• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Having fun with the free version, wondering if I should jump in on the complete version. Seems like the online isn't that great, thoughts?

I dont have much issues with the online so far. Very minor shitty connection matches so far which is something great since it would usually run like ass.

Every single "exclusive" costume was released to PSN for sale. Even the Yaiba ones for Ryu and Momiji.
That's good news, that white MR costume needs to be mine! But not for $90.

The season pass Senran Kagura pack intrigued me so I Googled it, it's just a bunch of high school girls or is there more to the anime / game? All the characters have school outfits already, I was trying to imagine what the Senran Kagura costumes would be.

So how do I get this for the PS3 in the UK, is it just an update for Ultimate, or is it available in shops or digitally?

I tried the free version a while back and enjoyed it, and had fun playing as Ryu and the VF characters, and am tempted to get this one.

So how do I get this for the PS3 in the UK, is it just an update for Ultimate, or is it available in shops or digitally?

I tried the free version a while back and enjoyed it, and had fun playing as Ryu and the VF characters, and am tempted to get this one.
PS3 version of LR is digital only. Not even sure if the full game is up on PS Store, though, because SCEE is shit.

If you want to use the F2P version, 5U digital on PS3 automatically upgrades to LR for balance/compatibility purposes. If you want the new characters for LR, you must buy them separately. Download 5U Core Fighters and apply the update to LR if you want to use the free version, otherwise you need to buy the full LR game on the Store.

Eolz

Might come in the lobby again a bit later if it isn't too late in my timezone.

I just got the game for PS4 today, i have a few questions.

I have installed the two free costume packs, but when i look at some of the other fighters costumes, it says "not downloaded yet" but where do i download them from, when i go to the DLC page & select "costumes" all the names are greyed out, for Honoka for example it says on some costumes, that i have not downloaded them but when i go to the store it has the pack at £7.99 with the character, but i have Honoka already in the game so shouldn't i be able to get just the costumes at a cheaper price as i have already paid for Honoka?

Can someone help please?

You should be able to get the costumes for a lower price, but right now, EU PSN is having problems with DOA5LR DLC. Better wait a few days.

Having fun with the free version, wondering if I should jump in on the complete version. Seems like the online isn't that great, thoughts?

If you like the game and want to play with more characters, it's worth it. Online isn't that bad, but there's obviously better. Even when I was on 360, I rarely got heavy lag.

On PS3, it's an update for Ultimate and Core Fighters. Not available in shops, but should be digitally (don't think it's the case right now in EU PSN).

That's good news, that white MR costume needs to be mine! But not for $90.

The season pass Senran Kagura pack intrigued me so I Googled it, it's just a bunch of high school girls or is there more to the anime / game? All the characters have school outfits already, I was trying to imagine what the Senran Kagura costumes would be.

Senran girls have 3 "outfits", their school uniform, their shinobi outfit, and their bra/panties. Usually the Shinobi outfits are the more stylish/extravagant ones. Look up some gameplay on youtube, once the characters transform for the most part they look very different. There should be some amazing costumes on the way if they pick the right characters.

czarship

I just got my physical copy pre-order in the mail from Walmart but there is no DLC code for the "New Challengers" costume set on the inside, nor did I receive an email with the code after the game shipped.

Was anyone successful in receiving their New Challengers code from Walmart?

Footos22

Can't even get a match on xbox one. Game crashes without fail. Not even a quiet crash. It fucking let's you know loud and proud. Got all single player achievements in about 2 1/2 hours. Love dead or alive. But fix this shit already.

LoveCake

You should be able to get the costumes for a lower price, but right now, EU PSN is having problems with DOA5LR DLC. Better wait a few days.

Ok thank you for the info, i have had a google about & there does seem to be some issues, i will wait for info before i buy any.

Squire

Banned
I just got my physical copy pre-order in the mail from Walmart but there is no DLC code for the "New Challengers" costume set on the inside, nor did I receive an email with the code after the game shipped.

Was anyone successful in receiving their New Challengers code from Walmart?

Pretty sure TN fucked up (again) so stores are sending out the codes late. If Walmart normally emails you those kinds of codes, it should be coming.

I chatted with Amazon CS though and ended up with an extra code. Posted before, but does anyone wanna trade? Best Buy, GS, or Walmart. I'll take whichever, I don't care that much. I'm in the US, of course.

PS3 version of LR is digital only. Not even sure if the full game is up on PS Store, though, because SCEE is shit.

If you want to use the F2P version, 5U digital on PS3 automatically upgrades to LR for balance/compatibility purposes. If you want the new characters for LR, you must buy them separately. Download 5U Core Fighters and apply the update to LR if you want to use the free version, otherwise you need to buy the full LR game on the Store.

Might come in the lobby again a bit later if it isn't too late in my timezone.

If you like the game and want to play with more characters, it's worth it. Online isn't that bad, but there's obviously better. Even when I was on 360, I rarely got heavy lag.

On PS3, it's an update for Ultimate and Core Fighters. Not available in shops, but should be digitally (don't think it's the case right now in EU PSN).

Righteo.

I'll not be getting it anytime soon, so I'll just wait for it to get put up on PSN and get it then. I'll probably not use the new characters much in all honesty; I'm mostly getting it for the NG and VF characters, although I do like Tina out of the DoA cast.

Kumubou

Also, dunno if its me but I just noticed I have Moderate NAT in this game.
It's the only game where I have this issue (Core Fighters version).
I think the way they handle connections is extra jacked up. I put my PS4 on the router's DMZ last night and it was still showing a moderate NAT. I also know that ranked matchmaking for me on PSN in DoA5U and LR on the PS3 and PS4 has always been completely broken. Lobbies work, games work, throwdowns kind of work (well not in LR D:) but if I try to use matchmaking, it just tells me no one's available regardless of my filtering settings. Only game I've played that's anything like this.

I would say it looks like they put no time into the online functionality... but seeing all of the issues with the release, I wonder if they spent more than the absolute minimum on anything other than artists to create DLC outfits. I am legitimately terrified of the PC release now (but at least we can force things like AA and AF there).

The funny thing is... for the most part, the balance adjustments seem good (if minor). Just please stop nerfing Kokoro. ;_;

I think the way they handle connections is extra jacked up. I put my PS4 on the router's DMZ last night and it was still showing a moderate NAT. I also know that ranked matchmaking for me on PSN in DoA5U and LR on the PS3 and PS4 has always been completely broken. Lobbies work, games work, throwdowns kind of work (well not in LR D:) but if I try to use matchmaking, it just tells me no one's available regardless of my filtering settings. Only game I've played that's anything like this.

I would say it looks like they put no time into the online functionality... but seeing all of the issues with the release, I wonder if they spent more than the absolute minimum on anything other than artists to create DLC outfits. I am legitimately terrified of the PC release now (but at least we can force things like AA and AF there).

The funny thing is... for the most part, the balance adjustments seem good (if minor). Just please stop nerfing Kokoro. ;_;
Same here :-(

Third time I've bought this game, and I obviously don't learn. Because to be honest, I found DOA5 vanilla to be perfectly serviceable as far as online play goes.

It's the ranked matchmaking that's been the problem every. single. time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Same here :-(

Third time I've bought this game, and I obviously don't learn. Because to be honest, I found DOA5 vanilla to be perfectly serviceable as far as online play goes.

It's the ranked matchmaking that's been the problem every. single. time.

I thought you purchased the game 4 times. (counting Vita)

czarship

Pretty sure TN fucked up (again) so stores are sending out the codes late. If Walmart normally emails you those kinds of codes, it should be coming.

I chatted with Amazon CS though and ended up with an extra code. Posted before, but does anyone wanna trade? Best Buy, GS, or Walmart. I'll take whichever, I don't care that much. I'm in the US, of course.

Thanks. I'll inquire Walmart & Koei Tecmo support. I'm starting to think a lot of people are having problems getting their "New Challengers" pre-order bonus from Walmart as its the only pre-order DLC code not currently being sold on eBay. However, I did see someone using Honoka's costume from the set while playing online last night.

Isomac

I own DOA 5 Ultimate PS3. Do I get any of the characters to free version PS4 or just costumes? If not I'll just wait and see when they announce more info about PC version.

Hubb

I own DOA 5 Ultimate PS3. Do I get any of the characters to free version PS4 or just costumes? If not I'll just wait and see when they announce more info about PC version.

You get the Ninjas and you'd get about 4 more characters if you "bought" them when TN offered them for free. Every 2 weeks the rotate 2 free characters, so you'll always have 6 characters to choose from.

You get the Ninjas and you'd get about 4 more characters if you "bought" them when TN offered them for free. Every 2 weeks the rotate 2 free characters, so you'll always have 6 characters to choose from.

The really annoying thing about that is that, while I was able to claim Hitomi for free when she was offered, after that point, I got the full digital version of 5U. From that point on, any characters they made perma-free, I wasn't allowed to download because I owned the full game. Therefore, when it came to PS4 Core Fighters, I was only able to carry over Hitomi, and currently miss out on the other freebies they gave away, like Jann Lee, etc.

Hubb

The really annoying thing about that is that, while I was able to claim Hitomi for free when she was offered, after that point, I got the full digital version of 5U. From that point on, any characters they made perma-free, I wasn't allowed to download because I owned the full game. Therefore, when it came to PS4 Core Fighters, I was only able to carry over Hitomi, and currently miss out on the other freebies they gave away, like Jann Lee, etc.

Yeah that really sucks. Luckily I was able to grab them, but they have yet to give out the one character I am interested in (outside of what I already had) Helena.

Senran girls have 3 "outfits", their school uniform, their shinobi outfit, and their bra/panties. Usually the Shinobi outfits are the more stylish/extravagant ones. Look up some gameplay on youtube, once the characters transform for the most part they look very different. There should be some amazing costumes on the way if they pick the right characters.
Cool, ended up on YouTube for longer than I expected actually. All of what I saw looked very fitting for DOA costumes, should be interesting.

Purdy

Any reason I can't see the like 'Pay once for access to everything' version of the game on PS4, can see it for £40 on Xbox but not on PSN =/?

Kilau

Does anyone know if the PS Now streaming version of DOA5U has also been updated to Last Round and has online play?

Anyone else having massive amounts of trouble playing DOA5 LR on xbone? Seriously what the fuck?

I popped my disc in and all it says is Default Title as its name. I uninstalled Core Fighters by the way and launching the game now does nothing. Now when I pop the disc in I see a shit load of items added to my queue (all the fighters), so what the fuck? Are the characters not on the disc? And it's even adding Core Fighters to my queue, what the fuck is that? Does that mean I can play without the disc? I'm so confused... why can't I just play the game by putting the disc in? Nothing is installing either, all it says is queued.

Edit: Everything is magically downloading and completing after I unplugged/plugged my router/modem. Now I am happy.

Hubb

Does anyone know if the PS Now streaming version of DOA5U has also been updated to Last Round and has online play?

Doubtful, but I am sure they'll get around to updated it later than sooner.

Any reason I can't see the like 'Pay once for access to everything' version of the game on PS4, can see it for £40 on Xbox but not on PSN =/?

Apparently SCEE is fucking up hard so I wouldn't be surprised if it still isn't listed. Hopefully someone on EU PSN can clear that up for you.

Apparently SCEE is fucking up hard so I wouldn't be surprised if it still isn't listed. Hopefully someone on EU PSN can clear that up for you.

Lol .. @ SCEE

In Core fighter i went to the store ( by the in-game menu ) only to find raidou for free ...

Downloading it give an error .

And no the full version without core fighter still isn't available digitally

And several costumes i have unlocked in the regular game for some character are shown as "locked" other need a catalog ( that i don't see anywhere )

Kumubou

IIRC, Playstation Now games are treated identically to digital releases, so they should be patched up and work online.

...but what is with all of the fighting games on Playstation Now? USF4, DoA5U/LR, VF5:FS... who would want to play those games with lag offline?
Or at those prices?
Tom Lee is here at Winter Brawl. :>
Kick him in the shins and tell him that Team Ninja needs to fix... well, I would say the netcode/matchmaking but it seems like everything is broken at this point. D:

I wish you could tell before the match whether or not somebody is on wireless.
It should tell you that during the character select screen... which doesn't really help for ranked games, but still. That and the ping measurement seems super wonky outside of actual matches.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Bought the $40 PS4 digital version.

Do I have to unlock the DOA2/3 music somewhere? I assume they are bundled with this paid version since they no longer appear on the storefront for me to purchase separately, but scrolling through the music menu I recognize no songs being from DOA2 or DOA3.

Anyone help to solve this?

Bought the $40 PS4 digital version.

Do I have to unlock the DOA2/3 music somewhere? I assume they are bundled with this paid version since they no longer appear on the storefront for me to purchase separately, but scrolling through the music menu I recognize no songs being from DOA2 or DOA3.

Anyone help to solve this?

Have to be unlocked. Play Arcade, other modes, online, etc. Should get them eventually.

Isomac

Well that's disappointing. Why would they transfer the costumes but not the characters I already own :( I guess I mess around a bit with the free characters and hope the Steam version is not a mess.

Hubb

Well that's disappointing. Why would they transfer the costumes but not the characters I already own :( I guess I mess around a bit with the free characters and hope the Steam version is not a mess.

If you bought any characters off of Ultimate's Core Fighters (or DLC characters), those DO transfer over.

image_zps91a8bf97.jpg

:D

Kat is cosplaying as Honoka here too.

Pachinko

What does "NAT Type: Moderate" mean? Im having a hell of a time finding matches...

It means your router is having trouble communicating properly. To put it even simpler- you're going to have a bugger of a time finding matches because you won't be able to connect with other players as easily.

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
Strict can ONLY connect to open.

Ideally, everyone should have their NAT set to open and you won't have any issues. Even on moderate you should be able to join games, you may have trouble creating them though. If your NAT is strict then you have a problem.

system11

Does anyone know if the Showstoppers Encore costumes will be available in Europe somehow? Seems to be a Best Buy DLC, or people who buy the Hori stick which isn't availabe in Europe either (and I suspect the DLC code wouldn't work if imported).

Top Bottom