• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

slop101

Banned
Jesus...I just checked their twitter. There are like 40 warning tweets about how, when, and what to install. Are you kidding me? This game is as high maintenance as its characters...
I saw that, but it seems like it's all for the Xbox version. There was too much on their feed to see, but is there any warnings about the PS4 version? That's the version I'm having trouble with.

Man, it's one thing for brand new games to be buggy, but this game's practically just a port with some DLC.

Numb

Really like buying only the characters you want to play.
I only have interest in playing Raidou and no one else.
If i could buy Potemkin and King Dedede without buying the entire game i would.
More fighting games should follow in the footsteps of DOA and KI.
I wonder if they would let you buy characters that can become other characters per round like Mokujin or Edgemaster?

DarkOneX

Those costumes that show a lock on them and say "not downloaded yet" have to be purchased? I thought this game had a crapload of costumes built in, from what I can see it's barely more than the Ultimate version had if those others have to be bought :( Love the game though, good upgrade in visuals I think, runs great too, happy with my purchase regardless of the costume shock.

Kei-

Those costumes that show a lock on them and say "not downloaded yet" have to be purchased? I thought this game had a crapload of costumes built in, from what I can see it's barely more than the Ultimate version had if those others have to be bought :( Love the game though, good upgrade in visuals I think, runs great too, happy with my purchase regardless of the costume shock.

I have the core fighters version and Ayane has 12 costumes unlocked for free, and 10 more you can unlock making it 22 total costumes for free. I'd say that's pretty generous. Not sure what the ultimate version gave you.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I still really miss co-op tag team battle. And I actually find DOA A.I. to still be pretty good. Most fighter A.I in modern years isn't fun at all. I kinda hate what the demand for online has done to the old reliable features of games sometimes. :-/

Yo I STILL have to unlock costumes? Why? Why? WHY?!?

Because unlocks are a draw to getting players to experience the fullness of a game, an incentive to play in a variety of ways.

HOWEVER! If you're impatient or strapped for time, you can turn on an *exibition* mode that lets you use all unlocks temporarily. Might lock achievements while active, not sure.

DarkOneX

I have the core fighters version and Ayane has 12 costumes unlocked for free, and 10 more you can unlock making it 22 total costumes for free. I'd say that's pretty generous. Not sure what the ultimate version gave you.

Are these all unlocked in game or are there free ones I need to go out and download?

MMaRsu

Downloaded the core version for free from the us store. Lots o fun to be had :). Didnt know there was a f2p version out.

ryan13ts

It's always great when you take a plunge on a new game, only to find it's broken almost right out the gate. Got the X1 version and like many of you guys, I can't search for an online game without it crashing everytime. Fortunately, I've had no issue with any of the offline modes yet, but it's still very irritating since I got this mainly to play online.
Usually I'd have looked up OT's or other sources of info before buying, but since it's DOA (My favorite fighting series), I said what the hell and bought blindly.

I'm assuming a patch will be coming very soon to fix these major issues? I seriously don't know how Tecmo could NOT have known about a glaring bug like this before releasing it. It just reeks of "Ship it broken and we'll fix it down the road if we have to", a trend that's becoming a little too common here recently with bigger titles.

Also, does anyone know if iniviting a friend directly into a created room causes the crashing problems as well. If not, any X1 owners that would like to play are more than welcome to add me. My gamertag is HTC00, just let me know through pm or otherwise if you add me.

Dubz

Bought the digital 40 dollar version on PS4 and everything is locked except for versus mode and training. What do?

EDIT: still installing. Oh we'll of to training.

Foolius

Survival, Time Trial, and Arcade modes all crash the game for me. I just want to play some DoA :(

There's a descent fix on the PS4 for those that brought over their PS3 save. I discovered that deleting the save, relaunching the game and declining the PS3 save import allowed me to access Arcade, Survival, and Time Trial without crashing. All my DLC remained intact but I did lose all the costumes I unlocked through gameplay progression.

Coda

How long does it take for the other modes to install? I just have the free version for now and it seems like all I have is Fight and Training modes but it made it seem like Online was an option too.

Hubb

How long does it take for the other modes to install? I just have the free version for now and it seems like all I have is Fight and Training modes but it made it seem like Online was an option too.

3.6 to be able to access what you are accessing. About 10gigs for the whole thing to be useable (including online). Go to the PS4 home screen and hover over the game icon. Press Options, and go to Information and it'll tell you how far along you are.

I tried one ranked match, 1 bar, person was wireless, and it was...not good.

Are you East/West/Central?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

In most characters cases, there are more than twice as many costumes for packed for Last Round day 1 as Ultimate day 1, many of those from ultimate's DLC packs, some of which i foolishly bought :(

Infact, the costumes free on disk for LR is more than 2 Ultimate's amount, which was by far the game with the most content for a long time. I think it just may not seem like a lot because the costume select screen annoyingly has the DLC icons in there too, which many are locked off

Skilletor

3.6 to be able to access what you are accessing. About 10gigs for the whole thing to be useable (including online). Go to the PS4 home screen and hover over the game icon. Press Options, and go to Information and it'll tell you how far along you are.

Are you East/West/Central?

I'm Central. Live in CO.

Note: That I don't expect a 1 bar wireless connection to be any good. lol

Hubb

I'm Central. Live in CO.

Note: That I don't expect a 1 bar wireless connection to be any good. lol

Yeah I didn't expect anything to think it would be a good connection. I was more interested in seeing what my connection was like for someone on the West coast (I'm East). Don't have a whole lot of time before I am heading to bed (10 minutes), was just hoping to hop in a quick match to test the connection.

It'll be even more interesting to see what the connection strength is with EU.

DarkOneX

In most characters cases, there are more than twice as many costumes for packed for Last Round day 1 as Ultimate day 1, many of those from ultimate's DLC packs, some of which i foolishly bought :(

Infact, the costumes free on disk for LR is more than 2 Ultimate's amount, which was by far the game with the most content for a long time. I think it just may not seem like a lot because the costume select screen annoyingly has the DLC icons in there too, which many are locked off

Ya played some more and unlocked some more, I think you are right it just seems like there's not a lot but really there is a ton, great game so far no issues, PS4 version.

Question, do I need to buy Honkers and Mecha Raidou to use them on the PS4 version? I just updated my PS3 copy, but see that they are locked.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Question, do I need to buy Honkers and Mecha Raidou to use them on the PS4 version? I just updated my PS3 copy, but see that they are locked.

If you purchase the PS4 Disc Version or Full Digital version you dont need to purchase them. On the F2P version you would have to pay for them.

Yo I STILL have to unlock costumes? Why? Why? WHY?!?

I love that this is in the game. Some costumes are pretty bad and better left unlocked.
There are a small number of fan ones I really like. It was good of TN to give those to us for free. I think Tinas cowboy one with the chaps is the best one. It reminds me of Christina Aguilera. I really like Phase 4's "lab experiment" costume too. Nice details in the texturing and the bracelets and cables look sweet. I wish it showed off more T&A though.
I also noticed moves like Tinas shoulder charge (4, 6p) and Lisas big luchador throw both end with those cinimatic slow-mo ko's when you finish an opponent with them. I love slow-mo ko's in this game :)

Costume question, I purchased a retail copy of LR for PS4 and have downloaded the free Honoka and Marie DLC packs but I see there's about 300 dlc costume add-ons available for purchase..how do I know which I don't own so I can purchase them to have a complete set?

Game doesn't seem to work with the usb music player on ps4. :(

DAMN

I love that this is in the game. Some costumes are pretty bad and better left unlocked.
There are a small number of fan ones I really like. It was good of TN to give those to us for free. I think Tinas cowboy one with the chaps is the best one. It reminds me of Christina Aguilera. I really like Phase 4's "lab experiment" costume too. Nice details in the texturing and the bracelets and cables look sweet. I wish it showed off more T&A though.
I also noticed moves like Tinas shoulder charge (4, 6p) and Lisas big luchador throw both end with those cinimatic slow-mo ko's when you finish an opponent with them. I love slow-mo ko's in this game :)

Cowboy with chaps? Yum lol, looking forward to sinking my teeth in when I can.

Dubz

Crashes on me when I search for ranked matches on PS4. Maybe not a crash, but a never ending search with no way to back out.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Anyone know how many GB "Core Fighters" on PS4 is (the free one?). I'd love to give this a try before I pick this up, I want to see if the graphics really got an overhaul or if it's just "PS3 upscaled", not huge into DoA but I like the new female boss and I like Jann Lee and Helena

Astral

I really, REALLY hate Marie Rose. Her design, her attitude, her fighting style, everything. I get so much pleasure beating her up.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Anyone know how many GB "Core Fighters" on PS4 is (the free one?). I'd love to give this a try before I pick this up, I want to see if the graphics really got an overhaul or if it's just "PS3 upscaled", not huge into DoA but I like the new female boss and I like Jann Lee and Helena

The graphics did not get an overhaul and it is the last gen game in 1080p. You should be able to tell that from screenshots alone

It's Hayate, Hayabusa, Ayane, and Kasumi. Other than that I don't know as I haven't played yet, it's about 10 GB and won't let you play Story mode.

So there is a F2P version? What does it come with?

From my earlier post,

Yeah, it's called the Core Fighters pack, can play online and stuff but no Story mode. Haven't played myself yet as I'm studying so can't tell specifics.

I don't know about Evo and all that though, hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can chime in.

Top Bottom