• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Skilletor

It's hilarious that people are trying to act like buying things piecemeal at a higher price than in bulk is a ripoff. As if that's not the way it is with any consumer product ever.

Skilletor

『Inaba Resident』;152749148 said:
Does Core Fighters have rotating free characters?
I know of the 4 that come with it but Hitomi and Ein are unlocked as well.

Yeah, it's like two every few weeks.

Went through and changed a ton of music last night. Man those DoA1 and 2 soundtracks. So much nostalgia.

Man, I was pissed to find out that Showstopper & Showstopper Encore weren't the same thing. Why would you name them the same thing? Nothing I wanted less than some costume recolors.

Yes, CF has always been like that.

It's great. Lets the F2P users experience all characters eventually, allowing them to make a choice on which to purchase if they want.

Sure. I actually forgot all about PS+ when I went to play, then the PS+ screen popped up. That's how much I've played online with the PS4.

The store description really does make out otherwise. I have a good mind to get in touch with Koei tbh, because it's very misleading.

This is a free version which allows use of most game modes, including online play. However, only a limited number of playable characters are available, and Story Mode is locked. Other characters and Story Mode are available as separate downloadable content purchases.

UK Store link

ShinAmano

I am so pissed about losing everything from the past two versions...I am not sure if my pre order stuff from 5/ultimate came along. I hope tecmo releases a patch to have all the costumes unlocked since this is ridiculous.

MMaRsu

I used my american psn account which doesnt have + associated with it and I can at least search for opponents

I have + on my main euro account tho.

xion4360

The store description really does make out otherwise. I have a good mind to get in touch with Koei tbh, because it's very misleading.

UK Store link

on that same page.

"*Online multiplayer also requires a PlayStation®Plus subscription."

What do you mean? If it's not behind the PS+ paywall, online play should be free, as it says in the description of the game.

the item is free and online is available with terms stated., so its not misleading.

on that same page.

"*Online multiplayer also requires a PlayStation®Plus subscription."

the item is free and online is available with terms stated., so its not misleading.

This sounds stupid but could you screen grab that part? I cannot see that quote for the life of me. Did a word find and doesn't pick anything up.

You viewing the UK store page? Different for US or other regions perhaps?

Seeing nothing about needing PS+ on there.

xion4360

This sounds stupid but could you screen grab that part? I cannot see that quote for the life of me. Did a word find and doesn't pick anything up.

You viewing the UK store page? Different for US or other regions perhaps?

Seeing nothing about needing PS+ on there.

its does default to the us store for me and I went to my UK account and that wording isnt there.

/sigh

Wasn't getting my hopes up too much, but the fact the UK page doesn't make out you need PS+, and KT Europe said the same thing, made me think it was very possible.

Damn shame.

stn

Don't worry, it seems that there was some kind of mis-naming of the catalogs. I also didn't find a LR Catalog 1, only the 2nd one (~966 mb in size) but made sure to download all of the DoA Ultimate catalogs, and the whole transfer and upload procedure went very smoothly. Just make sure to download the catalogs from the marketplace itself before starting and updating the game and you should be good to go.
Thanks man! Can you confirm that there are 21 DOA U catalogs? Cheers.

xion4360

Yeah I have catalogs 2 3 and 4 in my download list, but when I look at which ones the game sees it only shows 2 and4.

I have no god damn idea how to get 3 (or even1?) to show up in game or re download it or whatever. It's just not being seen by the game itself

To clarify, if I go to the dlc menu in game, and I select view downloads, I can see costume catalogs 2-4. If I select costume catalogs in the dlc list(characters, season pass, catalogs) I only see 2 and 4

I do not see any possible solution to have the game read my catalog 3 install

Some catalogs for LR are not available unless you actually get the content. For example I have catalog 3 (Showstoppers encore) and im willing to bet catalog 1 is ninja or some of the swimsuits, and more catalogs already out but not available for everyone until the pre order DLC is also.

you should have catalog 3, just check if you have christie's black version of her C1 (would be C29, the last one) and youll know its installed.

slop101

Banned
So yeah, uploading/importing my PS3 info to the PS4 version is what fucked up my game and made it constantly crash.

I deleted everything, re-installed the game, updated it, didn't choose the import option, and instead went to the PS shop from the game menu and downloaded everything marked "free". Took a while, but now the game works fine and I have all the DLC carried over.

Some catalogs for LR are not available unless you actually get the content. For example I have catalog 3 (Showstoppers encore) and im willing to bet catalog 1 is ninja or some of the swimsuits, and more catalogs already out but not available for everyone until the pre order DLC is also.

you should have catalog 3, just check if you have christie's black version of her C1 (would be C29, the last one) and youll know its installed.

so wait, the showstopper bikinis and ninja stuff isn't available yet?I put in my preorder code before i installed the game so I assumed it fucked up. I DO have christies c29, I just have to wait for the others to become available for me to use them?

if so, that makes so much more sense and I'm less concerned with missing stuff I should have

OrochiJR

Thanks man! Can you confirm that there are 21 DOA U catalogs? Cheers.

I'm not quite sure there actually are 21... I downloaded many of them in the past, and own most of the DLC, so I had only to check what was missing. What I did yesterday to make sure was to wade through all the 440 something tiles in the Doa5U/LR marketplace section and looked only at the prices while scrolling through and downloaded everything that said "free" (since those were the the catalogs, turned out I was missing only 4 or so). It was a little bit of a chore, but it was worth it to not have my save erased.;)

Pro

Picked this up yesterday from Best Buy (2 days after release). For anyone interested, I was able to still snag the Best Buy Pre-Order Bonus by submitting an Email to some Best Buy Game Support Distro with my receipt PIN and Game/Platform. They Emailed me the code the very next day.

Yeah, this is what I'm reading from Sony, too.

Sub-accounts can still play online if the primary has PS+ on any region account.

Yeah, and I'm getting confirmation in the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread that this is the case, too. Thought it was.

So yeah, need someone who doesn't have PS+ to test Core Fighters online now lol.

Ah okay so it's like I thought too, good to know.

system11

UK store is showing ... absolutely nothing available. Nothing at all, I had plenty of purchased costumes on DOA5U.

Also wouldn't import my PS3 data.

Memory

Any other way to unlock costumes besides arcade mode? I've been doing tag to get two but there are alot of costumes to unlock.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Any other way to unlock costumes besides arcade mode? I've been doing tag to get two but there are alot of costumes to unlock.

Survival, Time attack, winning 10 rounds online with said character.

B-ORHYgCUAAVAkI.jpg

I need an adult... dat twitter compression

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Survival, Time attack, winning 10 rounds online with said character.

B-ORHYgCUAAVAkI.jpg

I need an adult... dat twitter compression

I've gotta say i was iffy on a copy cat character initially, but after playing with her for a bit, Honoka shot to the top of my list of favorite characters to play as.

The combination of moves they used are really good, and i like how she sometimes tries to imitate the person she's copying even down to the noises they make.

Eolz

Oh yeah, how do you unlock Ayane's WO3 music btw? Unlocked Kasumi's with my first time attack, and Ryu seemingly randomly, but don't seem to unlock Ayane yet.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Thanks, havn't tried those modes yet, glad to know they will help unlock more stuff.

Playing on different difficulties for each mode also counts! Also, if you play higher levels of survival, it also increases the amount of characters you will face.

I've gotta say i was iffy on a copy cat character initially, but after playing with her for a bit, Honoka shot to the top of my list of favorite characters to play as.

The combination of moves they used are really good, and i like how she sometimes tries to imitate the person she's copying even down to the noises they make.

Yeah, she's like a greatest hits Frankenstein monster, with the most pandering characteristics ever, >_>

Ninja Dom

Playing on different difficulties for each mode also counts! Also, if you play higher levels of survival, it also increases the amount of characters you will face.

Yeah, she's like a greatest hits Frankenstein monster, with the most pandering characteristics ever, >_>

Excellent, can't wait to play with her.

UK release tomorrow.

DR2K

Banned
This is my first DoA game, I have no idea what to dooooo.

Training mode. Tutorial, command list, and combo challenge. In that order with whatever character.
If I recall correctly Sony said that they won't force PS+ on any F2P game, it's up to the publisher. So blame TK not Sony, it's their weird decision.

I imagine they had to since its playable with people that have to have plus.

Ninja Dom

If you're in the UK, Jann Lee is a free purchase on 5 Ultimate Core Fighters. Go to the Playstation Store within the game menu and then download him there.

AAK

If I recall correctly Sony said that they won't force PS+ on any F2P game, it's up to the publisher. So blame TK not Sony, it's their weird decision.

That doesn't make any sense, why would TK want to impose a restriction on what people who bought the game can experience? And it's not like TK gets a cut of Sony's PS+ subscriber money.

eFKac

That doesn't make any sense, why would TK want to impose a restriction on what people who bought the game can experience? And it's not like TK gets a cut of Sony's PS+ subscriber money.

Well don't ask me, I called it a weird decision myself :p

Top Bottom