• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Pimpbaa

iT944bKOOosxT.PNG

Finally got it.=p

She desperately needs more skimpy outfits.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Well, in the older DoA games I was Hitomi and Ryu. With DoA5 I switched to Mila. I burnt out on her pretty quick, though, and switched to Tina, who bugs me aesthetically/personality wise, but she's just really fun to play.

Now with LR I was trying different characters and looking for one to settle on. I was about to just stick with Tina, when I tried her for the first time:

doa5u___marie_rose_winning_pose_school_uniform__by_existingbox9-d7d4jte.jpg

New main, get!

eFKac

Guys if anyone could answer I would be grateful!

For PS4 players with only the Core Fighters edition, what's the trophy situation like?
No trophies, separate list, shared or same as the full DoA Last Round?

MattXIII

Guys if anyone could answer I would be grateful!

For PS4 players with only the Core Fighters edition, what's the trophy situation like?
No trophies, separate list, shared or same as the full DoA Last Round?

Separate list on PS4, same trophies though -so get ready for some deja vu (This is for the full version, i assume Core Fighters and the full version share trophies)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dead or Alive Facebook Page Addresses the freezing issue.

Dear valuable customers
We've been checking many things reported from you. Thank you first of all. In the reports, there are many things we think it is related to Xbox One setting itself. Microsoft provided FAQ already on their site and this this might be useful for you to solve the issue, even partially. We will keep updates posted on our official sites. Twitter/Facebook/DOA5LR official sites. Thank you for your patience. Team Ninja ‪#‎DOA5LR‬
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one
http://support.xbox.com/…/xbox-o…/games/game-freeze-solution

ibxUb7Omru5Jlb.gif

I played a little bit of Honoka last night. She's pretty good. I saw moves from Tina, Zack, Jan Lee, Helena and Lei Fang. She's like a cocktail of everyone's mojo.

(That sounds so dirty. I'm not even ashamed.)

Ken

You can tech roll and wakeup with multi- level kicks, and lilitedly recover at different speeds.. Some stuns and blow- backs are untechable.

There's also charagable moves that can lead to guard breaks, and a few unblockables. Anticipating a hold attempt, and countering by throwing leads to critical, unbreakable damage.

Some character have weak holds (counters) because their holds are less about damage, more of frame advantage and positioning. I'd say the game has it's own flavor of oki and mind-reading / control to it.

There are force tech setups where you can do a low attack that will hit on the ground if they do not tech, which will then force them to wakeup and you'll have the advantage. There are also setups where a grounded person will not be able to hold a specific move when they tech, further allowing you to press your advantage. You can also beat either level wakeup kick with good timing and a move that does more damage than the wakeup kick itself. This is tricky, since wakeup kicks have a decent amount of invincibility before they actually hit.

Thanks. Right now playing through arcade I'm just going for Critical Burst combos and poking with kicks.

Uklott

Neo Member
So core fighter's is up on the german psn store and it costs 2.99?

I thought it would be free.

Sorry if i missed something, but i've checked the op post and there it also says it schould be free.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Sorry if i missed something, but i've checked the op post and there it also says it should be free.

Thats odd as Core Fighter is free over here. IDK what happened with Germany.

Now I present Honoka with Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Hitomi face.
ee5b1fe334.gif

LOL

When is EU store getting this? = (

It's up already you just have to use the search on PSN :)

Sorry if i missed something, but i've checked the op post and there it also says it schould be free.

It's not a issue with the game or Tecmo, for whatever reason the German PSN store isn't allowed to have any free to play games, I guess the USK has a problem with that so all free games require a small fee here :/

Ugh, over 4 hours of playing last night I couldn't find a single ranked match every time I tried and during arcade mode\practice it never found any of those online matches either. PS4 version. =\

Uklott

Neo Member
It's up already you just have to use the search on PSN :)

It's not a issue with the game or Tecmo, for whatever reason the German PSN store isn't allowed to have any free to play games, I guess the USK has a problem with that so all free games require a small fee here :/

That's not true. Games like dc universe online and warthunder are free to play and available in germany.

Anyway gonna use my us Account in that case.
Thanks for the answers though.

Sadly, only core fighters up on psn eu. The retail version is not.

Oh my mistake then sorry :/

That's not true. Games like dc universe online and warthunder are free to play and available in germany.

Anyway gonna use my us Account in that case.
Thanks for the answers though.

Huh that's strange, I remember I had to pay something for WarThunder too... or maybe that was Warframe o.o I don't quite remember but that makes me curious on what USK rating WarThunder got, I now get the feeling that it's related to that then. And yeah the US version should suffice, just remember if you want to buy any DLC you then have to buy it from the US store too!

Cider X

The game hardlocks everytime I attempt to play a ranked match. I'm using the Xbox One trial version. Is the same issue present in the full retail game?

Ferr986

Sadly, only core fighters up on psn eu. The retail version is not.

I'm starting to think the full version is not going to be up today.
If Im not mistaken in the PS blog entry about the new stuff for this week there was only the Core version shown.

btw, I know it has already said but the pricing of the Core version is insane. 26,99 for a pack with all the females (the pack with males isnt even up) when the game can be bough in stores for 30/35€

Sdkkds

Neo Member
I'm starting to think the full version is not going to be up today.
If Im not mistaken in the PS blog entry about the new stuff for this week there was only the Core version shown.

btw, I know it has already said but the pricing of the Core version is insane. 26,99 for a pack with all the females (the pack with males isnt even up) when the game can be bough in stores for 30/35€

The xbone version is up though, but I'm not sure I want to buy it with all the crashing issues,

Eolz

Goddammit, my collector edition will take longer to arrive since the package was heavier than expected (had to pay more). Stuck with Core Fighters until then.
Tried it, it's pretty good. Only had some problems while the game was still installing. Couldn't test online yet, seems that TN should really change the "press options" prompt, people have problems with that.

Also, for those interested, from the japan sales thread:
First Day Sell-Through {2015.02.19}

[PS4] [PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) - 40% Something strange happened, even it's a japanese game PS4 > PS3

The power of soft-skin.

Edit: also, definite improvement for the models, despite nearly no changes in the stages.

People want new gen 3D fighting games confirmed. Shame they didn't do this one sooner, but at least it's the first out the door.

Did they change the input for Kasumi's teleport onto floor?

I swear after a move that leads into teleport, you had to press 3P+K, but now you only need to hold 6.

3P+K still works, but I thought that was the only method before this. If that's a new input for LR, it's a very good one - makes it easier.

If I missed this in previous versions...well, more fool me.

Sakura

I'm pretty shit at this game, I fought bots for a couple hours, but I was enjoying it quite a bit. It's really fun.

Where did you have to preorder to get the New Challenger pack? Or is it already available for purchase on the network? I need that Honoka costume... :l

Thrak360

Neo Member
Boy what a confusing release. I'm a 360 owner who has not bought ANY previous DOA5 release, digital or retail. So navigating the marketplace for this game is a chore.

Questions:
- Would I just need to buy and download LR? Or do I also need to download a bunch of compatability packs to get my game to be "complete"?
- Wasn't this game originally announced as $30 for the 360 and PS3? I was surprised to see it for $40 on the marketplace.

Eolz

People want new gen 3D fighting games confirmed. Shame they didn't do this one sooner, but at least it's the first out the door.

I swear after a move that leads into teleport, you had to press 3P+K, but now you only need to hold 6.

3P+K still works, but I thought that was the only method before this. If that's a new input for LR, it's a very good one - makes it easier.

I think I remember that they added some input methods for accessibility and changed some moves in the changelog.

Just added up the cost of all the DLC on PSN...£183.29 tell me I did something wrong here

EU PSN seems to have some problems: missing content, bad prices, etc. Better wait a few days, but seems plausible to me if you added the old content pack and the season pass.

mintylurb

Panties..........................

No..it's pantsu...

Anyway, I decided to keep the game and tried it out last night.
As few have noted, jaggies are indeed not as noticeable since it's running at 1080P but depending on the characters/stage it can become quite noticeable to the point of distraction.
Anyway, it's a fun little diversion until the real fighting game comes out, MKX!!

Skilletor

That's what I thought. I was suprised when I went through command training.

I've decided to main Kasumi and Rig for this version. Practicing for EVO!

Top Bottom