• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Mesharey

Survival, Time attack, winning 10 rounds online with said character.

B-ORHYgCUAAVAkI.jpg

I need an adult... dat twitter compression
There's no need, just add ":eek:rig" at the end of the link:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-ORHYgCUAAVAkI.jpg:orig

Skilletor

Show me proof where Sony said it's up to publishers to restrict their F2P titles with PS+ or not.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/44...lanetside-2-ps4-playstation-plus-not-required

Update: Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, told Polygon that the PlayStation Plus subscription requirement is up to publishers for free-to-play PS4 games. "As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it's a publisher's decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements," he said.

I think dead or alive falls outside of what shu was talking about for F2P there. DOA might be F2P, but its also fully playable as a single player game, unlike...every other F2P game

Skilletor

I think dead or alive falls outside of what shu was talking about for F2P there. DOA might be F2P, but its also fully playable as a single player game, unlike...every other F2P game

I think it's different because there is a retail version available to be bought, so it's not truly a f2p game.

Demoskinos

Malick[AI];152749199 said:
Man, I was pissed to find out that Showstopper & Showstopper Encore weren't the same thing. Why would you name them the same thing? Nothing I wanted less than some costume recolors.

You know I mean, yes its lazy but some of the recolors are actually pretty neat looking. I Really like the red version of Rachel's default.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think it's different because there is a retail version available to be bought, so it's not truly a f2p game.

Not to mention that Core Fighters is not separated, online, from the retail version, which requires Plus.

Why would you own a PS3/4 and not have PS+ though? I don't understand that...

Nothing difficult to understand, mate. It still costs money. Ever since online became a requirement on PS4, I've not bought PS+. Maybe it's worth it to you. It's not always worth it to others, especially since I'm not used to paying for online play, after being so used to it on PS3, Vita, Wii U and 3DS.

I don't buy many online games on PS4 anyway. DOA is like the only thing that would push me to buy it.

Forsythia

I'm having a day off tomorrow, but I guess I'm spending most of it downloading all the costumes. :p

The costume pass is the one with all new DLC, right? Might as well get that right away, as I know I'll be buying every one of them.

cwistofu

I dunno if this has been discussed yet, but the in-game portal to the PSN Store is actually very well done.

It sorts the DLC by Characters, Costumes by Character, Costumes by Theme, Movies, etc. Under 'Costumes by Theme,' you have things like 'Halloween 2013,' 'Hallowing 2014,' 'Overalls,' 'Police Uniforms,' and so on. MUCH more manageable than the PS Store on the PS4 or the webstore (even the webstore managed to omit one or two costumes, I found).

Just a heads up for anyone struggling with the random layout of the store.

cwistofu

Because paying for playing online is retarded and I don't want to support such a BS tactic.

While it's great that the PS3's online was free, it was also considerably less stable than Xbox Live on the 360.

If paid subscriptions means faster and more stable connections, AND I'm still getting my PS+ benefits (monthly games and weekly discounts) for the same price, then I have no problem with the direction the PS4 has gone.

Server maintenance costs money, and it's unrealistic/naive to think free online is a sustainable service, especially as games get more complex and the userbase continues to expand.

Astral

I thought I'd hate Honoka but she's so hilariously thick, stacked, and dressed that it's hard not to love her. I mean she wears cow overalls, a cow t-shirt and a cow keychain. That's hilarious.

AAK

While it's great that the PS3's online was free, it was also considerably less stable than Xbox Live on the 360.

If paid subscriptions means faster and more stable connections, AND I'm still getting my PS+ benefits (monthly games and weekly discounts) for the same price, then I have no problem with the direction the PS4 has gone.

Server maintenance costs money, and it's unrealistic/naive to think free online is a sustainable service, especially as games get more complex and the userbase continues to expand.

Is there any Proof that PS4 has better online than PS3? I'm not trying to start shit, I'm legitimately asking if anyone did a test comparing the latency on a game for PS3 and PS4 playing on the same connection with one game having less lag than the other.

Also, PC is free. I'll stick to gaming online there.

Ken

What am I looking for when trying to learn combos? Like, what makes useful combos in this game? Playing Honoka btw.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What am I looking for when trying to learn combos? Like, what makes useful combos in this game? Playing Honoka btw.

Check out a characters suggested combos in the "combo challenge" mode. It does a great job highlighting combos, and even unique features and special nuances of a character. Great primer right along side command practice.

As far as a broad spectrum? Easy mix- up points, a spread of hit locations to avoid easy countering, the kind of recovery the opponent is left in after the final blows, and how efficiently your combo can lead to critical burst for non-counterable damage and juggles. That's my take, anyhow.

Moofers

What's the deal with setting up the music? I am assuming that you either decide on having the music play based on the stage, or your opponent, right? If that's the case, how come when you bring up the list of songs, its all just based on character with a couple exceptions (menu, lobby)? If I want to set up a certain song on a specific stage, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that.

Tesseract

Banned
so is this good, i see a lot of titties

how's the netcode, what're the mechanics like, should i wait for the steam release?

fernoca

Hey what is the costume catalog? It says it is free, but I dl'ed it and it doesnt show anything ingame. Ideas?
It allows you to see the latest content you can buy. Every time new DLC costumes are released, a new catalog is released which has the data of all the costumes.

eFKac

I'm sold on the F2P fighting game idea.

Same here, not big on fighting games at all mostly get them for couch gaming with friends, so instead of waiting for the one or two games a gen that I usually buy, drop to 10-15€, I'll gladly take a Tekken Revolution or DoA Core Fighters and spend 5€ for something I want and have them available from day 1.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so is this good, i see a lot of titties

how's the netcode, what're the mechanics like, should i wait for the steam release?

The game is good, netcode seems decent, you could get the free to play version if you have PS4 or PS3 while waiting on the word of how is the Steam Version.

As for the mechanics the game is pretty easy to get into. 1 punch button, 1 kick button, Hold/Block button. If you would like to learn the game I recommend you checking the ingame tutorial or EMPER0RC0W videos.

Apparently, I pre-ordered this because I got a call from GS this morning asking if I was going to pick up my pre-order or not. Must have been when it first announced, because I completely forgot about it.

Anyway, can't wait to dive into this. It'll be my first DoA since DoA3 (and Dimensions, if that counts, I guess). Should be fun!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Double post, sorry.

Might as well add, I think TecmoKoei deserves credit for how thorough the training and SP options are in DOA games.

And it's great not having to buy system voices. And the model / pose viewer stuff is a great bonus, though I couldn't think of buying private paradise movies, lol.

Hubb

Double post, sorry.

Might as well add, I think TecmoKoei deserves credit for how thorough the training and SP options are in DOA games.

And it's great not having to buy system voices. And the model / pose viewer stuff is a great bonus, though I couldn't think of buying private paradise movies, lol.

A 23 minute double post? Impressive.

Ken

Check out a characters suggested combos in the "combo challenge" mode. It does a great job highlighting combos, and even unique features and special nuances of a character. Great primer right along side command practice.

As far as a broad spectrum? Easy mix- up points, a spread of hit locations to avoid easy countering, the kind of recovery the opponent is left in after the final blows, and how efficiently your combo can lead to critical burst for non-counterable damage and juggles. That's my take, anyhow.

Is there anything like oki in this game after a knockdown? I've never really gotten into 3D fighters so this is a new thing for me.

Kssio_Aug

Is there already plans to release a patch to fix the online issues with the Xbox One version? (and the PS4 version if it has the same issues, of course).

i didn't have problems with PSN on PS3. it's the same now with PS4. paying for basic online gaming will always be alien to me.

Hubb

Well, on the PS4, I see a 90-something dollar season pass for DOA5:LR. That and a similarly priced Ultimate DLC pack or something.

Season Pass is for "all" the upcoming DLC for the game, it doesn't include any of the old costumes.

Put all in "" because I have no idea if that really is all the upcoming DLC or not.

Top Bottom