• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Nothing difficult to understand, mate. It still costs money. Ever since online became a requirement on PS4, I've not bought PS+. Maybe it's worth it to you. It's not always worth it to others, especially since I'm not used to paying for online play, after being so used to it on PS3, Vita, Wii U and 3DS.

I don't buy many online games on PS4 anyway. DOA is like the only thing that would push me to buy it.

Do you mean you don't buy many online only games? Because most games this gen have some kind of online component. And I'm all for having conviction and principle but it's only $50/YEAR. Why restrict your enjoyment for a fun hobby over such a small number?

Destiny, Dying Light, Far Cry 4 are all excellent games that you can play with friends online and DOA5:LR. Do you not have anyone on your friends list that play online? If not then I could see how you wouldn't need it.

With Plus, you'll get back on the discounts alone, not to mention the free games. If you own multiple systems then it's even more worth it.

Season Pass is for "all" the upcoming DLC for the game, it doesn't include any of the old costumes.

Put all in "" because I have no idea if that really is all the upcoming DLC or not.

Why would the Season Pass not have the old costumes if the description itself says that it does?

Because paying for playing online is retarded and I don't want to support such a BS tactic.

This is our hobby and we should protect it as such. It cost money to run a large network and cost go up every year. I think we should get over the free online thing as no one is really getting free online. Why not stop paying for your internet connection then? If it is a choice between not paying for PS+ and having no online for games and paying a small price and having online for games then I'll bite the bullet and pay. Not to mention all the free games and discounts.

Skilletor

Do you mean you don't buy many online only games? Because most games this gen have some kind of online component. And I'm all for having conviction and principle but it's only $50/YEAR. Why restrict your enjoyment for a fun hobby over such a small number?

Destiny, Dying Light, Far Cry 4 are all excellent games that you can play with friends online and DOA5:LR. Do you not have anyone on your friends list that play online? If not then I could see how you wouldn't need it.

With Plus, you'll get back on the discounts alone, not to mention the free games. If you own multiple systems then it's even more worth it.

Some people don't care at all about FPS games. Some people only play fighting games online and are content with single player experiences for their gaming needs.

This is our hobby and we should protect it as such. It cost money to run a large network and cost go up every year. I think we should get over the free online thing as no one is really getting free online. Why not stop paying for your internet connection then? If it is a choice between not paying for PS+ and having no online for games and paying a small price and having online for games then I'll bite the bullet and pay. Not to mention all the free games and discounts.

lmao. What? If we don't want to pay for an online service on a console, we should stop paying for internet period? What sense does that make? Why do you even care what people choose to do with their money?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A 23 minute double post? Impressive.

Yup! Double clicked buttons on tablet screen, so got a faulty 2nd posting of what was already said, haha. Not the best term maybe, but surely a shorter explanation!

To keep on topic, I do wish this game had a version history changelog for characters. I'd love to get bulletpoints on whats been added since I played characters 2+ iterations ago.

Some people don't care at all about FPS games. Some people only play fighting games online and are content with single player experiences for their gaming needs.

lmao. What? If we don't want to pay for an online service on a console, we should stop paying for internet period? What sense does that make? Why do you even care what people choose to do with their money?

Dude stop getting so defensive. I'm not telling anyone what to do with their money. maybe I should have added IMO. but last I check this is a forum and people talk, debate, share ideas and opinion. Am I not allowed to talk? Why should I care what YOU think? Stop paying for your internet and see what happens. I'm just making a point that no one is getting internet for free.

Also there are alot of other games that aren't FPS. I only listed those people i like those and I happen to playing those with friends at the moment plus DOA5:LR and Driveclub.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Whats with the Freeium shit next to title? I have a disc copy? And none of my previous DLC is on here they're all locked
Other then the pre-order DLC theres no DLC to download

Hubb

Ultimate DLC is has all the DLC costumes not in last round. Season pass is for the future ones.

http://youtu.be/zTP3XBevfd0

Here's a video me messing around with Marie. I'm using the season pass exclusive costume for anyone that wants to see it in motion.

That last round was pretty nice, though watching that reminded me how much I dislike mirror matches.. Very jealous you got that costume.

im one of these people

Fair enough. And i would say that I enjoy a single player games just as much as mp games. In fact i enjoy them more. Don't like any of the COD games, didn't play any of the mp for UC1, 2, and 3 and the last of us. I'm actually more of a single player gamer myself but I won't limit myself to that, especially since I have a lot of friends both real life and online who I play coop games with. I've downloaded quite a few single player games for free over the years with PS Plus though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is there anything like oki in this game after a knockdown? I've never really gotten into 3D fighters so this is a new thing for me.
You can tech roll and wakeup with multi- level kicks, and lilitedly recover at different speeds.. Some stuns and blow- backs are untechable.

There's also charagable moves that can lead to guard breaks, and a few unblockables. Anticipating a hold attempt, and countering by throwing leads to critical, unbreakable damage.

Some character have weak holds (counters) because their holds are less about damage, more of frame advantage and positioning. I'd say the game has it's own flavor of oki and mind-reading / control to it.

Skilletor

Dude stop getting so defensive. I'm not telling anyone what to do with their money. maybe I should have added IMO. but last I check this is a forum and people talk, debate, share ideas and opinion. Am I not allowed to talk? Why should I care what YOU think? Stop paying for your internet and see what happens. I'm just making a point that no one is getting internet for free.

Also there are alot of other games that aren't FPS. I only listed those people i like those and I happen to playing those with friends at the moment plus DOA5:LR and Driveclub.

I'm not being defensive. I think it's silly that you come in here telling people to cough up whatever amount of money to play a game online they can play free elsewhere.

That you're comparing paying for internet to paying for an online service to PS+/XBL is laughable to me.

And I don't care about those FPS games or those racing games or any other game other than fighting games. They're the only games I play online, and I can play pretty much all of them somewhere other than PSN/XBL without paying for an additional subscription service.

PS+, for me, is great for the games I get. I can completely understand why others don't want to sign up.

Is there anything like oki in this game after a knockdown? I've never really gotten into 3D fighters so this is a new thing for me.

There are force tech setups where you can do a low attack that will hit on the ground if they do not tech, which will then force them to wakeup and you'll have the advantage. There are also setups where a grounded person will not be able to hold a specific move when they tech, further allowing you to press your advantage. You can also beat either level wakeup kick with good timing and a move that does more damage than the wakeup kick itself. This is tricky, since wakeup kicks have a decent amount of invincibility before they actually hit.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Figured Id try to play the free version again after it crashed on me repeatedly yesterday. Nope still crashed 10 seconds into the first match. Ugh I cant even play long enough to judge the visuals lol.

Im guessing theres no reason to believe the full version would be any more stable? (X1 version)

I'm on PSN looking at the season pass and I don't see where it says you get the old costumes at all.

You're right. I'm looking at the season pass page on my phone (I'm still at work) and I might have confused the two when I was looking at it last night just before going to sleep.

I am not amused that the ultimate DLC pack costs the same as the season pass.

Figured Id try to play the free version again after it crashed on me repeatedly yesterday. Nope still crashed 10 seconds into the first match. Ugh I cant even play long enough to judge the visuals lol.

Im guessing theres no reason to believe the full version would be any more stable? (X1 version)

Are you playing online or arcade? If arcade did you turn off throwdowns?

Timu

Do you have throwdowns set to decline?

I've played both free and full versions and not a single crash.

AAK

This is our hobby and we should protect it as such. It cost money to run a large network and cost go up every year. I think we should get over the free online thing as no one is really getting free online.

Interesting, I wonder who's scamming you to paying to play online PC games.

And kindly fuck off with the Internet connection analogy. I'm already paying Sony everytime I buy a game where a portion of the money is given royalty to them.

zoobzone

I downloaded the core fighters pack on PS4 and cleared arcade mode and commanding training for Kasumi up to 133.

The game is rather technical as I'm new to 3D fighters and overheads/low attacks appear to have very similar start up frames.

Is the story mode worth buying at all?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Are you playing online or arcade? If arcade did you turn off throwdowns?

Do you have throwdowns set to decline?

I've played both free and full versions and not a single crash.
Arcade, I looked in the options didnt see the toggle to turn off throwdowns. Where is it located?

Edit: Derp, I found it.

Edit 2: Yep working perfectly fine now with throwdowns off.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I downloaded the core fighters pack on PS4 and cleared arcade mode and commanding training for Kasumi up to 133.

The game is rather technical as I'm new to 3D fighters and overheads/low attacks appear to have very similar start up frames.

Is the story mode worth buying at all?

Unless you care about story mode in a game THAT much, i'd say no. Most of it is just annoying people talking with black cuts with text like "meanwhile in XXX"

Like you could be in a jungle then all of a sudden literally be at the north pole with penguins, and there's not really any real note of it by the characters

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Any description or comparison of the different Breast Physics modes? Also is there a way to unlock OMG mode?

I think they just replaced OMG entirely with LR.

Also to anyone who can help me...if you already transferred your stuff to PS4, is it okay to delete your DOA5 PS3 game and save data?

I cannot be arsed to have this debate, but Skilletor answered well enough for me.

The fact I was hoping the FREE version of DOA5LR would have FREE online play should tell you enough about my finances right now that I refuse to pay for a subscription service for only one game on PS4 I have interest in playing online.

PS+ is, believe it or not, not worth the cash to me. Coming right off the back of still playing DOA5U online for free on PS3, as well as playing lots of Mario Kart and Smash Bros for free on Wii U, it's obviously pretty damn hard for someone like me with little money to splash about to now have to fork up cash for Sony just to play one game online on PS4. I care very little about playing anything else online on the system, and having to pay to do that just gives me less inclination to do so.

Perhaps I'll finally try and scrounge some cash together for it for this game now, but it should be clear why some people refuse or can't afford to pay for online subs.

Looking forward to finally playing Core Fighters tomorrow, online or offline, and seeing the new stuff for Kasumi.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I think they just replaced OMG entirely with LR.

Also to anyone who can help me...if you already transferred your stuff to PS4, is it okay to delete your DOA5 PS3 game and save data?

LR is actually a separate option from OMG physics.

And to your second question.... I don't see how deleting your ps3 save will affect your ps4 save, once you retrieve your ps3 save file and import it to the ps4, that's it, your ps4 save is it's own entity.

Hopefully europe release brings more people online. The lack of a bustling online community always troubles me at launch, maybe everyone is hamming it up in lobbies.

Astral

Anyone else forget how to use a character the minute you switch to another one? I hate that. I trained with Mila, then Tina, then Christie, then went back to the previous two and forgot how to use them.

I almost bought the game today after playing the free version. But my problem is that I suck at the game. So to anyone that has it, how severe is the learning curve? Or is it not that bad?

Griss

Anyone else forget how to use a character the minute you switch to another one? I hate that. I trained with Mila, then Tina, then Christie, then went back to the previous two and forgot how to use them.

Yep. And after a week without playing I'll have completely forgotten everyone. The combo challenge is probably the best way to job your memory.

Astral

Yep. And after a week without playing I'll have completely forgotten everyone. The combo challenge is probably the best way to job your memory.

Yeah I had to go back and do Mila's combo challenge. Hopefully things will eventually stick enough that I'm able to juggle at least three characters.

And I feel stupid now, I totally forgot that Core Fighters will cost 3€ in Germany and I forgot to grab a 5€ PSN card today... Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow afternoon :/

Alszem

Wasn't there a way to change the number of rounds in Arcade in Ultimate? I remember setting it to 1 round to unlock costumes. Where's the option now?

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Okay. So which edition should I buy? The online "Full Game" on Xbox Live or the disc version? Is there a content difference?

Also I heard people getting crashes and some stating their game won't even start or they can't get past the title screen on the Xbox One. Can someone add anything to that? Thank you.

Top Bottom