• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any pics? She's one of the only character designs I like in the game.
Dead-or-Alive-5-last-round-costumes-01.jpg

I haven't played this since vanilla, and I thought it was just ok then. This version though is fantastic, I don't know if it's the culmination of a lot of little things adding up to make it this much better, but it is. This is just a tier below VF.

The online performance is great. The pricing structure is perfect for online, too. It's pretty cool that you can just grab the free version and invest very little to get into it.

mdsfx

HEY LET'S FIGHT BECAUSE WHY NOT

COOL YOU JUST BROKE MY ARM

LET'S BE FRIENDS
Lol...I couldn't have said it better :)

As funny as it sounds, I play mostly fighting games but enjoy single player quite a bit, almost never playing online. Im sure that sounds ridiculous, but I love tinkering with the fighting system more than playing versus.

Stanng243

So I'm a little confused on this: If I have Dead Or Alive Ultimate on the PS3, does any of the characters transfer to the new game, or is it just the seperate dlc I've bought?

Skilletor

So I'm a little confused on this: If I have Dead Or Alive Ultimate on the PS3, does any of the characters transfer to the new game, or is it just the seperate dlc I've bought?

Onlyl DLC you've bought. If you're buying the disc version of Last Round, it comes with all of the characters.

Stanng243

Onlyl DLC you've bought. If you're buying the disc version of Last Round, it comes with all of the characters.

Thank you. I'll buy it digitally if I do. I wish there was some kind onforwards/backwards compatibility. Because if I spend the 40$ to get this digitally, if i want all the characters on my PS3, I still need to spend 40$ to get the DOA5LR new Fighters + Debut costume set.

Reading the Core Fighters PS4 description in the PS Store, it does say online play is free.

I need confirmation, though.

Are there any US Core Fighters players here on PS4 that are NOT subscribed to PS+? If yes, can you play online?

Need to know this for when I can download here in UK.

Skilletor

Reading the Core Fighters PS4 description in the PS Store, it does say online play is free.

Are there any US Core Fighters players here on PS4 that are NOT subscribed to PS+? If yes, can you play online?

Damn...I wish I could check for you. That would be awesome if so.

MMaRsu

Ill try this with my other account

Ferr986

Well, yesterday I did a new US account just for Core Fighters (IM from EU and couldn't wait till tomorrow to try it) and I can play online.

EDIT:

Doesn't having an account on the same system mean online play is free for all accounts on that system, though? Would probably need to try on a system that has no PS+ accounts at all.

Well, didn't know that. My main EU account does have PS+

Well, yesterday I did a new US account just for Core Fighters (IM from EU and couldnt wait till tomorrow to try it) and I can play online.

As above, does your EU account have PS+ though?

I'm sure even if one of your accounts on the same system (US or EU) has PS+, it will activate online play for all accounts on that system.

That's why I'm hoping someone who doesn't have PS+ on any account can test.

Edit: Ah, caught your edit late.

I'm fairly certain I'm right on that, so just want a guaranteed answer from someone with no PS+ on any accounts if possible.

stn

So, I'm missing the "LR Catalog 01" on the 360. I looked all over the XBL market and couldn't find it. I'm now afraid to start the game for fear of losing my save. Any word on a patch or solution? Thanks.

Skilletor

As above, does your EU account have PS+ though?

I'm sure even if one of your accounts on the same system (US or EU) has PS+, it will activate online play for all accounts on that system.

That's why I'm hoping someone who doesn't have PS+ on any account can test.

Edit: Ah, caught your edit late.

I'm fairly certain I'm right on that, so just want a guaranteed answer from someone with no PS+ on any accounts if possible.

PS+ doesn't cross regions. I have a US PS+ account and it doesn't give me PS+ on the JP account I've created.

PS+ doesn't cross regions. I have a US PS+ account and it doesn't give me PS+ on the JP account I've created.

Are you 100% sure it doesn't give you online play still, though?

I am certain I've read that you can simply get US PS+ and still play your EU games on your EU account online.

The Cheap Arse Gaffer Europe thread often posts deals for US PS+ for this reason - it matters not which region you own if you just want to play online.

I'll have to check.

Sounds like you still need to download the costume catalogs. There are three of those as far as I recall which will be on the store for free. They contain the preorder costumes which are not on the disc or part of the core fighters download like all the other costumes. So you need to download them and not just the license unlocks.

Yeah I have catalogs 2 3 and 4 in my download list, but when I look at which ones the game sees it only shows 2 and4.

I have no god damn idea how to get 3 (or even1?) to show up in game or re download it or whatever. It's just not being seen by the game itself

To clarify, if I go to the dlc menu in game, and I select view downloads, I can see costume catalogs 2-4. If I select costume catalogs in the dlc list(characters, season pass, catalogs) I only see 2 and 4

I do not see any possible solution to have the game read my catalog 3 install

Well it's true that PS+ in general isn't cross-region yeah but online play itself is cross-region, aslong as one master account on the PS4 has PS+, all accounts can play online. That's my knowledge atleast.

Well it's true that PS+ in general isn't cross-region yeah but online play itself is cross-region, aslong as one master account on the PS4 has PS+, all accounts can play online. That's my knowledge atleast.
Yeah, this is what I'm reading from Sony, too.

Sub-accounts can still play online if the primary has PS+ on any region account.

Yeah, and I'm getting confirmation in the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread that this is the case, too. Thought it was.

So yeah, need someone who doesn't have PS+ to test Core Fighters online now lol.

OrochiJR

So, I'm missing the "LR Catalog 01" on the 360. I looked all over the XBL market and couldn't find it. I'm now afraid to start the game for fear of losing my save. Any word on a patch or solution? Thanks.

Don't worry, it seems that there was some kind of mis-naming of the catalogs. I also didn't find a LR Catalog 1, only the 2nd one (~966 mb in size) but made sure to download all of the DoA Ultimate catalogs, and the whole transfer and upload procedure went very smoothly. Just make sure to download the catalogs from the marketplace itself before starting and updating the game and you should be good to go.

So Best Buy delayed my copy until March 1st and wont let me cancel the order online.

looks like im stuck with core fighters for a few more weeks.

Unless I am missing something, related to pricing on PSN:

- The full DOA5 Last Round game is $39.95
- The full character unlock for the Core Fighters version is $50
- And the story unlock for Core Fighters is $13.99

So.... if I wanted all the characters, and story mode, it's pointless to buy the unlocks for Core Fighters isn't it? Way cheaper to buy the normal digital edition at $39.95?

Wow. This has got to be the worst examples I've seen yet of a company hoping to snag a few suckers with really bad alternative pricing schemes. Love this series, but really?

Edit: After giving it a little more thought I suppose it makes sense if all someone wants to do is play a few fighters thru story mode. Otherwise its a bit of a rip-off. But I suppose thats the benefit of the choice.

cwistofu

So Best Buy delayed my copy until March 1st and wont let me cancel the order online.

looks like im stuck with core fighters for a few more weeks.
BB told me my copy would get to me by Feb 25. A little earlier than you, but I'm still kind of irked. I dunno if this is something worth complaining to CS about, but I'm thinking about it.

Online requires PS+.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Wow. This has got to be the worst examples I've seen yet of a company hoping to snag a few suckers with really bad alternative pricing schemes. Love this series, but really?

Edit: After giving it a little more thought I suppose it makes sense if all someone wants to do is play a few fighters thru story mode. Otherwise its a bit of a rip-off. But I suppose thats the benefit of the choice.

From the publishers POV its actually really smart. It makes the full price game seem like a much, much better value proposition.

Top Bottom