• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Unless I am missing something, related to pricing on PSN:

- The full DOA5 Last Round game is $39.95
- The full character unlock for the Core Fighters version is $50
- And the story unlock for Core Fighters is $13.99

So.... if I wanted all the characters, and story mode, it's pointless to buy the unlocks for Core Fighters isn't it? Way cheaper to buy the normal digital edition at $39.95?

DR2K

Banned

So.... if I wanted all the characters, and story mode, it's pointless to buy the unlocks for Core Fighters isn't it? Way cheaper to buy the normal digital edition at $39.95?

Yes. Just buy the full version if you want more than a handful of characters and modes.

DR2K

Banned
You would have thought Team Ninja would have higher resolution versions of those ground textures on a hard drive somewhere...

Some were updated. Others were left alone. Lost world looks tragic, but Tokyo looks much better. Some stages also got little subtle updates as well.

Home has a really neat fog effect I'm just noticing.

Griss

Hokay. Ninja Dog pricing schemes.

Well, it wouldn't make any sense if it was the reverse, would it? You get a discount for buying in bulk. Core Fighters is great for those who want to either try the game or know that they only use a couple of characters and have no interest in / have already beaten story mode. The full game is for most of the real DoA fans. I think having the choice is great.

Well, it wouldn't make any sense if it was the reverse, would it? You get a discount for buying in bulk. Core Fighters is great for those who want to either try the game or know that they only use a couple of characters and have no interest in / have already beaten story mode. The full game is for most of the real DoA fans. I think having the choice is great.

Agreed, wish more of them did it this way.

Is there any way to find out the connection quality rating the game's giving me? Because I'm preeeeeettttty sure my Wi-Fi is speedy as fuck, but I've been getting cancellations.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there any way to find out the connection quality rating the game's giving me? Because I'm preeeeeettttty sure my Wi-Fi is speedy as fuck, but I've been getting cancellations.

Ranked mode? If someone matches you it should show you both each of your connections with theirs?

ShinMaruku

Loving the new changes. They are oh so good. Was watching some really good players. When Phase 4 is played right, you see it. She plays completely different from all the characters and kills you in 2 combos.

Sarahs fan designed space costume looks really good too. I NEVER though Sarah could look good in this game (her broad shoulders and height always bothered me before), but now she does, thanks to this great space costume. I hope she is as much fun to use as Akira.

OMG Raidou is amazing! I think I'm gonna have to learn him.

I want to play Raidou mainly for his EWGF, but I am holding off on buying him until I have more info about the PC version. He looks fun.

jbug617

Banned
Is the download for the XB1 (disc) suppose to be weird? I got so many things in my queue. Seems like all the characters are installing separately or something.

I can't for the life of me figure out where the showstopper costumes are

I can check the download list and they all say installed, but I can't find them in the game on any character, they don't even show up in the preview as "not yet downloaded" they just aren't there at all

They're all greyed out and I can't reinstall any of them either :/

The online is better, I must admit.

Does anyone even bother with Ranked though? Finding matches takes forever. Jesus.
Not only that, but if you don't find an opponent and try to exit, then the menu hangs and you have to restart the whole game T__T

And now I'm getting more cancels than accepts. What the fuck is going onnnnnn with this shittttttt

DR2K

Banned
I get tons of matches when I turn on the fight request feature and go into training mode. I've only crashed once.

Skilletor

Online is definitely better, but there are some stages that cause a lot of slowdown online. Makes it feel like the game is running at like 45fps or something.

last night I got my ass handed to me during what I think is the final fight in story mode
since I was playing though that mode non-stop for hours I gave up my hands were tiredly smashing

I wonder if I'll get good enough to beat it got close but felt punishing I am bad at avoiding getting hit

this is my second DOA the 3DS game was thing first so it did not teach me much

Spinoff90

I can't for the life of me figure out where the showstopper costumes are

I can check the download list and they all say installed, but I can't find them in the game on any character, they don't even show up in the preview as "not yet downloaded" they just aren't there at all

They're all greyed out and I can't reinstall any of them either :/

Sounds like you still need to download the costume catalogs. There are three of those as far as I recall which will be on the store for free. They contain the preorder costumes which are not on the disc or part of the core fighters download like all the other costumes. So you need to download them and not just the license unlocks.

Yep, Live from Playstation is not kind to this game.

The two highest-viewed streams quit because of the rank lobby freezing on the "Connecting..."

So much cringe hearing the streamers totally rage for life five minutes before just giving up. Not a good look, Team Ninja

DR2K

Banned
Yep, Live from Playstation is not kind to this game.

The two highest-viewed streams quit because of the rank lobby freezing on the "Connecting..."

So much cringe hearing the streamers totally rage for life five minutes before just giving up. Not a good look, Team Ninja

Yeah that's happened to me once or twice. Ironically this is the most playable it's ever been for me. So I'm a little pissed at Team Ninja, but at the same time I'm actually able to play with the better netcode and match making.

http://youtu.be/3XXDtPq270A

I'm really loving Christies new look. The new tron outfit is very cool looking.

Anyone on Gaf want to play?

fernoca

I think you're missing more than 230 lol.
???
There are around 280 costumes in that link. Confirmed them in my "core-upgraded edition". :p

Then add the included ones by default and it's "over 300", which is what this edition claims to have.

There's still a ton which wasn't included and needs to be purchased.

Mesharey

???
There are around 280 costumes in that link. Confirmed them in my "core-upgraded edition". :p

Then add the included ones by default and it's "over 300", which is what this edition claims to have.

There's still a ton which wasn't included and needs to be purchased.
I think I saw yesterday the remaining costumes can be bought for 92.99$, it includes Halloween 2013 & 2014, police costumes, towels, Christmas 2014 and so much more that weren't included in DOA5 LS. :p

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I was having crashes until I disabled the "throwdown" option in the Versus modes. After that I played at about 15 story mode fights and certainly at about 10 fights in versus against the CPU with no problems at all.

With the throwdown option enabled (that allows people to send you invites during Versus modes) I was having lots of crashes though. That feature needs a patch indeed.

XB1 version here, btw. And have only played offline matches.

Thanks for clarifying. I have the Xbox One too. I hope this gets patch. Not that I like background matchmaking.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

it almost feels like the reverse though - the real fans will have their favourite characters so could get those through core fighters + DLC for less than the full game. Newcomers won't know if they have any favourites unless they can try them out, so they'll potentially be wary of buying any DLC.

They should let you try each character at least a couple of times for free before buying

Is the download for the XB1 (disc) suppose to be weird? I got so many things in my queue. Seems like all the characters are installing separately or something.

oh god this would completely fuck up the PSN download list if you have a bunch of DLC, right?

fernoca

I think I saw yesterday the remaining costumes can be bought for 92.99$, it includes Halloween 2013 & 2014, police costumes, towels, Christmas 2014 and so much more that weren't included in DOA5 LS. :p
That, yeah. A ton. :p
Glad I'm just happy with what I have
and the guys in swimsuit!
.:p

danowat

Banned
I'm confused.

The Core Fighters version is (supposedly) F2P?, appears that, outside of Germany, it's free on the UK PSN, but on the Xbox one store it's 4.99? is this right?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm confused.

The Core Fighters version is (supposedly) F2P?, appears that, outside of Germany, it's free on the UK PSN, but on the Xbox one store it's 4.99? is this right?

Correct. Xbox One version IDK how they explained it. The Xbox one version gives you 4 more characters for those 4.99 tho.

Ferr986

Theres suposedly some preorder outfits for the new characters if you preorder though PSN on Europe, yet I dont see the game for preordering/preload in the store.
This costume preorder thingy depending on differents retailers is confusing as fuck.

it almost feels like the reverse though - the real fans will have their favourite characters so could get those through core fighters + DLC for less than the full game. Newcomers won't know if they have any favourites unless they can try them out, so they'll potentially be wary of buying any DLC.

They should let you try each character at least a couple of times for free before buying.
That's why they put characters on a rotated unlock for a limited time. Ninjas are permanently free. Then at least an additional 2 go on timed unlock every couple or more weeks. It allows the F2P users to eventually experience all the fighters over a long period of time, perhaps urging them into eventually buying one or more that they would like to own permanently.

It's a good system.

Constantly amazed how many people don't know about the F2P version. Defo making me wanna write an article for the game up soon. Hopefully give it a little more attention.

Top Bottom