• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Demoskinos

That's good news, that white MR costume needs to be mine! But not for $90.

The season pass Senran Kagura pack intrigued me so I Googled it, it's just a bunch of high school girls or is there more to the anime / game? All the characters have school outfits already, I was trying to imagine what the Senran Kagura costumes would be.

Its kind of a mash up between a Dynasty Warriors game and something like say... Dissidia Final Fantasy. Currently there are two main entries and one spin-off localized for English speaking countries.

Senran Kagura Burst is available as a download on the 3DS E-shop and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus the first 3D entry into the series is available on Vita with both a physical and digital release although the physical version might be a tad hard to find now.

There is also a cooking rhythm game (yes you read that right) featuring the SK girls called Senran Kagura Bon Appetit and is available only as a digital download on the PSN store for Vita. I personally really like the series. If you've got more questions you can always head over to the newly formed Senran Kagura community thread and I'm sure people can answer more detailed questions if you have them. :)
t=992849http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992849

Hubb

I'm nat 3 and shit out of luck. I really need to move, because I have no control over the internet in my apartment.

Z3M0G

It means your router is having trouble communicating properly. To put it even simpler- you're going to have a bugger of a time finding matches because you won't be able to connect with other players as easily.

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
Strict can ONLY connect to open.

Ideally, everyone should have their NAT set to open and you won't have any issues. Even on moderate you should be able to join games, you may have trouble creating them though. If your NAT is strict then you have a problem.

How do i control this? Is there actually something in my router called "NAT" or "Network Address Translation" to tweak?

Kumubou

There should be no functional difference between Open and Moderate NAT, moderate NAT just means that there is network address translation going on by a router and that the device is on a private network, which is pretty goddamn normal for networked devices in this day and age. It also means that it's able to send and receive from the private network to the greater Internet without difficulty. Now, if you're on Strict, that's a problem as something important isn't getting routed properly.

The one functional difference is that an external device on the Internet would not be able to connect to a device on the private network sight unseen. However, as most requests on home networks are initiated by a device on the network, that should not be an issue, especially with online networks like PSN having support for things like UPnP and NAT punching. However, DoA's networking is special as all hell, so it could make a difference for no good reason.

Z3M0G

Im getting random matches, and got into a good solid lobey. But i want to rank up.

Anyone else constantly needing to shut down the game because it gets stuck searching for a ranked match, leaving you unable to quit?

Demoskinos

It means your router is having trouble communicating properly. To put it even simpler- you're going to have a bugger of a time finding matches because you won't be able to connect with other players as easily.

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
Strict can ONLY connect to open.

Ideally, everyone should have their NAT set to open and you won't have any issues. Even on moderate you should be able to join games, you may have trouble creating them though. If your NAT is strict then you have a problem.

Thing is though, i think this is mostly on DOA 5. I've DMZ the PS4 and still was Moderate all other games I play on it and even the system itself in Network settings claims a Type 2 NAT which should be ideal. Unless there are specific ports that DOA 5 uses that needs forwarded to get a Open NAT I'm blaming DOA on this one.

I remember Ranked being busted since the Vanilla version. So network troubles of this sort being on the game itself wouldn't surprise me at all.

Isomac

If you bought any characters off of Ultimate's Core Fighters (or DLC characters), those DO transfer over.

So because I didn't buy character individually (I bought the Ultimate version to get them all) means now I don't get anything. To upgrade I would need to pay full price. Seems fair... although I only see the core fighter on PSN for PS4.

Z3M0G

Again, mine gets stuck at x to continue every time I beat arcade. Survival is fine, just freaking arcade.
Disable the option for others to challenge you.

Right now the game can get stick trying to match you up with someone. Happens to me all the time when trying to get a ranked match...

Xevren

is it 2 ? i thought it was 3 .

I'm on moderate and i could only do 1 match tonight .

I just think matchmaking is messed up. Trying to get lobbies seems to be the best. Having fun playing this, haven't really messed with DoA in a long time so still getting used to things.

DR2K

Banned
is it 2 ? i thought it was 3 .

I'm on moderate and i could only do 1 match tonight .

Under the same exact conditions on PS3 DOALR says its type 2. PS4 DOALR says moderate.

I turn on Throwdown and go into training mode on PS4. I get plenty of matches there.

http://youtu.be/A1IrzPSCCuk

I fight 2 different players with 20 win streaks. Showing how easy it is to find matches with Throwdown in training mode. I imagine it's the same for said players. Of course this is only on PS4, can't vouch for other platforms.

Montresor

This game is completely fucking broken. I'm trying to install it for GayForMaster on his XB1 and there are 30+ fucking queued items, jesus christ. All of them say Installation Stopped except for the DOA Last Round item which I assume is the base game.

Initially the DOA Last Round item went to 40% downloaded and then said "Ready to play". So I clicked on DOA Last Round to launch it, and it said it needed a 440 Megabyte update. For the past hour it's been stuck at "Installing".

I don't know who this dev is (Tecmo?) but fuck them

Hubb

So because I didn't buy character individually (I bought the Ultimate version to get them all) means now I don't get anything. To upgrade I would need to pay full price. Seems fair... although I only see the core fighter on PSN for PS4.

Yep it does suck. I can see why TN did it that way, but I don't agree with it.

Astral

I'm scared to play online. I've been playing the Arcade mode at higher difficulties and it feels like good practice despite the a.i. being cheap as fuck sometimes. It's teaching me good habits.

Z3M0G

Under the same exact conditions on PS3 DOALR says its type 2. PS4 DOALR says moderate.

I turn on Throwdown and go into training mode on PS4. I get plenty of matches there.

I fight 2 different players with 20 win streaks. Showing how easy it is to find matches with Throwdown in training mode. I imagine it's the same for said players. Of course this is only on PS4, can't vouch for other platforms.

Holy shit, this works great! Thank you!!

I just think matchmaking is messed up. Trying to get lobbies seems to be the best. Having fun playing this, haven't really messed with DoA in a long time so still getting used to things.
Seems like it .

I think i'll do that too .

statham

Question: Does online have skill base match-making? I'm not good yet, If I play online am I going to get destroyed?

Z3M0G

Holy shit, this works great! And i never need to listen to that damn rap song ever again! Thank you!!!!!

OMG DR2K this works amazingly well

In addition to being incredibly hot, you are also a fount of knowledge.

Now I just need to find out how to check my connecting rating. I assumed that moderate meant I had an average connection, but the last page disproved that hypothesis.

So now I'm even more confused why my rank lobby and (now) my throwdowns keep getting rejected.

Ive played 4 versions of doa5 and never knew this... doesnt matter now. That match-up mode is broken. Training is the only way to play now.
I know, it's incredible. I've been playing DOA5 since 2012 and I never knew this simple trick.

How did I live before this? T___T

EDIT: I wonder how many of these rejections is because of people getting thrown off by "Option" when you actually have to press the touchpad. Also, what's the difference between the blue and the red throwdown icon. Because I get rejected every time it's blue.

Hubb

Question: Does online have skill base match-making? I'm not good yet, If I play online am I going to get destroyed?

Kind of. You have a ranking and you can set your threshold when searching for ranked games. That way you can only play people your rank and lower. Since the game just came out I'd guess that you are going to be fighting all types of people at low ranks while the higher ranks are climbing to the top.

Z3M0G

Its life changing... i cant get over this...

Edit: for the past 30+ minutes, ive been getting pwrfect lag free matches on every initial search attempt or two. Im never in training more than a few seconds. Though i may just have jynxed it... i had time to type all this between matches on my phone...

mintylurb

Usually, but for this game it showed up 2 days late for me.

Same here. Anyway, I redeemed the amazong codes then d/led the add-ons.
While trying to delete some old games, I accidentally deleted the doa5 LR install.
Upon reinstalling the game, it's not allowing me to redownload the amazong add-ons.
In the Library, it says installed eventhough all of doa5 LR data has been deleted..

Last TK game I'll be pre-ordering/getting on release day.

I know, it's incredible. I've been playing DOA5 since 2012 and I never knew this simple trick.

How did I live before this? T___T

EDIT: I wonder how many of these rejections is because of people getting thrown off by "Option" when you actually have to press the touchpad. Also, what's the difference between the blue and the red throwdown icon. Because I get rejected every time it's blue.

Blue icon : you're the one sending an invite

Red Icon : You're receiving an invite

it's just that .

Xevren

Going from VF/Tekken to this is so weird. Just not sure how to punish properly so I have issues at times against people just going nuts on buttons. Hayabusa's that are just teleporting doing god knows what seems to be the bane of my existence.

ShinMaruku

Going from VF/Tekken to this is so weird. Just not sure how to punish properly so I have issues at times against people just going nuts on buttons. Hayabusa's that are just teleporting doing god knows what seems to be the bane of my existence.

That's the beauty of this game completely different from the other games. As for punishing. If people are doing complete strings and you are blocking, just throw they are unsafe. As for Tommy teleporting, it's telegraphed and if you are at a good range you can knock him out of the move or block and throw punish. Problem is sometimes lag can fuck you sometimes. But if you can block and throw punish, the nuts will die. Phase 4 is the reaper for them, you go nuts eat a 60% combo and are set up for another one. (She like bass can kill you in 2 combos, difference is she's much faster)

Xevren

That's the beauty of this game completely different from the other games. As for punishing. If people are doing complete strings and you are blocking, just throw they are unsafe. As for Tommy teleporting, it's telegraphed and if you are at a good range you can knock him out of the move or block and throw punish. Problem is sometimes lag can fuck you sometimes. But if you can block and throw punish, the nuts will die. Phase 4 is the reaper for them, you go nuts eat a 60% combo and are set up for another one. (She like bass can kill you in 2 combos, difference is she's much faster)

Yea lag really seems to hurt on some of these lol. Just gonna have to get used to a fighter where your punishers are throws. Only playing this hannukah chick (I don't even know her actual name and that's what I call her) just so I can get in the swing of things.

Is the game really laggy for anyone else?

Feels pretty good to me most of the time, but I think having google fiber may help with that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yea lag really seems to hurt on some of these lol. Just gonna have to get used to a fighter where your punishers are throws. Only playing this hannukah chick (I don't even know her actual name and that's what I call her) just so I can get in the swing of things.

Honoka
51c51f99d9.gif

ShinMaruku

Feels pretty good to me most of the time, but I think having google fiber may help with that.

It's not quite that throws are the universal punish but it's great to smack down overly buttony people. The higher tier characters have proper punishes that put you into party time.

Also it's Honoka.

I think Netcode is better for people with good internet, but people say code is better.

I may be in the minority, but online has been working really good for me. I think I had about 2 lag matches out of nearly 40 so far. I think the netcode is improved form the previous versions, at least so far. Got to get used to this again after so much Guilty Gear though.

LoveCake

Is there a season pass for all the costumes for UK/EU region?
I have seen something mentioned at $90 that seems a bit steep, maybe that Japan collectors edition was the version to buy :/

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is there a season pass for all the costumes for UK/EU region?
I have seen something mentioned at $90 that seems a bit steep, maybe that Japan collectors edition was the version to buy :/

that's not even all the costumes lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I noticed that now its easier to hit people doing wake up kicks and the counter window is right where I wanted it. It feels as if they were reading my posts on Free Step Dodge and the previous DOA thread in here.

Top Bottom