• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Okay. So which edition should I buy? The online "Full Game" on Xbox Live or the disc version? Is there a content difference?

Also I heard people getting crashes and some stating their game won't even start or they can't get past the title screen on the Xbox One. Can someone add anything to that? Thank you.

Turn off the Throwdowns and you should be fine it seems? Not an Xbox One user but thats what seems to work from what I see.

Ninja Dom

Not sure if this has been posted yet but is there a Changelog going from 1.9 Ultimate to 2.0 Last Round?

I know we have one extra character and extra stages but what about buffs & nerds to existing character movesets?

xbox one version, free trial (not out until tomorrow in uk)

Every time I try to play it I pick characters and a stage for training, 5 seconds into the match it will crash and close the game.

Is this a known issue or am I just unlucky with the trial version from america?

Eolz

Alright, downloading PS4 CF (EU). Should be up tomorrow I guess.
Good thing Ayane is my main, I'll be able to play before I get my collector edition next week.

Also, the catalogue for the exclusive Marie Rose season pass costume is here, but can't see the actual season pass anywhere.

Ascenion

xbox one version, free trial (not out until tomorrow in uk)

Every time I try to play it I pick characters and a stage for training, 5 seconds into the match it will crash and close the game.

Is this a known issue or am I just unlucky with the trial version from america?

Sounds like you're just unlucky. I know throwdowns crash, and loosing in arcade mode can freeze it. But training was one of the few flawless things for me. Haven't used it since buying the full version yesterday though. So it might be a new issue.

That sucks why do you need to pay for it?

I don't really know, it was like this with WarThunder and Warframe too, for whatever reason Sony is seemingly not allowed to put up free to play games on PSN in Germany even though I could download these as free to play on my PC if I wanted o.o

Bardiche

Argh, completely annoyed with Best Buy.
I had this game preordered a few weeks ago, and they are still "preparing the order" when the game has been out for two days already.

I need my sexy Akira!

Chucker

Seems worse tonight on XB1. Tried getting a ranked match 5 times, crashed all 5.

Gamertag: Chux
If you want to bring the fisticuffs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
am I doing it right?

Nope. I mean her + Phase 4 + Tengu + Loli.

The characters that came out after Ultimate, basically. I haven't bought them because $6 a pop is too strong for me to buy. It's why I'm waiting for the PC version of Last Round: They'll be included.

Edit: Though I see what you're getting at. That price for the bundle is all sorts of stupid.

Okay. So which edition should I buy? The online "Full Game" on Xbox Live or the disc version? Is there a content difference?

Also I heard people getting crashes and some stating their game won't even start or they can't get past the title screen on the Xbox One. Can someone add anything to that? Thank you.

It crashes when you try to play online offline works fine however.

Dubz

Anyone have a method to unlock costumes fast?

PS4 GAF. I should be on throughout the day tomorrow. Add me....Dubzinator.

Sakura

If I get Core Fighters, and then buy story mode, is the game the same as the full version just minus the characters?

Astral

"Hey you are also having a drink at this bar? Lets fight!"

I like how it gives the characters more personality but it makes no sense. My favorite part so far is when Kokoro visits some temple where Jann Lee is training. He tells her to catch his nunchakus, she doesn't, and they break a vase. Then they just fight. Wtf? lol.

Vazra

No? I want to understand the rich DoA5 lore though.

The main plot is not bad. The side stories with the non ninjas is lol.

As for the main plot

DOA1: Raidou Vs Ninjas plot
DOA2: Runaway Ninja Kasumi looking for her brother and Ayane trying to kill the "traitor". (Kas Clone Garbage too!)
DOA3: Ayane & Genra Plot.
DOA4: Alpha 152 Plot and the "downfall" of DOATEC.
DOA5: More Kasumi Clone garbage and Alpha 152.

Griss

The main plot is not bad. The side stories with the non ninjas is lol.

As for the main plot

DOA1: Raidou Vs Ninjas plot
DOA2: Runaway Ninja Kasumi looking for her brother and Ayane trying to kill the "traitor". (Kas Clone Garbage too!)
DOA3: Ayane & Genra Plot.
DOA4: Alpha 152 Plot and the "downfall" of DOATEC.
DOA5: More Kasumi Clone garbage and Alpha 152.

You know, I've still never figured out the significance of Phase 4 appearing in the opening cutscene and trying to kill Bayman. I mean, she doesn't appear again for the rest of the story, lol.

And you're wrong, the best parts are with Eliot and Brad, hands down.

I like how it gives the characters more personality but it makes no sense. My favorite part so far is when Kokoro visits some temple where Jann Lee is training. He tells her to catch his nunchakus, she doesn't, and they break a vase. Then they just fight. Wtf? lol.

That scene is great. Poor Jan. He saves Hitomi from a T-Rex in DoA4 and she gets mad at him for abusing animals.

Sakura

Hmm well I have 1800 yen in my PSN wallet, I could get the story mode and no characters, or a couple characters and maybe get the story mode later. Maybe I will just get the story mode when I have more money on there.

Vazra

You know, I've still never figured out the significance of Phase 4 appearing in the opening cutscene and trying to kill Bayman. I mean, she doesn't appear again for the rest of the story, lol.

And you're wrong, the best parts are with Eliot and Brad, hands down.

That scene is great. Poor Jan. He saves Hitomi from a T-Rex in DoA4 and she gets mad at him for abusing animals.

The Cabbage fight tho.

statham

I just downloaded the full game, when picking outfits some say 'this outfit has not been downloaded' is that additional paid DLC or did my game not download correctly? Xbox one version.

DR2K

Banned
I just downloaded the full game, when picking outfits some say 'this outfit has not been downloaded' is that additional paid DLC or did my game not download correctly? Xbox one version.

It means you haven't bought it or downloaded it if you bought if before. If it's unlock able in game it'll say you need to unlock it.

Top Bottom