• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

statham

It means you haven't bought it or downloaded it if you bought if before. If it's unlock able in game it'll say you need to unlock it.

Thanks, I was playing another game while it downloaded, just wanted to make sure it didn't screw up the download somehow.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*Ahh well, beaten too!

I just downloaded the full game, when picking outfits some say 'this outfit has not been downloaded' is that additional paid DLC or did my game not download correctly? Xbox one version.

Rule of thumb: if costume has pic, it's available in game. Generic gey shirt image, and it needs to be paid for.

From what I've seen, the only costume catalog to DL so far is number 1, for the Ninja 2015 stuff.

fernoca

I just downloaded the full game, when picking outfits some say 'this outfit has not been downloaded' is that additional paid DLC or did my game not download correctly? Xbox one version.
Depends.

Not every DLC is included. So, check here and in your game. The ones that you can use either will be readily available or will say that it needs to be unlocked. The rest need to be purchased.

Yeah, beaten..but whatever.

Hubb

It just says cannot purchase. Is it because they are from the other DoA5 game and I don't own it?

Nope that shouldn't be an issue. Are you trying to buy from the webstore or from PSN on PS4? Might be an issue trying to buy old costumes on PS4.

Hubb

Trying to buy on PS4. Maybe I will try to buy on webstore.

Ok, than this is going to sound stupid (because it is).

Buy it on the webstore, then go to PS4 LR and buy it again (should come up as free) and then you are all set. Not sure why they fucked up buying old costumes as much as they did.

You can only buy packs of old costumes on PS4, if you want an individual one you need to do the above.

Sakura

Ok, than this is going to sound stupid (because it is).

Buy it on the webstore, then go to PS4 LR and buy it again (should come up as free) and then you are all set. Not sure why they fucked up buying old costumes as much as they did.

You can only buy packs of old costumes on PS4, if you want an individual one you need to do the above.

Yea that seemed to work. I take it not all the DLC costumes can come over to the PS4 though? Like that Marie Rose police officer costume doesn't seem to be listed in the PS4 version?
I just got the school uniform one, and now I will get the Honoka debut pack.

Hubb

Yea that seemed to work. I take it not all the DLC costumes can come over to the PS4 though? Like that Marie Rose police officer costume doesn't seem to be listed in the PS4 version?
I just got the school uniform one, and now I will get the Honoka debut pack.

They will be eventually. TN said that some of the costumes still need to be ported over (can't remember their exact words).

EDIT: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...form/cid=UP4108-CUSA01665_00-MARIE12DLCU00000

There it is for PS4.

Well, played up to Story battle 19 and got in quite a bit of training. Really loving this release - it's amazing. I'll admit, it took me a little while to get used to using the DualShock 4 for a fighting game. I had gotten so good (hot garbage in comparison to others, just going by my own standards) with the Xbox 360 and DualShock 3 controllers that it felt unnatural playing a fighter with anything but those! Fortunately, I got past it. Looking forward to giving the online a go tomorrow. Hope everyone else is enjoying the game!

Grisby

Didn't have a lot of luck finding matches. Might just have to get into playing lobby games more.

Game looks cleaner, which is nice. Can really see the muted colors on a lot of the stages though, something that hasn't really bothered me before.
Tina is so freaking good. Oh lord.
YEAH, I'M GONNA ROCK YOU!

Epic win pose. Her and Mila can do no wrong.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How come whenever look up videos of high level play, they rarely use critical burst?

Another thing you see high level play is people block more than countering and they dont mess around with strings. They know how to delay things to switch their game around instead of doing the full predictable combo. There are different ways to play it but I see most noobs go for counter only instead of blocking >.>

Astral

Another thing you see high level play is people block more than countering and they dont mess around with strings. They know how to delay things to switch their game around instead of doing the full predictable combo. There are different ways to play it but I see most noobs go for counter only instead of blocking >.>

I guess that makes sense. Critical Bursts seem to involve full combos so I guess it increases the risk of getting countered.

Vazra

I guess that makes sense. Critical Bursts seem to involve full combos so I guess it increases the risk of getting countered.

It doesnt exactly involve full combos the thing is that the move that is done for critical burst can be easily countered if you are predicable with your moves so people focus on going as safe as possible with their moves. Just cause a character has hundreds of tools it doesn't mean they all work at your favor. Some of these characters have some moves that are extremely easy to counter or leave you at disadvantage after you finish the attack so its good to see what works and not with your playstyle.

Astral

It doesnt exactly involve full combos the thing is that the move that is done for critical burst can be easily countered if you are predicable with your moves so people focus on going as safe as possible with their moves. Just cause a character has hundreds of tools it doesn't mean they all work at your favor. Some of these characters have some moves that are extremely easy to counter or leave you at disadvantage after you finish the attack so its good to see what works and not with your playstyle.

Wait you can still counter while you're in critical stun?

ShinMaruku

Basically the story starts with Raidou not getting the leadership of his clan even though he's the first born (Which is why Ayane is a problem child, first she's a rape baby, secondly looks like her mum and lastly she's from the elder branch) because of his darkness then he stalked off.

Then later he saw his brother's wife I wanted dem skins and raped her and left again. She had a daughter who had to live with all that shit and it made her rather dark, she's team ninja's darkest character along with her father. Then Raidou found out Hayate learned the torn sky blast and thought Hayate and chump
He is :p
so he came in and beat up the village to force Hayate to use it because he got the ability to steal people's moves by watching it. Then Ayane attacked her father and got bodied and Raidou still thinking Hayate is a bum taunted him for making women do his dirty work, then Hayate tried to attack him and got bodied too and then he did the torn sky blast which Ayane warned against.

Raidou copied the move and knocked out his punk ass nephew then left the village again like a bad ass. That force Misty to run away from the village since Hayte was in a coma and she became the leader of the villiage being a Ninja Princess. She then fought Raidou and 'killed' him with the Help of Tommy (Hayabusa) and that got her kidnapped. Which made her blood line of importance to Donovan since she's the niece that beat Raidou which made her perfect to make super humans.

I love the science fiction angle where Misty and her clones are post human basically. :p

Timu

iT944bKOOosxT.PNG

Finally got it.=p

Finally got the game installed (PS4) and currently running through training with everyone until I narrow down who I want to build as mains again.

Really loved using Pai in the previous games so she will definitely be one. It's my first time using ladies such as Rachel and Momiji though. Perhaps it's just me but Rachel in particular seems to hit very hard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You know, I've still never figured out the significance of Phase 4 appearing in the opening cutscene and trying to kill Bayman. I mean, she doesn't appear again for the rest of the story, lol.

Donovan ordered her to kill him due to Christie and Him being rivals and Christie is under Donovan as well. IIRC

Finally got the game installed (PS4) and currently running through training with everyone until I narrow down who I want to build as mains again.

Really loved using Pai in the previous games so she will definitely be one. It's my first time using ladies such as Rachel and Momiji though. Perhaps it's just me but Rachel in particular seems to hit very hard.

Pick up Rig. Most interesting addition since base DOA5.

Otherwise it's Hitomi and Ein besides him for me.

Griss

If I had one wish for DoA it's that they switch up some of the terminology. I've been playing on and off for a decade and I still get it wrong.

A counter or hi counter sounds like it should be what a hold actually is, and a hold sounds like it is what an offensive hold actually is.

Being able to counter out of stun or critical stun makes no sense - how, then, are you actually stunned? What is the difference between stun and critical stun? I've already forgotten because it's not obvious from the words used.

I'm not criticising the systems here - I love DoA - I'm just criticising the words used to describe them, which to me are needlessly confusing.

Donovan ordered her to kill him due to Christie and Him being rivals and Christie is under Donovan as well. IIRC

Pick up Rig. Most interesting addition since base DOA5.

Otherwise it's Hitomi and Ein besides him for me.

Ah, I don't remember any of that in the game itself. Cool that you play the exact same three characters as me, though :)
Although when I get frustrated I sometimes turn to Christie or Helena because in my ignorant, D+ ranked opinion they are the two easiest characters to win with vs your average or sub-average opponent.

Vazra

If I had one wish for DoA it's that they switch up some of the terminology. I've been playing on and off for a decade and I still get it wrong.

A counter or hi counter sounds like it should be what a hold actually is, and a hold sounds like it is what an offensive hold actually is.

Being able to counter out of stun or critical stun makes no sense - how, then, are you actually stunned? What is the difference between stun and critical stun? I've already forgotten because it's not obvious from the words used.

I'm not criticising the systems here - I love DoA - I'm just criticising the words used to describe them, which to me are needlessly confusing.

Out of a regular stun simply gives you the only option to counter since block is not doable and critical you should easily be able to get something in there.

Astral

Ah, I don't remember any of that in the game itself. Cool that you play the exact same three characters as me, though :)
Although when I get frustrated I sometimes turn to Christie or Helena because in my ignorant, D+ ranked opinion they are the two easiest characters to win with vs your average or sub-average opponent.

So opponents really can hold while in a critical stun. I haven't played online so I didn't know this. That changes everything. From what I understand, one of the differences between regular stun and critical stun is that your opponent is launched higher during a critical stun than they are in a regular stun. Another is just that a power blow during a critical stun leads to a critical burst. I think the terminology that bothers me the most in this game is Offensive Hold. Every time I saw "OH" during the tutorial I read it as "overhead." That drove me crazy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wait, you can't hold out of the stun that is landed from crit burst. But you can counter out of the stuns leading to it, and good opponents will know the counter area for an opponents burst moves. That's the part that makes them too risky.

Are you there any delayable crit burst?

Skilletor

Wait, you can't hold out of the stun that is landed from crit burst. But you can counter out of the stuns leading to it, and good opponents will know the counter area for an opponents burst moves. That's the part that makes them too risky.

Are you there any delayable crit burst?

So there's this thing called stun threshhold. The more damage you do during stun, the high you launch. Once you pass the stun threshhold, they fall out of the stun.

A critical burst nets you an uncounterable stun, which gets you the highest launch, but the hit right before threshhold is a very high launch as well, and the difference in juggles you can do from these is minimal for the risk.

Also, when you reach the end of stun threshhold (critical stun will turn red signifying this), your opponent is probably looking to counter your critical burst, so you can mix in a throw for sweet hi-counter throw damage.

Xevren

So what exactly is the best method of getting games in online? I'm pretty trash at this and spent most of my night just trying to either find games in ranked or use throwdowns and I really didn't get much :(

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Soooo, how do you accept throwdowns on PS4? When a connection appears, it says to press the options button...which brings up the options menu in training. I've been connected to a dozen throwdown people, but haven't been able to join any.

Vazra

Soooo, how do you accept throwdowns on PS4? When a connection appears, it says to press the options button...which brings up the options menu in training. I've been connected to a dozen throwdown people, but haven't been able to join any.

On Ps3 you would press select and go straight for it. I guess double tap option or maybe you have a glitch there.

DR2K

Banned

Hold options button

Moofers

Yeah that's really weird, huh? It's actually the touch pad. You gotta click that, despite that it clearly says option.

system11

In the EU the patch for PS3 is now working so you can retrieve save data on the PS4, but it's not possible to carry across any of your PS3 DLC yet, store empty aside from brand new Last Round DLC (the various preorder stuff if you didn't get it).

Water

So I've never played DOA, but this seems to be the closest thing to modern Virtua Fighter one can get on PC. Gotta support that.

If reviews come in before launch and confirm that the PC port quality is decent, this will break some personal barriers, simultaneously becoming the first game I have ever preordered (not counting Kickstarters) and also by far the highest priced game I've bought on Steam.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Do I get the same content if I buy the digitals version of the game than I would when buying the disc? Just to make sure, because with Street Fighter's latest rerererelease you got more with the disc than with the digital. Thanks for any info.

Nuszka

See more EU players got the game , add me on ps4 for some lobby fights psn nuszka.
Ps: i have a question about the dlc preorder bundles, the code can i retrive it from a different region. Got the game from us store on tuesday as i did with all the previous doa5 games and as we know us psn only bundled the showstoppers encore. If i buy a dlc code from europe will i be able to retrive it on us store? need those ninja costumes pack.

Top Bottom