• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ferr986

Also, dunno if its me but I just noticed I have Moderate NAT in this game.
It's the only game where I have this issue (Core Fighters version).

I was just about to comment on this. They lost my impulse purchase on Ultimate in a similar way (that also had digital release problems that delayed it I think), and they will now too.

lol yeah I was going to impulse buy it if the price was similar to retail even if I hate digital versions of games. Guess they did me a favour after all.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm confused, the DLC seems to be for the Core Fighters what can I get for the Full version?

RoyalFool

Banned
Well, the "full" game gets you pretty much the base game with all the characters, minus all the more recent Doa5 Ultimate DLCs (which you should be able to buy, if they ever manage to put it up on the current gen stores) and DLC that has been newly released, like the mentioned Honoka outfits and the Season Pass. All this navigating through DLC is currently a bitch on the Xbone, they just should have included everything that was ever available in Ultimate from the get go.

Concerning story mode, I believe it should give you the complete story, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. If you buy the full game, DO NOT buy story mode separately since it is included.

Thanks, it sounds like the full game isn't on the PSN store in Europe - is that a mistake do we know, or are we stuck to just buying it via the DLC?

OrochiJR

Anybody else plays this on the Xbox One? I don't know how the situation is in other regions, but in Europe there are currently only a couple of (DoA5U) DLC outfits up, by no means everything that should be there. What is also frustrating is that the XBL store is horrible to navigate for a game with this much DLC.
If you look at DoA5LR at the store and look at the DLC next to the main game, there is only a handful of outfits. When you manually search for "dead or alive 5" there comes a bunch of other costumes, but again when you search for "doa5lr" there appears yet again a bunch of other costumes. All this methods however yield only a part of the huge DLC library Team Ninja has amassed over Ultimates lifespan. And everything is horribly mixed up, new preorder DLCs with old Ultimate costumes from various packs, there is no clear order. If you access the store from the games main menu you get even less content.

My theory is they are still in the process of uploading, and (I hope!!!) if everything is up you can download again what you bought on the 360. And MS clearly needs better sorting methods for games with this high amount of DLC, it's way too confusing to navigate through that stuff right now.

Demoskinos

Also, dunno if its me but I just noticed I have Moderate NAT in this game.
It's the only game where I have this issue (Core Fighters version).

lol yeah I was going to impulse buy it if the price was similar to retail even if I hate digital versions of games. Guess they did me a favour after all.

Same it says I have a Moderate NAT. Even DMZ the PS4 with no change. Doesn't seem to really affect anything though? Had some good solid 4 bar connection matches last night. Literally every other game tells me I have a Type 2 "Open" connection even the PS4 itself says that.

Ferr986

I'm confused, the DLC seems to be for the Core Fighters what can I get for the Full version?

If youre from EU the outfits doesnt seems to be out, same as the full version of the game.
I can only see the Core edition and its DLC (characters).

Same it says I have a Moderate NAT. Even DMZ the PS4 with no change. Doesn't seem to really affect anything though? Had some good solid 4 bar connection matches last night. Literally every other game tells me I have a Type 2 "Open" connection even the PS4 itself says that.

Dindt play much online because I suck at it but the few matches I did ran fine.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I think Hayate has potential. The dynamic between he, Kasumi and Ayane could be explored in far greater detail. He has no character because they've yet to build it. Honestly without NG Ryu would be in the same boat. Not to mention he's Ryu's best friend. Dude has to have some skills and they've had to have one some ninja shit together. At least give me a Hayate influenced Co-op campaign NG4.

Did you just bring up story potential in a NG game? Maaaaan... just make it Momiji, Kasumi, Ayane and Hayate as four selectable protags and create a new crazy, senseless campaign and I'm good. Ah, hell, throw in Rachel again too.

Anyone know if any previous costume that was included in a pack / preoder bonus / season pass has failed to be released individually later?

Also when they release new costume packs, do individual costumes get released at the same time or is it sort of a timed exclusive sort of thing to entice people who can't wait into buying the whole pack?

Thanks!

DR2K

Banned
Anyone know if any previous costume that was included in a pack / preoder bonus / season pass has failed to be released individually later?

Also when they release new costume packs, do individual costumes get released at the same time or is it sort of a timed exclusive sort of thing to entice people who can't wait into buying the whole pack?

Thanks!

costumes/preorder stuff is usually exclusive for a month, and they release them in packs and singles at the same time.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Should I buy Honoka now or wait for the PS3 Last Round next week?

DCS

Banned
Got my PS4 Last Round from GAME and there is no pre-order content, WTF? Is there supposed to be something in the box?

Ken

Can you hold in between getting hit in a combo? Is there anything you can do to get out of a combo (like a burst in anime fighters)?

Dubz

I've grinded out all unlockable costumes for Kokoro, Kasumi, Lei Fang, Helena, Gen Fu, and Rig. I would pay $5 to unlock all costumes at this point. Playing tag time trial on rookie difficulty is boring me to tears.
That being said, I played some online with a friend last night and the net code is a vast improvement over what it used to be.

DR2K

Banned
I've grinned out all unlockable costumes for Kokoro, Kasumi, Lei Fang, Helena, Gen Fu, and Rig. I would pay $5 to unlock all costumes at this point. Playing tag time trial on rookie difficulty is boring me to tears.
That being said, I played some online with a friend last night and the net code is a vast improvement over what it used to be.

Play survival mode.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Thanks!

Every single "exclusive" costume was released to PSN for sale. Even the Yaiba ones for Ryu and Momiji.

Griss

Can you hold in between getting hit in a combo? Is there anything you can do to get out of a combo (like a burst in anime fighters)?

Yes you can hold while you are in stun. You can also mash buttons and move the stick quickly to help you escape stun quicker. The one thing to note is that you can't guess more than once on a hold per stun. If you guess and whiff, you're open for whatever your opponent wants until the stun ends (it ends because he stopped the combo or because he went over the damage threshold of the combo). At least that's how I think it works.

FHIZ

Is the Kasumi Ragnarok ACE costume the only one that's straight up impossible to obtain unless you got it from the game it ties into? I see it up on the marketplace for LR, but it's just listed as "unavailable"

Is the Kasumi Ragnarok ACE costume the only one that's straight up impossible to obtain unless you got it from the game it ties into? I see it up on the marketplace for LR, but it's just listed as "unavailable"

It was only available for a limited couple of times. Guess it's just been left up in the store. Might go on offer again in the future. They should have included that in LR for free.

It is a complete mess. God knows what is happening.

Did buying something in 5U Core Fighters ever unlock trophies anyway? Thought you'd need the full game to gget trophy access.

DR2K

Banned
Can you adjust handicaps to speed things up? Would make it quite boostable if you take it in turns online

I Believe so. But tag ranked on survival is the fastest way. One match 10 kills 2 costumes. (One for each character)

LoveCake

I just got the game for PS4 today, i have a few questions.

I have installed the two free costume packs, but when i look at some of the other fighters costumes, it says "not downloaded yet" but where do i download them from, when i go to the DLC page & select "costumes" all the names are greyed out, for Honoka for example it says on some costumes, that i have not downloaded them but when i go to the store it has the pack at £7.99 with the character, but i have Honoka already in the game so shouldn't i be able to get just the costumes at a cheaper price as i have already paid for Honoka?

Can someone help please?

Coda

Having fun with the free version, wondering if I should jump in on the complete version. Seems like the online isn't that great, thoughts?

Top Bottom