwdowns and the game wont crash so much.

At least thats what I did on ultimate when you are selecting Singles or Tag press square and you should see the settings changing for the Throwdowns.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just as a note to those who mention detail = panties / bra.. on Pai, in her outfit with the jean shorts, it changes stockings. (By the lack of straps on her back, you could say she's braless actually.)

Anyone know if any others have detail changes like this?

Also note Nyotengu has more hairstyles, since some of hers have the tengu mask. And Ayane (and others I assume) get with / without mask "hairstyles" for the Ninja 2015 looks.

Ferr986

Well, after trying the Core Fighters demo, and taking into acount I'm more of a Soul Calibur guy... I kind of liking this, even if it has some annoyances. I also think it's better than DOA4 (as far as I remember, its ben a shit load of time since i last played it).

I still dont understand why the girls are having an orgasm when they are defeated though lol

ShinAmano

So...I went to delete the save for X1 so I could download the 360 save...did all that and still no costumes unlocked...on top of that the 360 now shows no costumes unlocked...

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK?

Team Ninja you need to fix this...just unlock all costumes and call it a day.

Mark5130

I find it a little annoying that there is a bunch of Tecmo copyright mumbo jumbo stamped on the photos that you take. Is there any way to get rid of this or edit it out?

Savitar

Having fun with the Ps4 version of the game, playing through the story mode. Yes some of us actually do like to play a fighting game to see what happens in the story! I like how there are actually some friendships in the game, they are actually you know, believable. Even if some might cry heresy really like the english voices, they did good work there. Once done with the story mode going to go unlock some of those costumes.

If I had a gripe about the game so far it's you can tell it's a last gen game slightly more pretty, the characters look pretty good but a lot of the stages don't have the wow factor like the previous games did. You can tell that touch of quality the previous games had just isn't here, again you can blame it's a last gen game for the most part but graphic capability it's always been one of the best looking games. Here just don't feel it at all. Especially where certain textures and all are concerned.

mdsfx

so I have the Xbox one version and I'm about to play it. Is there anything I need to know or do first before I put the disc in the console? it might be a funny question, but I'm actually a little scared. Lol

That 'freezing' issue was also present on PS3/360, just wait for about 10 to 15 seconds or so, you should be able to get the game to respond

PS4 version is pretty much fine, and if you haven't played since the original game, there's tons more content like new levels, unlockable costumes and new characters right on the disk, plus you can use any soundtrack in the DOA franchise in every level from the options menu, something they omitted in vanilla. So if those things are worth it to you, its a worthy upgrade.

Go for it.

cool went ahead and did it

I also figure I might as well make the ps4 the fighting games box so the more games obviously the better

Squire

Banned
Did they upgrade the cloth/hair physics in this? They did, right? I feel like I'm noticing them more and I really like them.

Well, after trying the Core Fighters demo, and taking into acount I'm more of a Soul Calibur guy... I kind of liking this, even if it has some annoyances. I also think it's better than DOA4 (as far as I remember, its ben a shit load of time since i last played it).

I still dont understand why the girls are having an orgasm when they are defeated though lol

All the taunts are sexual innuendos as well.

dreamfall

Got my Save Data transferred successfully, transferred most of my old DLC except Hot Getaway for some reason. Almost ready to start diving in, a Tom of set-up just to transfer all those DLC licenses!

Timu

so I have the Xbox one version and I'm about to play it. Is there anything I need to know or do first before I put the disc in the console? it might be a funny question, but I'm actually a little scared. Lol
Have your game patched and set throwdowns to decline.

I haven't played a DoA game in ages, but I found out about the free version of this in the store. So this game is pretty good, and it really surprised me. The full version is somewhat tempting now.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I haven't played a DoA game in ages, but I found out about the free version of this in the store. So this game is pretty good, and it really surprised me. The full version is somewhat tempting now.

If you havent played DOA5, this is the best place to jump in. All characters on disk, tons of costumes already on disk, all stages on disk and all soundtracks on disk as well. Plus since your not coming from anywhere, no transfer bullshit to deal with :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you havent played DOA5, this is the best place to jump in. All characters on disk, tons of costumes already on disk, all stages on disk and all soundtracks on disk as well. Plus since your not coming from anywhere, no transfer bullshit to deal with :D

when people keep saying 'on disk', you mean in the full digital download too right? I know it sounds a silly question, but so much of how this game slots together makes no sense at all - upgrades from that version to this, some having DLC built in, some not.

Do you still need to download the stupid catalogues to get additional costumes, or was that left behind with PS3?

The way they handle the DLC transfer for this seems awful (largely because the DOA5 -> DOA5U transfer was terrible). The Ultimate stuff appears to be crossbuy with Last Round but the DOA5 just disappears (since its on my PS3 and Last Round is on my PS4). Unless all the DOA5 stuff is included (I don't think is but I may be wrong ?) ?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
when people keep saying 'on disk', you mean in the full digital download too right? I know it sounds a silly question, but so much of how this game slots together makes no sense at all - upgrades from that version to this, some having DLC built in, some not.

Do you still need to download the stupid catalogues to get additional costumes, or was that left behind with PS3?

You still need to. But yes, Dead Or Alive LR digital version should come with the same content as the disk version. People are just frustrated transferring content from last gen and core fighters

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Do you think we should make a new thread about the game deleting saves? Seems like a big thing and some users might not come into this thread.

Astral

Yo defense is hard as fuck for me. I can almost never see lows coming and I can hardly see the difference between highs and lows.

Not even 10 seconds into my first match against the AI and the game crashes to the home screen.

WTF is up with this gen. I'm not even sure why i get games at launch at this point.

See you all in a few patches.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I was going to get the game at launch, now that I have read a lot of you guys saying the game crashes I don't feel so confident anymore. I rather just wait it out if they patch it or not or is it at least playable?

Hubb

I was going to get the game at launch, now that I have read a lot of you guys saying the game crashes I don't feel so confident anymore. I rather just wait it out if they patch it or not or is it at least playable?

Sounds like Xbox has it worse. I am playing on PS4 and only once has it hung at the end of an arcade round and I needed to restart.

Kssio_Aug

I was having crashes until I disabled the "throwdown" option in the Versus modes. After that I played at about 15 story mode fights and certainly at about 10 fights in versus against the CPU with no problems at all.

With the throwdown option enabled (that allows people to send you invites during Versus modes) I was having lots of crashes though. That feature needs a patch indeed.

XB1 version here, btw. And have only played offline matches.

Top Bottom